Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    In single players game and small games you just play to enjoy or explore/discover, information is not a concern because you have no reason to break the sense of exploration and discovery for yourself. One of the problems with MMOs however, is the need to be on top. That you compete to be the best. And when people is willing to crunch numbers until they find a tiny extra amount of DPS, you can be damn sure they're willing to read everything before they experience it so they can maximize their efficiency and thereby be better than others who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle View Post
    I would hardly call EVE online an "innovative" MMORPG. It's probably the most slow paced, banal spreadsheet viewing software I've ever used.
    The innovative part of EVE I find is the economic system it applies. A big one is the fact that their "AH" is based on region, meaning that the place you post your items to sell is the same place others have to come to buy and retrieve. That and allowing even the beginning materials to have use throughout the game, instead of most MMOs where copper becomes worthless because everyone has surpassed its use.