Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    So I guess the REAL way to get a job in America is to say that you're a gay, black Islamic woman, right? Just get all the "protected" classes combined and sign up some apps! ...as long as you don't have a piercing or tattoo.
    How did you make the jump to that conversation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It seemed logical.

Hyperbole drive was activated.

Proof:

It seemed logical.

I'd say that anyone shouldn't discriminate anyone for piercings or tattoos (or any other reason).

But since we live in the real world, this sort of shit happens. And since the world is full of people who enable this sort of discrimination by being prejudiced or just plain dumb, things won't change.

Unless it comes to race or religion, right?
    No see you're just being a piss ant to be a piss ant. When you go into a job they do not ask you what religion you are. And the religion you follow is a non-issue unless you need 10 breaks a day at certain times to do some religious thing. That may be an issue, but you can talk to your potential employer during the interview process and work out something. For example where I work we have a guy with some tattoos and it's a non-issue because they're covered except one that you can barely see.

What you're trying to do is get people to agree with your weird point of view and get them all pointless enraged over something and call their congressman or whatever. Guess what, it's not going to happen. Companies of all sizes get to choose who they hire and for what reasons. Your complaints are like saying Hooters should hire a bunch of dudes too and then change their name to 'People in Tight Shirts'. Hell even HOOTERS 'discriminates' since you know they get the really good looking girls to work evenings and weekends when more people are in.

if they cant comply with the employers dress code. or ill hire you, and if its a sales job and you cant make a sale cause customers don't wanna talk to you, ill just fire you for being bad at customer service
    Last edited by mizeri; 2013-09-27 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Hyperbole drive was activated.

Proof:
    So I created a hyperbole on myself and my own thread... does that mean I inceptioned myself?

So I created a hyperbole on myself and my own thread... does that mean I inceptioned myself?
    I'm not entirely sure your understanding of what hyperbole means is very accurate.

I have noticed when applying for good jobs there might be 100's of applicants. The people doing the hiring want to weed out undesireables very quickly. 1st appearances always leave a lasting impression. Just cover them up until you get the job, then suprise.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Years ago when I was a teenager, the family biz: dad did not like the idea of tattooed/pierced/coloured hair on people other then an anchor on the cook's forearm, and the old ladies with earrings and their blue-black hair. But after I asked why? If they can work what's the deal? If they can present themselves in a way that's win for us, is there harm? Even in a fairly public and people oriented company this rang true. Now we hire people with all looks, provided when they come to work they are neat and clean, wear the uniform required and have the PEOPLE SKILLS to pull it off.

And to be honest I wouldn't hire either of buddies example of the dumbass with face tattoos, or the dbag yes man. Neither look trustable. The first b/c he looks like he might be in the act of being molested in the picture, and that's just not good for biz, and the 2nd, well, a guy dressed like that, with that smile, isn't to be trusted, he wants too much money for what he's doing. I mean, just look at him, he's not suit this job.

I don't care if you are 6'8" or 3 foot nothing, with tattoos, wild hair colour, and piercings, as long as you can use your people skills and pass as more then a zombie, be polite and clean, and can work your ass off. And wipe the victim look off your face.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    No see you're just being a piss ant to be a piss ant. When you go into a job they do not ask you what religion you are. And the religion you follow is a non-issue unless you need 10 breaks a day at certain times to do some religious thing. That may be an issue, but you can talk to your potential employer during the interview process and work out something. For example where I work we have a guy with some tattoos and it's a non-issue because they're covered except one that you can barely see.

What you're trying to do is get people to agree with your weird point of view and get them all pointless enraged over something and call their congressman or whatever. Guess what, it's not going to happen. Companies of all sizes get to choose who they hire and for what reasons. Your complaints are like saying Hooters should hire a bunch of dudes too and then change their name to 'People in Tight Shirts'. Hell even HOOTERS 'discriminates' since you know they get the really good looking girls to work evenings and weekends when more people are in.
    I think Hooter was actually sued for discrimination... but people don't fire Muslims for praying to MECCA. They can just as easily convert to another religion, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not entirely sure your understanding of what hyperbole means is very accurate.
    Well if I were exaggerate my stance or opinion, don't you think I would have done that in my op? No, I left that for the 4th page to start on it.

Or find an employer who doesn't mind having someone with tattoos?
    What if you love having a sense of style that doesn't fit in any form within the career field you choose?

I have my ears pierced, I have tattoos, but you can sure as hell bet I'm not about to be a politician, but what if that's all I've ever wanted to do?

Hmm, sacrifice my individuality and my sense of self for my career, or strip myself of my "self" just to do a job that I love, but openly discriminates against me...

Alright for everyone who says piercings and tattoos are perfectly fine to discriminate against, I'd love your opinion

http://makeupandbeauty.com/wp-conten...rizzy-hair.png
    Here is a prety girl, but she doesnt spend time doing her hair. But she's a good white woman. Do you hire her?

Or do you hire someone who puts a little more effort into their appearance, but has a few piercings and a finger tattoo!
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...qIQ_uGTuh4MESW

You gotta pick one!

Well if I were exaggerate my stance or opinion, don't you think I would have done that in my op? No, I left that for the 4th page to start on it.
    So, basically, I was right?

You activated the hyperbole drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were an employer, I wouldn't worry about someone with tattoos, even if they were on their neck or otherwise visible outside of their shirt.

But if you came to an interview with "EAT SHIT" on your forehead, it'd be equivalent to you walking in with a shirt that said "FUCK" on the front and "YOU" on the back, with no pants.

Tattoos aren't a sign of bad judgement always, but... sometimes, they are. It's really a case-by-case sort of thing. But if you've demonstrated clearly bad judgement (by tattooing filth on your forehead as above) then I wouldn't trust you enough to hire you, because you'd probably screw something up.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

My reality-warp field is destabilizing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You blow things out don't you?
    Well, he did say pussy destroyer. ZING

10+ Year Old Account

On the 4th page? As if I needed to, honestly, the thread is already successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    What if you love having a sense of style that doesn't fit in any form within the career field you choose?

I have my ears pierced, I have tattoos, but you can sure as hell bet I'm not about to be a politician, but what if that's all I've ever wanted to do?

Hmm, sacrifice my individuality and my sense of self for my career, or strip myself of my "self" just to do a job that I love, but openly discriminates against me...
    It's not discrimination. Your tattoos and piercings are not a protected class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    My reality-warp field is destabilizing.
    There are some links in another thread to the "Truth Team." Might help to boost your stability levels.

Unless it comes to race or religion, right?
    Are you just trying to provoke people, or do you not understand how the world works. Religion has nothing to do with the topic, what you believe in has nothing to do with your work performance. Stop trying to turn this into a religious debate. you have done this 3 times now. and there is a 4th and arguably 5th time that you did it again in the same thread...

Your original statement was about tattoos, so stick to your own topic. Getting tattoos CAN affect your work performance because customers can be put off when they see someone in front of them with tattoos, it's a simple fact of life, accept this and move on. Certain jobs where you do not have to interact with customers in a white collar type environment, the employers won't give a rats ass what you have tattooed on your body, because you don't have to appear in front of people.

If something does not affect your appearance, it is of no concern to the company and cannot be used against you (except criminal records, which companies use against you).
    Last edited by swiftowner; 2013-09-27 at 05:52 PM.