Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for Hat "experts"

Hey, so I lately I discovered my Obsession with Vintage clothing, furniture, and overall that kind of stuff.

So I want to get myself a hat... which I saw on my favorite music artist

If ANYONE who has knowledge about hat names could help me out, that would be lovely. Here's the picture of the hat

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/J...SLqxllUCnl.jpg

I know as much as it is NOT a Top hat, as the top of the hat is not flat. I think it's somewhere between a fedora or a trilby, but that's why I'm asking.

Inb4 Trolling, I suck at expressing my opinions and ideas, so this might sound awkward

Deleted
    Good lord please don't wear that hat.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Though I generally despise people wearing those hats and *trying* to be classy, I shall help. It's called a Trilby. A fedora is a totally different hat, which is a comment some may say. a fedora is a hat like Indiana jones' hat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Good lord please don't wear that hat.
    totally, agree with you mate. its not like either of us will see him so im not too worried.
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you get a Trilby and walk around calling it a Fedora i swear to fucking Thor that i will find you and do terrible things to you.

---

Can all of the ladies please post up and inform the OP of just how bad an idea that hat is?
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-08-13 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post

totally, agree with you mate. its not like either of us will see him so im not too worried.
    It'll make me sad just knowing someone out there is wearing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Can all of the ladies please post up and inform the OP of just how bad an idea that hat is?
    all people have different opinions man, please respect mine.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetweentheBlues View Post
    all people have different opinions man, please respect mine.
    We're trying to help you dude. Think of it as an intervention.

Wear whatever you like and don't give anyone who tells you different a second thought OP.

Deleted
    Another hipster

Deleted
    I can understand an artist wearing this on stage .
    But if someone wears a hat like this in public , he should get punched in the face.
    Honestly that hat looks freaking dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    I can understand an artist wearing this on stage .
    But if someone wears a hat like this in public , he should get punched in the face.
    Honestly that hat looks freaking dumb.
    I think that's probably a BIT strong. Yes, I think it's a daft hat but as mermaid said, people should wear what they want and PUNCHING SOMEONE IN THE FACE WHAT THE ACTUAL....

Deleted
    TBF its common for some teenagers to go through an identity crisis and opt for a alternative look to gain attention

you cant really wear that unless you are zorro, puss n boots, or a pirate.

so, if you wear that, they will come to you in the night and take it back.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBF its common for some teenagers to go through an identity crisis and opt for a alternative look to gain attention
    This has nothing to do with an identity crisis, and what you people think doesn't matter a octopus shit. I and everyone else can wear whatever we want, we don't do it to suite you or piss you off.. of you don't like it, laugh and turn the other way, we don't give shit, and you guys trying to discourage OP from wearing what he wants, you are a disgrace.

I personally don't like the way people overdo tattoo's or piercings, but it's their life and whether I like it or not, I don't try to tell them my opinion about their look as some kind of fact, for why they shouldn't do it.
    Wearing a hat however can look awesome.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    This has nothing to do with an identity crisis, and what you people think doesn't matter a octopus shit. I and everyone else can wear whatever we want, we don't do it to suite you or piss you off.. of you don't like it, laugh and turn the other way, we don't give shit, and you guys trying to discourage OP from wearing what he wants, you are a disgrace.

I personally don't like the way people overdo tattoo's or piercings, but it's their life and whether I like it or not, I don't try to tell them my opinion about their look as some kind of fact, for why they shouldn't do it.
    Wearing a hat however can look awesome.
    i personally dont give a rats what he wears, he could wear a technicolour dream coat and eagle hat for all i care. that said theres always an underline reason

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    [Guy]: "I want this hat. It will look amazing."
    [Others]: "No it wont, please don't wear that hat."
    [Guy]: "I got the hat. How awesome does it look?"
    [Others]: " /facepalm "
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-08-13 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    i personally dont give a rats what he wears, he could wear a technicolour dream coat and eagle hat for all i care. that said theres always an underline reason
    There's usually a reason for everything everyone does. Perhaps the reason why the OP wants to wear this hat is because he likes it, and thinks it looks cool. To make baseless assumptions about people and their reasoning for things is silly. Lashing out at them and calling them names for it is just plain rude.

Deleted
    Just remember to not use such a hat without a proper 3-piece suit to go with it. Anything other is close to blasphemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    Though I generally despise people wearing those hats and *trying* to be classy, I shall help. It's called a Trilby. A fedora is a totally different hat, which is a comment some may say. a fedora is a hat like Indiana jones' hat.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the hat he linked is a trilby.This is a Trilby:

Note the upturned back, dowturned front, and small brim.

Here's the one he linked:

Notice the wide nearly-flat brim. Slightly bowl shaped, I suppose.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!