[BrM] Solo tank Immerseus? (10 Normal)

Is this doable? Seems like it should be feasible with outside cooldowns. Any advice?

Deleted
    Yes there is no reason why it wouldn't be. Spec into diffuse magic and you will be able to soak a 2nd stack of debuff in atleast 3 phases. (diffuse magic - zen med - diffuse magic). However if you have some proper dps you might even only have 1 debuff thrown out even in the first phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll have to stretch out the intermissions by keeping an add CCed/alive to avoid going above 2 stacks.

I did it and it always fell off in LFR (not that it kills you anyway with no CD). The add phase is not short. Slowing dps on the boss might also work.

It's not really worthwhile though IMHO, as you can't really speed up the kill on Immerseus by much. Since he splits the same number of times, and the animations for splitting and reforming, etc. always are the same speed.

You're right. The point is that my guild's off tank won't be on for the first 30 minutes of the raid so killing a boss will be a much better alternative to doing nothing.

It's not only doable, it's also easy.

Lust on pull (as usual) and you should only get 1 stack. If you somehow need to survive a second cast just pop zenmed.

Every other phase consists only of 1 breath, so your stacks will reset.

Also 2nd boss can be one-tanked as well. No point on doing so if you have 2 tanks, but if your offtank is not online that's also better than waiting

Yes, very easy if you have the DPS required for it. - We essentially solo tanked heroic this reset due to our other tank dying early on from something and BR was already used.

You could use Guard for the first one (doesn't hit hard), Diffuse Magic for the second, Zen Meditation or Guard Spirit / Cloak for the third (assuming you get three - we only get 2 at the most on heroic).

If you want to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfjkiS-3KFg
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Is this doable? Seems like it should be feasible with outside cooldowns. Any advice?
    One of your aces as a brewmaster is that you can deal with timed high damage hits very easily. You can DH, diffuse, zen med or glyph guard+fort brew or even cloak it. I one tank it for fun and it's worked out fine every week, but like someone said above you can't really speed the kill up with more dps so its really a pointless thing to do.
    Last edited by mmoc1b385c8656; 2013-09-28 at 01:58 PM.

Easily doable, even tho we always go 2 tanks i end up being the only one tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by hpa View Post
    Easily doable, even tho we always go 2 tanks i end up being the only one tanking.
    Pretty much this. Our paladin tank hits like a wet noodle (his own words).

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be doable. I know that Norushen is doable if others help soak and you stay on 75% corruption since I've had to solo tank him after our Warrior tank died twice attempting the test.