Deleted

Red face Ciphers problems! 6 are too much lol

Not sure how to call them in english: the numbers or digits or ciphers that form an entire number. Let's see an average critical damage example from all expanions.

Vanilla: 1.000
    The Burning Crusade: 5.000
    Wrath of the Lich King: 15.000
    Cataclysm: 50.000
    Mists of Pandaria: 100k + !! 6 ciphers!

The same problem is also about health: with cataclysm we have reached the K symbol because of the enormous amount of health (Stamina had been scandalously pimped up). It was much better with like 25.376 as was in wotlk.

X X X X X X numbers are too much I think. It is much better for the interface and for the human perception.
    Think also about the future: should we see one day 7 ciphers?? Million damage?? I hope not really, quite & cute numbers are much more lovely.

So for the next expansion I think we should all have a debuff (example: "Oblivion of N'Zoth") which reduces all attributes by 99%

It will be averagely like:
    HP from 500k hp to 5.000
    DMG crit from 200k to 2.000

Let's go back to the weak times!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i won't call it weak times, we probably hit like 500 then and thats 1/4 of someone's health, that's still big =p
    But i agree, i dislike the massive amounts of numbers aswell, and i hope we will go below 100k again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    So for the next expansion I think we should all have a debuff (example: "Oblivion of N'Zoth") which reduces all attributes by 99%
    No. You never heard of the previous to MoP considered and then again scrapped and by now pretty certain item squish, I guess?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    No. You never heard of the previous to MoP considered and then again scrapped and by now pretty certain item squish, I guess?
    Items will be ok, because they will be automatically reduced by 99% for the benefits they give.

Blizz have said the item squish is going to happen very soon and I agree with you it's the right thing to do.

Numbers lose meaning at a certain level and it's hard to tell the difference between hits

Deleted
    Well for me it doesn't matter a lot. As long as the content is scaled the way it is now (so you can still solo old content like now).
    Smaller numbers just make things more clear and less work for the CPU to process those numbers. For reading purposes I can just use the multiplication prefix and it doesn't really matter whether i crit for 100k, 100M or 100G damage.

The only thing that is present in WoW now - adding more and more raid difficulties, which is accelerating item level inflation and number explosion. Back in the BC days Karazhan (T4) dropped item level 115-125 loot, Tier5 had 128-141, Tier6 had 141-159. From the first boss in Tier4 to last boss in Tier6,5 there was just 50 item levels of difference. Now due to presence of LFR, Flexible and Heroic this gap is almost as big between just one tier and subsequent one. We started out with 489 gear in MSV, finishing up at 580 heroic warforged in SoO, and it's still not sure whether it's the best loot we get in this expac or will there be a filler raid with even more ridiculous items. That's almost twice as many item levels span inside one expansion, as in TBC. And ILvL is increasing returns function already - doubling the ilvl range triples or quadruples the actual stat ramp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    and i hope we will go below 100k again.
    I think it would be funny if Blizzard would bring everything down to Vanilla Levels.
    600 crits go!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I think it would be funny if Blizzard would bring everything down to Vanilla Levels.
    600 crits go!
    It will be awesome!