Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Ele Shaman t 16 4set

Ok then i got my 4 set so i replace my old set with the new on and make some tests on dumys ... both single and multi and i'm realy disappointed ..... is from 10 to 30 % decrease in DPS with bether stats .. heh it sims we ar goin back to the midle spot again ...
    2 set .. i dont realy want to coment this ...
    4 set 5 min single max 8 ads ..... 5 min multi max 11 ads i realy hope i was unlucky ....
    Whot you guys got ??

I got a pair of sucky set bonuses. I get benched in my 10 man HC prog guild. The only thing I bring to the table is AG, Aoe is bad, Single target is bad. (I dont got a any of the new trinkets nor a new weapon) Dunno if it matters.

But say Thok Hc I off heal a bit, ending up with 30k HPS and 220-230k dps..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Aoe is bad, Single target is bad
    not sure if srs

If you get benched you should probably quit that guild. Seems like a shitty thing to do.

In terms of set bonus I don know what you are doing but the 2 piece is a pretty good chunk of Dps for something we do already ( Es with 6-7 stacks) . The 4 is weak but again it procs with no added effort on our part. Not to mention the stats for ele are good on most tier. I'm finding my Dps growing at decent pace with every upgrade so so far no real issues

Quote Originally Posted by Zamey View Post
    not sure if srs
    Cl isn't that good anymore, Classes with AoE Spells that scale decently with Haste can beat you.

1.5 Casts are just horrible if you just spam them during a final Tier, especially with the legendary meta gem, because so much Haste rating is just wasted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Cl isn't that good anymore, Classes with AoE Spells that scale decently with Haste can beat you.

1.5 Casts are just horrible if you just spam them during a final Tier, especially with the legendary meta gem, because so much Haste rating is just wasted.
    How can you say chain lightning isn't that good any more, our single target burst especially with skull banner is very high, our single target is average yes, but our aoe is insane.

The only time ele will really be out aoe'd is if there's a stupid amount of targets or they're to spread and multi dotting catches up with us, anywhere from 3-8 ish targets ele cleave is ridiculous.

our single target burst especially with skull banner is very high, our single target is average yes,
    Still a Affli Lock & Balance Druid can beat you during Burst Phase.

But i don't know why you bring up single target dps, though.

but our aoe is insane.
    Not anymore, it's still quite good but if a AoE Phase goes a little longer, the others will catch up.

On many AoE Encounters i wasn't that good in terms of AoE Dps as i thought, stuff lives too long on Heroic so less bursty is able to catch up, if you have enough gear once more the thing might look different because stuff dies too fast.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-09-27 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    You named 2 specs that beat beat us on burst, that means there are still plenty below us.

I'm bringing up single target because that's the thing all ele's seem to complain about, for no reason, our single target is fine as it is.

The only class ive seen really compete with ele aoe would be a warrior with bladestorm (but then there dps drops), ret with 4 set and an affli lock if the targets are up long enough to get dark soul dots up.

Ele's are in a more than fine spot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Ok then i got my 4 set so i replace my old set with the new on and make some tests on dumys ... both single and multi and i'm realy disappointed ..... is from 10 to 30 % decrease in DPS with bether stats .. heh it sims we ar goin back to the midle spot again ...
    2 set .. i dont realy want to coment this ...
    4 set 5 min single max 8 ads ..... 5 min multi max 11 ads i realy hope i was unlucky ....
    Whot you guys got ??
    10-30% damage bous from Tier set GG dunno if we play the same game , Tier bonus shoud give around 2-3% buff if it give 5% its very good one if it give more its realy great but Tier bonus taht give 10%+ bonuss is incredible OP and need nerf

2 set is good one for single target dps
    4 set was incredible OP on PTR but get big nerf , from what i saw its do around 3-4% of ele dps

i realy dunno what you expet form Tset bonuses to be 50% dps increase or what ?

You named 2 specs that beat beat us on burst, that means there are still plenty below us.
    I doubt that they are the only ones.

I'm bringing up single target because that's the thing all ele's seem to complain about, for no reason, our single target is fine as it is.
    So you tell me your argument for a discussion which i don't even participate?

The only class ive seen really compete with ele aoe would be a warrior with bladestorm (but then there dps drops), ret with 4 set and an affli lock if the targets are up long enough to get dark soul dots up.
    And Hunters if you have to move (/wave Dark Shaman; Siegecrafter Hc); get interrupted (/Wave Thok HC); or AoE with too many targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I doubt that they are the only ones.

So you tell me your argument for a discussion which i don't even participate?

And Hunters if you have to move (/wave Dark Shaman; Siegecrafter Hc); get interrupted (/Wave Thok HC); or AoE with too many targets.
    I'm curious what a person like you would want the devs to change about shaman. So far by your posts every ranged is better than we are at single, aoe, burst and movement. So why do you bother to play shaman at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I'm curious what a person like you would want the devs to change about shaman. So far by your posts every ranged is better than we are at single, aoe, burst and movement. So why do you bother to play shaman at all?
    You stick it out with a spec you know is consistently mediocre in hopes that maybe this time it's not. Ele currently is mid pack for AoE, bottom for single target, eh for burst (love watching hunters and boomies hit 1 mil openers...). We have our fights, and our uses, but overall if your raid has the means to replace you with a warlock or a hunter (this goes for pretty much every other ranged class) of equal skill and gear, they should. Things WILL die faster. But this is unrealistic.

So far by your posts every ranged is better than we are at single
    Ah really?

Please quote the line which i said "Every ranged is better than Elemental".

I said that a few specs are better than Elemental in terms of Burst Dps.

Burst Dps =/= Single target Dps.

aoe
    I said that Cl is no longer as good as it was, since the current Heroic Fights don't favor AoE for some reasons mentioned above or merely slightly better than other AoE options.

movement.
    I haven't lost a word about movement Dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinklefairy View Post
    You stick it out with a spec you know is consistently mediocre in hopes that maybe this time it's not. Ele currently is mid pack for AoE, bottom for single target, eh for burst (love watching hunters and boomies hit 1 mil openers...). We have our fights, and our uses, but overall if your raid has the means to replace you with a warlock or a hunter (this goes for pretty much every other ranged class) of equal skill and gear, they should. Things WILL die faster. But this is unrealistic.
    I guess your right I just don't understand all the whine. If you really have nothing good to say about the class why not just go to another? I really like playing ele and accept it is the way it is. And I truly do not understand getting benched, that sounds like you guild has an issue if the first response to adversity is to boot you.

Deleted
    Thok dps is kind of irrelevant on dps seeing as all casters get silenced and hunters dont, if your hunter is outdpsing you on siege heroic or dark shamans heroic then you're doing something wrong.

I never said you said anything about single target, you asked why I mentioned it and it was because Hulkovious mentioned it so i continued mentioning it.

Everyone thats going to keep thinking ele is a bad spec or mediocre at best should either think about rerolling to top single target deeps or put some time in to ele, learn to play it and compete on the meters.

Thok dps is kind of irrelevant on dps seeing as all casters get silenced and hunters dont, if your hunter is outdpsing you on siege heroic or dark shamans heroic then you're doing something wrong.

I never said you said anything about single target, you asked why I mentioned it and it was because Hulkovious mentioned it so i continued mentioning it.

Everyone thats going to keep thinking ele is a bad spec or mediocre at best should either think about rerolling to top single target deeps or put some time in to ele, learn to play it and compete on the meters.
    Exactly, I am frequent the top Dps in my 10 man. Just need to not worry about theoretical sims and more about getting better in game.

I guess your right I just don't understand all the whine. If you really have nothing good to say about the class why not just go to another? I really like playing ele and accept it is the way it is. And I truly do not understand getting benched, that sounds like you guild has an issue if the first response to adversity is to boot you.
    In higher end guilds you don't necessarily have the means to just up and switch and still be competitive, especially in the current state of the game with the Legendary chain. Being benched doesn't mean booted, it means someone else is better for this fight than you on such a scale that even if you're a better player, it's best you wait it out. My guild still thinks I'm worth a raid spot, as well as our other ele shaman, they just know as well as I that ele is in a iffy place. Being in an iffy place is bad for progression. As soon as we're on a fight where we're not going to be dragging along the bottom, we're both in there. It's just how it works.

Other classes are going through this too. To me, this is the most unbalanced I've seen WoW in a while (maybe ever). When the difference between middle and top (not even bottom and top) can be in the range of 20% or more, you have a serious issue, and classes are going to be sat.

:P how come 4 set discusion change into shaman sux discusion :P

Deleted
    every topic changes into shaman sucks discussion

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't doing something right if you're ending up on the bottom of dps charts. Shamans are one of the most mobile casters in the game, as well as having awesome healing cooldowns and insane aoe. I've played an elemental shaman this whole expansion and I've never been sat because my class wasn't great at a particular encounter. Research what successful elemental shamans are doing. Think about how you can squeeze out that extra dps. These things are basic to raiding. So, if you're being sat simply because you're an elemental shaman, A. your raid leader(s) aren't the brightest crayon in the box or B. you don't know how to maximize your dps.

In response to the actual topic, I think the 2 piece is a pretty strong boost to single target damage and the 4 set is fun with all the lightning elementals running around . I don't have My 4set bonus yet, so I don't know how much dps it adds.
    Last edited by Valkyier; 2013-09-27 at 04:54 PM.