Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    SCOTUS only agreed that a tax was allowed (which was funny given Obama insisted it wasn't a tax), it rejected it was allowed under Interstate Commerce (which was what Obama said it was legal under), and rejected the Medicaid section outright. So, it was legal only because the Obama Administration lied that it wasn't a tax to the American people. Not really something to point to.
    Conclude the thought. Allow it to go through it's natural progression. What happened after all that occurred? His law stood.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    And the Republicans can say the exact same thing. Obama could have accepted the 1 year delay, which he already gave big business the fucking hypocrite.
    Totally different things. Republicans whined and businesses said that it would hurt the economy if they didn't get more time to prepare, so Obama is giving them more time to prepare.

For individuals though there isn't the same job-impact of the mandate as there is for businesses. Furthermore, the individual mandate is the backbone of the system: getting more people in pays for everything else. Taking out the individual mandate is just making sure it will fail. It also means we'll have the same fight next year. These are the intent of the GOP. It has NOTHING to do with "fairness". That's just a talking point they are using. Comparing the business to individual mandate is apples and oranges. And the thing about Congress getting special exceptions like they keep claiming is just an out-and-out lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the Republicans can say the exact same thing. Obama could have accepted the 1 year delay, which he already gave big business the fucking hypocrite.
    Why would he let the Reps sabotage a law that's been passed, signed and even found constitutional like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Thanks for putting into words so eloquently all that needs to be said.
    Too bad some of us aren't easily persuaded.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Govt is equivalent to a heroin junkie?
    When it comes to spending money? In many ways yes. They always seem to need more, and it would kill them to cut them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    When it comes to spending money? In many ways yes. They always seem to need more, and it would kill them to cut them off.
    And this is true of "fiscally responsible" Republicans as much as "tax and spend" Democrats. Same shit different packaging.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are exactly right, both side play this game constantly. It is always the other sides fault. I really love when both side say... The American people this or that. Like 350 million people just suddenly came to their defense. People are need to stop believing what either side has to say, because they constantly talk out of their butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I really doubt the law will fail and take the fine? Lol wat? Sorry but I think you're nuts. Go eat some fish would ya.
    Same as the election when I ran in, and as I recall context was everything there too. That wasn't what I said. I said and stand to the thought that most people will just defy the law, and already are. The Law can't work unless people get in the exchanges, and most people from what I understand refuse to.

Fortunately for me I already had a exemption on religious grounds. So you can all play with the law imho.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Conclude the thought. Allow it to go through it's natural progression. What happened after all that occurred? His law stood.
    Is calling it "his" law a point of pride, or something? He didn't write it, Karen Ignani did. She had him by the balls, which is why there was no public option, and why the individual mandate was added as a concession for universal coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    Believe he was referring to these people need more hours/pay to cover the cost of the insurance they are now forced to purchase. Part time, even 30 hr a wk full time people are going to have a hard time coming up with even their small portion of these subsidized plan. If they could not afford the healthcare yesterday, they are going to have even more difficulties coming up with the cash to buy insurance or pay the fine every year. hell even this morning on CNN it was stated this bill that was designed to cover 30 million is going to be lucky to cover 11 million people. I am sure the guy was just pulling a number out of his head, but if what he stated to be the truth. We are still going to be having 19 million still doing the emergency room dance. This bill still does not cover the addition 14 million of the original 44 million that media have been talking about forever.

Thats a valid concern, and one I worry about myself.(since I am trying to get my own place)

But from kaiser health news

"Depending on your income, you might be eligible for Medicaid, the state-federal program for the poor and disabled, which will be expanded sharply beginning in 2014. Low-income adults, including those without children, will be eligible, as long as their incomes didn't exceed 133 percent of the federal poverty level, or $14,404 for individuals and $29,326 for a family of four, according to current poverty guidelines."

and

"You might be eligible for government subsidies to help you pay for private insurance that would be sold in the new state-based insurance marketplaces, called exchanges, slated to begin operation in 2014.

Premium subsidies will be available for individuals and families with incomes between 133 percent and 400 percent of the poverty level, or $14,404 to $43,320 for individuals and $29,326 to $88,200 for a family of four.

The subsidies will be on a sliding scale. For example, a family of four earning 150 percent of the poverty level, or $33,075 a year, will have to pay 4 percent of its income, or $1,323, on premiums. A family with income of 400 percent of the poverty level will have to pay 9.5 percent, or $8,379.

In addition, if your income is below 400 percent of the poverty level, your out-of-pocket health expenses will be limited."

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Is calling it "his" law a point of pride, or something? He didn't write it, Karen Ignani did. She had him by the balls, which is why there was no public option, and why the individual mandate was added as a concession for universal coverage.
    It would be just as accurate to call it the Heritage Foundation's law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Same as the election when I ran in, and as I recall context was everything there too. That wasn't what I said. I said and stand to the thought that most people will just defy the law, and already are. The Law can't work unless people get in the exchanges, and most people from what I understand refuse to.

Fortunately for me I already had a exemption on religious grounds. So you can all play with the law imho.
    Then why is it Radicalicans(Radical Republicans Teehee) don't say "Hey let's do something else because ACA will fail because Blah blah boring stuff here" Instead of cockblocking this. I still don't see the point of this strategy, especially if this lasts a long time because it WILL affect me...eventually(I hope not but you never know).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I'm sorry, has it not been attributed to him, derisively, by conservatives since it's existence? I'm playing by their terms. When applicable I refer to it as the ACA

Why? why would he need to compromise on Law of the Land? All the fighting been done when the law was passed, signed, and then declared constitutional. There is no room for compromise, there is no need for compromise. Only dickarry creating this problem now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats in the senate are the ones voting No to a budget so they are solely responsible for why the government is shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Democrats in the senate are the ones voting No to a budget so they are solely responsible for why the government is shut down.
    This isn't even a tiny bit true.

I'm sorry, has it not been attributed to him, derisively, by conservatives since it's existence? I'm playing by their terms. When applicable I refer to it as the ACA
    I call it Obamacare and when it becomes successful and popular and Republicans try their hardest to change it back to being referred to as the ACA, I'll especially then call it Obamacare to rub it in their faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    PART of his law stood, based on the fact the Obama Administration lied and it was in fact a tax. And how it passed legal muster is perhaps the scariest thing of all...

Obamacare is the term that works. Most people probably think the ACA is agency of the government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    And this is true of "fiscally responsible" Republicans as much as "tax and spend" Democrats. Same shit different packaging.
    Didn't say it wasn't.