View Poll Results: Will you continue subscription?

Voters
445. This poll is closed
  • Yes

217 48.76%
  • No

228 51.24%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    it looks like this game isn't worth too...

I will. Unlike the people who finished everything this game had to offer in the first 2 weeks I have a job and other commitments in real life so there's still plenty for me to do and see after a month. I'm looking forward to 24 mans, pvp and the addition of new classes.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    I will. Unlike the people who finished everything this game had to offer in the first 2 weeks I have a job and other commitments in real life so there's still plenty for me to do and see after a month. I'm looking forward to 24 mans, pvp and the addition of new classes.
    Hear, hear. Also.... HOOOOLLLY DIIIVAAAAHH.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Too much of the dialog is meaningless. I lost track of how many NPCs blathered on about their personal problems, which had absolutely nothing to do with you, the storyline, the surrounding area, or anything other than their own personal problems. This is something I felt should not have been added to quest NPCs. It adds a lot of unnecessary dialog.
    This is your opinion, there are a lot of people, especially in this particular IP who don't find it meaningless.

What they could have done was either 1. added a "skip" function or 2. have further chat options with the NPC after accepting the quest. I'm not quite sure why the latter wasn't implemented since you do appear to accept the quest with a brief description upon first talking to an NPC, but then you're forced to click through numerous dialog boxes before it'll truly accept.
    This definitely could have been better, some stuff you can skip, some you can't. For those that don't give a shit about the dialogue just let them skip it.

As I said, I usually read all quest text and talk to NPCs whether I have to or not, however, it does bother me when what they have to say is inconsequential to anything. Usually in single player RPGs talking to the NPCs gives you a feel of what's happening either with the overall storyline, the immediate area, how current events have affected the layperson, etc. As long as it's telling me something about the atmosphere it adds to immersion, but too many of the quest NPCs not part of the main story seemed to be lacking that but with just as much dialog to have to read.
    There is alot of filler but it is really hard to do this in an MMO though that uses traditional questing and has to provide alot of quests to keep players going.
    Im not white knighting FF14 on this topic because I think the questing in the game is far to obvious a timesink and could use alot of work in the variety department. However, I think some people are use to it with this IP and don't mind it.

I'm hanging around because I'm enjoying my character on both the killing and crafting side and I want to see what they bring into the game, housing ,new primal fights ect. Maybe they will evolve the questing to have some more variety as well, we will just have to see.

I'll be subbed for this month, but I'm not sure if I will continue to renew it after simply because the gear grind at end game is getting kind of tiresome. Having to do around 53 CM runs for a full set of Darklight gear is not my idea of fun. Oh, and it doesn't help that I still don't have the Ifrit staff after 31 runs (it only dropped on one and a freshly leveled BLM won it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    Yes. However seeing these poll results are scaring me a little bit..
    usually the most vocal people are those that are disgruntled, so I suspect a lot more "no" than "yes". Personally, I have only played a few hours as I have very, very limited time, but for me, it's one of the more polished mmo's that I've seen in recent years.

I am a very casual player as well, but I must say that I am considering making this my "go-back-to" mmo. I've really enjoyed it so far - I'm about level 10 :P

EDIT: note that I only started my sub about 15 days ago or so - couldn't buy it as I missed the first orders.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-10-04 at 03:15 PM.

No I won't. Not because I think the game is bad or anything. I think it's one of the better MMOs out there in the stage it's in. It just lacks content really.

Grinding one dungeon over and over got pretty damn stale after doing it for two weeks. I do like the raiding, but the way the server works with the game it was really starting to piss me off (Interrupts not working when bosses AREN'T stun immune etc) it felt a little clunky. I love it's theme and story/lore etc so I'll probably come back for 1.2 and see what's new. Just there isn't really a whole lot to do outside of raiding and the raiding wasn't even THAT enjoyable. Again it wasn't bad it just felt a little off.

More or less I couldn't find enough things to do or care enough about raiding to stick around. It's one of the better MMOs (excluding WoW) I've played in the past 5 years. I didn't feel screwed over like I did with swtor(Partially my fault for being too hyped lol). I'll jump back in with updates, but I don't see myself playing it consistently for years. Yes I still play WoW and I still enjoy the game for it's raid content/friend/guild. Which that and other games are holding my attention over FFXIV atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad to see so many people not wanting to sub, games just a little to popular. Need the bandwaggoners to GTFO already.

So far Ive seen "No endgame" and "No PvP" as the primary reasons for not wanting to sub. Definitely the types of players we don't need in a Final Fantasy game. These are the same people screaming in chat that they don't understand why you need to level certain secondary classes, even if its just to 30....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    Nobody finished this game or everything it has to offer in 2 weeks. There is far too much to do, even my Legacy friends are busy bee's and they arent even leveling classes. The problem is people dont want to be forced to do things, they prefer a la carte MMO's. I say pfffffffffffft on that nonsense.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2013-10-04 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Edit: Not trying to start a game vs game war

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    The problem is people dont want to be forced to do things, they prefer a la carte MMO's like GW2. I say pfffffffffffft on that nonsense.
    It's lovely that most defense of FFXIV come down to bashing other games. What does this throw away statement even mean? Nothing. It's also hilarious how you want people to quit paying for a game you enjoy. Please continue and let me know what your feelings are when they go F2P because the sub revenue isn't cutting it.

It's like people forget all common sense when they talk about this game. As someone who thoroughly enjoys the game, but can objectively understand it's not the second coming of the MMOMessiah, I'm getting really irritated at people unknowingly crusading for the game to fail.

'Yeah F you guys who enjoy other MMOs (which are crap) get out of my game and don't ever come back. And by the way, why are queues 4 hours long?! This is effing ridiculous Squeenix. You need to do something about this."
    BAD WOLF

Either have voice acting throughout the entire story or none at all. Just having small parts of it voiced makes the game look incomplete. I couldn't care less if side-quest npcs were just text bubbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It's lovely that most defense of FFXIV come down to bashing other games. What does this throw away statement even mean? Nothing. It's also hilarious how you want people to quit paying for a game you enjoy. Please continue and let me know what your feelings are when they go F2P because the sub revenue isn't cutting it.

It's like people forget all common sense when they talk about this game. As someone who thoroughly enjoys the game, but can objectively understand it's not the second coming of the MMOMessiah, I'm getting really irritated at people unknowingly crusading for the game to fail.

'Yeah F you guys who enjoy other MMOs (which are crap) get out of my game and don't ever come back. And by the way, why are queues 4 hours long?! This is effing ridiculous Squeenix. You need to do something about this."
    The game does not need WoW sub numbers to survive. You know that as well as I do. We have far too many people who said "fuck that game and its second release, it will fail as it has failed before". Oh my how the tables changed when people got a chance to take a look at it. Then we get flooded with last minute preorders fucking up the launch. You can blame that on SE all you like, but I blame bandwaggoners. Now those same bandwaggoners who completely refuse to play this game the way its designed are saying there isnt A and B so this game sucks and Im quitting. Now your going to say the true fans are the problem? Come the fuck on Kitty.....

And you know what, maybe smaller gaming communities is exactly what we need.

Edit: Not trying to start a game vs game war
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2013-10-04 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Quite sad that many people in this day and age basically can't live out voice acting.
    I don't think people in general need voice acting. It just doesn't scream high-quality in its current form: Some scenes have audible conversations, others don't - This can't possibly have been their intention. It's incomplete.

I also think (and yes, this is strictly subjective) that the story has little, to no depth. It mostly consists of shallow traveling without any character formation. You never create a bond with any of the characters. That's the quality you'd expect from a FF game. The kind of story that brings tears to your eyes with tears when Aeris dies.

I also think it was a huge mistake to make the story obligatory. Whether it's good or not, some people just don't feel like playing a 'single-player' before they can get into an MMO. GW2 did this much better in my opinion. The story had more depth and it wasn't compulsory.

Adding that disclaimer doesn't change the fact that you seem to be trying extremely hard to do the opposite.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-10-04 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't use generalization and inane assumptions, then tie it to your criticism of another game as a form of defense for whatever MMO you are currently playing. I also never claimed it needed WoW sub numbers. What he have is proof that no game has been successful at providing new content while maintaining a subscription outside of WoW and Eve. It's pretty naive and cliche to think *insert magical snowflake game* will be just fine with their lowly 300k subscribers...it's just not going to happen.

I didn't realize 'true fans' were deemed such because they told anyone with criticism to "GTFO already". Sounds more like someone who doesn't realize that a community needs actual people, not a miniature army of yes men.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    . It's pretty naive and cliche to think *insert magical snowflake game* will be just fine with their lowly 300k subscribers...it's just not going to happen.

XI still holds 500,000 subscribers and it's older than WoW. Your logic is flawed.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

Adding that disclaimer doesn't change the fact that you seem to be trying extremely hard to do the opposite.
    I was removing the reference to the specific game that got Kitty's panties in a wad. Therefore, I was attempting to remove what had inadvertently started a game vs game argument. But thanks for playing!

I didn't realize 'true fans' were deemed such because they told anyone with criticism to "GTFO already". Sounds more like someone who doesn't realize that a community needs actual people, not a miniature army of yes men.
    I didnt realize that telling someone "if you don't like the game don't play" was no longer a viable response to the same ole complaints we hear about every game. I guess thats just reserved for people like you Kitty?

Out of curiosity, this aught to be good given your responses so far, what generalizations and inane assumptions have I been making? Certainly someone claiming there is no end game and nothing left to do once you hit 50 is correct... Especially when they do not know why you need to level secondary professions... No one claimed ARR was a la carte. Now who is making assumptions?

Deleted
    yes men.
    Hey that was a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    XI still holds 500,000 subscribers and it's older than WoW. Your logic is flawed.
    According to MMOData FFXI had 550.000 subs at its peak, that's ~12 times less than WoW at its all-time low (A useful comparison for the frame of reference of relative success). The base of subscibers dropped to roughly 30.000 quite some time ago, so I wonder where you got the idea it still has half a million subs. FFXIV doesn't even have that quantity of reccuring payments.

Anyway, why are you so defensive? It's as if someone here provided critique of your persona, rather than a silly game. "Your logic is flawed" "You people pro-wow" "fake accounts to vote against"

Geez, it's like conversing with a 9gag meme. Relax already.

I was removing the reference to the specific game that got Kitty's panties in a wad. Therefore, I was attempting to remove what had inadvertently started a game vs game argument. But thanks for playing!
    Quite frankly, kitty's panties seem perfectly fine. He's been eloquent and polite in his replies. He hasn't shown any sign of hostilty (unlike those who quoted him) and he has made some very clear points regarding the game. My analysis? He's starting to make sense and 'some' don't like that. They interpret it as a personal attack and seek shelter behind a defensive and (passive)aggressive attitude.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-10-05 at 12:18 AM.

Nope. It just makes me think you could use a dose of maturity and probably should work on reigning in the insults before you post further. You've got backpedaling and moving goalposts down 100%, so just move on to the etiquette section of the posting manual and it will be smooth sailing.

So let's rewind, since you want to dance semantics and act like you didn't just say what I quoted you k? The point was that you just attacked someone for expressing a valid opinion just because you disagree with them. You started off with the classic 'no offense' which believe it or not is actually not a license to be offensive.

You specifically avoided responding to the point of my post, which was to call you out on saying it's someone else's problem that they don't like clicking through text. I admit that being FF, it leans heavy on the RPG part of MMORPG, but it's going to turn off a lot of players. I think it is great, but it's paced horribly. As someone who enjoys the game, you shouldn't be asking for it to put off more players just so you can be surrounded by yes men.

That's what leads to F2P, people like you bailing on the game, and moving on to the next thing you defend by insulting people and then trash when it isn't convenient. Yes, this post is filled with assumptions. Feel free to say I'm wrong. It won't change what I believe, so think about that before wasting too much effort responding.
    You should look up a few of my older posts if you think that was me attacking someone, I would usually just call someone an idiot. Glad you were there to be the mighty hero though.

Your post was saying you know better then I do what I typed, I pretty much addressed that.

Arguing against people wanting a core mechanic in a game changed thats been the same for quite a while is yes men, Alllrighty then.

Anyways your just looking for a fight, so shhhhh daddys trying to post on the forum without you following me around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt realize that telling someone "if you don't like the game don't play" was no longer a viable response to the same ole complaints we hear about every game. I guess thats just reserved for people like you Kitty?
    I'm sorry, could you please point out by quoting yourself where you said that? All I saw was you generalizing other people and then bashing another MMO.
    BAD WOLF

Then don't use generalization and inane assumptions, then tie it to your criticism of another game as a form of defense for whatever MMO you are currently playing. I also never claimed it needed WoW sub numbers. What he have is proof that no game has been successful at providing new content while maintaining a subscription outside of WoW and Eve. It's pretty naive and cliche to think *insert magical snowflake game* will be just fine with their lowly 300k subscribers...it's just not going to happen.

My criticism is that I wish all humes were pink flying ponies, are you gonna support me now and argue with the majority that think thats a bad idea?

Sound stupid? Yea... But that is exactly what you are doing, the majority like the story telling, a few don't care for it, then you have you..

YOU DISAGREED WITH THEM? YOU DON'T DESERVE TO POST. ALL YOUR OPINIONS ARE MEANINGLESS.

I don't care how you try to wrap it, that is EXACTLY what you are doing.

There are two damn sides to the fence, we wont give a shit about yours if you keep acting like a smug to everything anyone who disagrees with your side says.
    Last edited by Ravex; 2013-10-05 at 12:23 AM.