Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Actually the issue with Melder and Steam was due to registry entries, and could be resolved through manually running and patching once with the original launcher.
    However development of Melder stalled, but has been picked up in another project Meldii which I have been using just fine with the Steam Client, as I was with Melder previously.

I have been playing since closed beta, and still am.
    The huge overhauls have put off a lot of players I do agree on, but it isn't the only game to overhaul class design and still keep going.
    Yep, I've been playing since closed beta too.
    Overall, the total changes have been a mix bag.

Personally, I think that patch 1.5 will make the game less of a themepark and less of a solo experience, both of which will be good for the game.

I just worry that it's too late.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Yep, I've been playing since closed beta too.
    Overall, the total changes have been a mix bag.

Personally, I think that patch 1.5 will make the game less of a themepark and less of a solo experience, both of which will be good for the game.

I just worry that it's too late.
    I still want their initial vision of the game to be the true Firefall. Playing closed beta all those years ago , back when the tech tree was a thing and Invasions/Nados were all you had to do.. I still had more fun in that smallish sandbox-like game than i had with Firefall after launch. PvP was also very fun. =(.
    I'm sad now.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I still want their initial vision of the game to be the true Firefall. Playing closed beta all those years ago , back when the tech tree was a thing and Invasions/Nados were all you had to do.. I still had more fun in that smallish sandbox-like game than i had with Firefall after launch. PvP was also very fun. =(.
    I'm sad now.
    Yeah... patch .8 to patch 1.0 pretty much killed the open world experience.
    Now you have to be level capped to have that experience again.

:/

Luckily, leveling will be more like a tutorial / story mode after the overhaul so people will get to experience the fun stuff sooner.

I'm sad now.
    PvP is coming back, at least in arena formats such as Jetball.
    Broken Peninsula is going away.

Reinventing the wheel again, Firefall Style.

http://www.firefall.com/news/looking...rd-itemization

Huge change to gearing and itemisation, which shouldn't be a surprise since they do have a habit of remaking the game every few major patches.
    I just hope that the game finally reaches a fairly stable form, as this regular changing must be losing them a lot of players.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-06-24 at 12:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

PvP is coming back, at least in arena formats such as Jetball.
    Broken Peninsula is going away.

Reinventing the wheel again, Firefall Style.

http://www.firefall.com/news/looking...rd-itemization

Huge change to gearing and itemisation, which shouldn't be a surprise since they do have a habit of remaking the game every few major patches.
    I just hope that the game finally reaches a fairly stable form, as this regular changing must be losing them a lot of players.

I'm personally very excited about some of those changes. Having a dedicated melee weapon slot in particular is gonna be awesome, and even for those who don't want to melee, they get a reusable grenade instead! I noticed that sword they linked has a lifesteal component too, yummy.

Likewise with the Medical System giving a reusable heal on a minute CD, and now every frame can have a decent health regen core without sacrificing the good stuff.

Overall the only thing that worries me about all this is inventory space. With so many extra slots for gear, I hope I'm not gonna have to stop to salvage crap every ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    Overall the only thing that worries me about all this is inventory space. With so many extra slots for gear, I hope I'm not gonna have to stop to salvage crap every ten minutes.
    Indeed, and someone already bought up that same point on the forum.
    However the inventory impact remains uncertain, since there are improvements in other areas, particularly with modules.
    The consolidation of those both in reduction of variations and removal of level requirements will reduce the "glut" they currently occupy by a huge amount.
    Plus ranking up modules will mean a new demand for otherwise unattractive modules under the current model.
    In effect, a module-sink like you would have a gold-sink or crystite-sink.

Edit: The developers replied specifically, and there are no plans currently to increase the inventory size.
    I imagine we need actual first-hand experience of it.
    Then we may or may not have a convincing argument.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-06-29 at 07:44 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...4-Release.html

"Chris Whiteside, currently in attendance at this year's ChinaJoy, has told us that Firefall will be coming to PlayStation 4 (no word on XBox One, however). He reached out to Managing Editor Bill Murphy directly to let us know that it had been announced at Sony's Press Conference. A press release should be forthcoming soon and we'll keep you posted as the story develops."

10+ Year Old Account

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...4-Release.html

"Chris Whiteside, currently in attendance at this year's ChinaJoy, has told us that Firefall will be coming to PlayStation 4 (no word on XBox One, however). He reached out to Managing Editor Bill Murphy directly to let us know that it had been announced at Sony's Press Conference. A press release should be forthcoming soon and we'll keep you posted as the story develops."
    Well i bought a PS4 last month so. Hope i can transfer the account somehow.

Well i bought a PS4 last month so. Hope i can transfer the account somehow.
    Since it is all saved via the account, then I see that being the easy part.
    Personally I see no reason why you can't play the same account on multiple devices, just picking up where you left off.
    The game has xbox controller support, so I suppose console was a logical step.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it is all saved via the account, then I see that being the easy part.
    Personally I see no reason why you can't play the same account on multiple devices, just picking up where you left off.
    The game has xbox controller support, so I suppose console was a logical step.
    Doubtfull it works like that. We already 2 examples of that not being possible. Warframe and ESO. Warframe had about half a dozen days after it came out on PS4 a couple years ago. Since then its been impossible to transfer accounts. ESO had a small window when console pre-purchases were available to transfer account. Same thing, since then no other window has been opened to transfer.

According to some warframe devs i think its not that devs don't want to have the work to do it, its the companies Sony/Microsoft who are pretty inflexible in this account stuff/patch releases etc.
    Gotta fuckin certify everything that goes through XBOX live/PSN.

Doubtfull it works like that. We already 2 examples of that not being possible. Warframe and ESO. Warframe had about half a dozen days after it came out on PS4 a couple years ago. Since then its been impossible to transfer accounts. ESO had a small window when console pre-purchases were available to transfer account. Same thing, since then no other window has been opened to transfer.

According to some warframe devs i think its not that devs don't want to have the work to do it, its the companies Sony/Microsoft who are pretty inflexible in this account stuff/patch releases etc.
    Gotta fuckin certify everything that goes through XBOX live/PSN.
    The transfer window shows it is possible, if it is the same game.
    Only with a game with different progression would it be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    The transfer window shows it is possible, if it is the same game.
    Only with a game with different progression would it be an issue.
    I misworded it. I meant as in at will, or seeming as easy as we make it out to be.

I misworded it. I meant as in at will, or seeming as easy as we make it out to be.
    No technical reason that I can see, only 3rd parties getting in the way.
    One reason why console versions aren't as simple as they are made out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been wanting to see how firefall is now a days but after learning that patch 1.5 is firefall's FF14's 2.0 patch maybe I'll wait. On a side note do we know whats in said patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    So I've been wanting to see how firefall is now a days but after learning that patch 1.5 is firefall's FF14's 2.0 patch maybe I'll wait. On a side note do we know whats in said patch?
    Leveling streamlining.
    Adding a massive personal story line.
    World revamp.
    New dungeons.
    New pve modes.
    New pvp modes.
    Combat update.
    Movement update.
    Frame revamps.
    New gear slots IE: melee weapon / grenade slot.
    Crafting revamp.
    Upgrade system.

You know, stoof.

There should be another major update on the PTS soonish.

10+ Year Old Account
    My lil bro for some reason decided to start playing this. Fighting the urge to correct his mistakes. No you don't try to snipe enemies while on a Dreadnaught. Stahp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Better late then nevah.

With revamped Sertao, lots of things is going to add. I wanna ride an tank! ^_^

I am waiting for them to decide what they want their end game to be about.

A solo player experience alongside other players in an open world
    or
    A group play experience in instances that require coordination and division of roles.

Every other patch they change their mind and, at this point, the classes are so muddled that teamwork is pretty much obsolete.

IE:
    Firecats are the masters of AoE and area denial...
    Unless you look at Recluse which is a master of AoE, area denial, team support, and it even has access to a tanking cool down.

They don't have a clear idea of what the archetypes should be, how they should fit together as a team, and how to make each archetype matter in PvE.

That's why we keep ending up with 80% rhino raids and shit like that.

They only design around one role, dealing as much damage as possible as quickly as possible, and whoever is the DPS king at the time becomes the class people use in raids and dungeons.

There was more teamwork in patch .5, BEFORE THERE WAS EVEN DUNGEONS OR RAIDS, than there is today.

I fell in love with this game back when biotechs were important for healing and reviving, dreadnoughts were great for taking point, recons were the best at taking out juggernauts, engis had buffs and point defense, and assaults were fast and dealt AoE damage.

Now? Everyone has self healing, everyone has AoE, everyone has some sort of tanking cool down, everyone has mobility cool downs, everyone has everything.

It's boring.
    Last edited by RoninaThorstone; 2015-09-29 at 12:25 PM.

I am waiting for them to decide what they want their game to be about.
    Fixed for you. I'm still terribly unclear about what the game is supposed to be. At this point given how little I've heard of it (haven't checked the site, primarily talking about external communication with media) I imagine they're heads down in the Chinese version and basically banking on that doing well : /

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shame. I really enjoyed the game when they added some defined roles to the frames as well. The first time I played with Bard on his bio while I played an engi and my abilities also provided shields felt really nice. At this point I'm not even sure where the revenue is coming from, but I hope they keep at it. There's a gem of a game in there somewhere.
    BAD WOLF