Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    One of the problems is that after youve joined an in progress run, for example starting at the 4th boss, when you re-queue for a fresh afterwards you tend to leave once the 3rd is dead as the fourth is already worthless for you - which in turns creates space for other people to then join a partial run. blizz need to find a way to encourage people to stay on and kill the bosses they've already done, and the 45 valor certainly isnt enough. Perhaps having bosses youve already looted always drop a fail bag so there is atleast something to get from killing it again.

    As many have already said, it seems the majority of 'raiders' are doing flex now instead of LFR, which is possibly causing a harder time than usual for whoever is left due to the increased percentage of 'newbs'. Right now its difficult to tell wether this is due to a decreased amount of skilled players carrying the others, or purely down to the new tier/content difficulty and not knowing the tacs. I could be wrong but im pretty sure blizz said somewhere that if it turns out to be down to the lower skill level rather than content difficulty, they would considder lowering lfr to serve its purpose for those actually doing it properly, rather than to the level it currently is where raiders are boosting.

    In other words, if all the raiders stop doing lfr and focus on flex/normal/hcs, and lfr is left to its intended audience things would be balanced out. but right now we are in the no-mans land because we dont have the data yet to see what is actually going on

  2. #202
    Tanked SoS LFR wing 2 to speed up que for two guildy alts. Que join group at dark shamans. Kewl, finish run reque. dark shamans again... leave que, wait half an hour, reque General Nazgrim lol.

    I know blizzard is having an issue filling tank spots for partially complete runs but seriously why would any tank redo bosses they don't need when there is nothing in it for them.

  3. #203
    So you want the less skilled people who does lfr instead of flex/normal to join your even harder groups "flex/norm"? eh you're kinda speaking against yourself.

    To explain my reasoning. you get in halfway cuz majority already killed nazgrim in this case cuz less skilled people wiped over and over so newqueueing ppl got into last boss then requeues, gets in at prior boss to it> leaves. rince and repeat
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-09-30 at 10:50 AM.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by dodonpachi View Post
    Tanked SoS LFR wing 2 to speed up que for two guildy alts. Que join group at dark shamans. Kewl, finish run reque. dark shamans again... leave que, wait half an hour, reque General Nazgrim lol.

    I know blizzard is having an issue filling tank spots for partially complete runs but seriously why would any tank redo bosses they don't need when there is nothing in it for them.
    Apparently you should get given priority for a fresh run. Similar shit happens since t14 afaik.

  5. #205
    Dreadlord Ninaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've had both good and terrible experiences in SoO LFR, and it's only been 2 weeks.

    Worst problem is the tank shortage. Seriously people, roll more fucking tanks.

    Sigh, I need to hurry up and swap mains to my blood DK.
    I think the tank shortage has to do with the Timeless Isle right now. It's easier to run around as a DPS on there, so there are more DPS around right now than normal.

    Personally, I'm afraid of tanking LFR. Not only is my gear kinda meh for it, but I also have no experience in the raid. I'd only tank after going through Flex 2-3 times so I'm sure I know what I'm doing before going into the raid with complete strangers. (People flaming me are scary ;w; )

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    ----when LFR is challenging people complain that they are wiping too much
    ----when LFR is too easy it's "free" loot and should be removed

    ...what?
    That is what I'm seeing. And timeless isle fasttracking fresh 90s to end expansion raid in an hour... when it is their 6th 90 that they don't really know how to play? Yeah, it happens. Really, this is sort of what I experienced in the other tier patches the first few weeks. Awesome groups and piss groups.

  7. #207
    Personally I'd like to see LFR done in a flex style. orginally require 10 people to start it, and as more join (with appropriate heals/tanks, etc) then the difficulty scales.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    The same thing happened at the beginning of 5.2.
    And they fixed it by nerfing elements of the problem encounters. Expect similar nerfs for SoO LFR.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  9. #209
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Translation: "I had a bad time in a LFR group and had to wait for a long time, remove it now."
    Did I get this right?
    Spot on.
    10chars
    #SaveKarabor2014
    #SaveBladespire2014

  10. #210
    It's not different from T14 LFR (I didn't experience T15 LFR at release). I guess players rather find some bullshit excuse, like Flex is ruining LFR, than look at themselves. Maybe being prepared instead of always counting on others to do things for you is a good thing afterall?

    Or how do you like this? If you don't like LFR then don't do LFR. You are not being forced to do it.

    Maybe now Blizzard will finally learn that nerfing content to nothing is not helping either just like making content hard and thinking that people will rise to the occasion doesn't work. People should play a videogame because they like it not because they are addicted to getting their shiny epics or feel they need to do content because it is so rewarding (tier sets, trinkets, legendary). And putting so many random players together isn't a good idea either.

    I think that this form of LFR isn't going to be used again in a new MMO. Way too many complaints, even if they are ungrounded.

    Flex on the other hand is much better because they let the players have the control. Even if you don't have time to schedule, in the future you will see tons of groups forming and you will be able to just pick one which suits you without much scheduling. I'm pretty sure Blizzard will add an OpenRaid or oQueue like feature in the near future which will be the improved and much better LFG tool. And that combined with Connected Realms and cross-realm...
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-09-30 at 01:47 PM.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    Yes, because someone suggesting something for the game is always butthurt. Makes sense.
    It's not suggesting anything for the game. The people who like it can do it, and the people who don't like it don't have to. What you're suggesting is to remove something simply because you don't like it.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    LFR has always been the same. It's just now there is an actual challenge, tanking is thankless and rather boring, thus there is no tanks wanting to queue Into the armpit of society.
    The tanks we had in my LFR Wing 2 last night were getting utterly DESTROYED by people in raid chat. I can certainly see why tanks no longer wish to queue for the benefit of being harassed nonstop for however long the run takes.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And they fixed it by nerfing elements of the problem encounters. Expect similar nerfs for SoO LFR.
    Now all encounters are "problem" encounters.

  14. #214
    The only problems I've had in LFR so far is filling the raid. Sometimes we wait on a tank; sometimes a healer. Other then that it's been pretty painless as far as boss fights go.

    I think the main problem is people are very impatient. When there is one wipe they leave and it could take a while before that spot is filled. People need to understand that the content is new and they need to chill out.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Now all encounters are "problem" encounters.
    That's not true at all.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Agzarah View Post
    One of the problems is that after youve joined an in progress run, for example starting at the 4th boss, when you re-queue for a fresh afterwards you tend to leave once the 3rd is dead as the fourth is already worthless for you - which in turns creates space for other people to then join a partial run. blizz need to find a way to encourage people to stay on and kill the bosses they've already done, and the 45 valor certainly isnt enough. Perhaps having bosses youve already looted always drop a fail bag so there is atleast something to get from killing it again.

    As many have already said, it seems the majority of 'raiders' are doing flex now instead of LFR, which is possibly causing a harder time than usual for whoever is left due to the increased percentage of 'newbs'. Right now its difficult to tell wether this is due to a decreased amount of skilled players carrying the others, or purely down to the new tier/content difficulty and not knowing the tacs. I could be wrong but im pretty sure blizz said somewhere that if it turns out to be down to the lower skill level rather than content difficulty, they would considder lowering lfr to serve its purpose for those actually doing it properly, rather than to the level it currently is where raiders are boosting.

    In other words, if all the raiders stop doing lfr and focus on flex/normal/hcs, and lfr is left to its intended audience things would be balanced out. but right now we are in the no-mans land because we dont have the data yet to see what is actually going on
    They already said that the wipe count and failure and success rates are similar to other tiers. People just rather blame something else than themselves.

    If they would tune LFR to having no wipes at all in the first few weeks then at the end of the tier LFR is even more boring. There are also plenty of players who avoid LFR in these weeks and wait for people to understand the mechanics of the fights because we all know only a minority joins LFR prepared. These players are also not appreciated enough so you will see less and less of them (the ones who explain tactics and mark).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That's not true at all.
    That's why I used quotation marks. (it was sarcastic)

    I've had groups with 3 stacks of determination on Immersieus. I've had a group one shotting everything. There are no problem encounters in the first two wings. Why do you think there are problem encounters?

  17. #217
    Let's be really honest here, lfr is failed content for end game for many of the players. The problem is that it's the only content and there is nothing else out there for people to be doing. You have people running this that really do not want to be there and that's a problem. Blizzard needs to figure out a way to add more content and it needs to be content more people can enjoy then just the raiding community, who are a minority.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    Let's be really honest here, lfr is failed content for end game for many of the players. The problem is that it's the only content and there is nothing else out there for people to be doing. You have people running this that really do not want to be there and that's a problem. Blizzard needs to figure out a way to add more content and it needs to be content more people can enjoy then just the raiding community, who are a minority.
    Who does not want to be there?

    Normal/Heroic raiders wanting to get all the possible gear upgrades? They should not be there as LFR is not for them. Its optional (some guilds make it mandatory but unless you are bleeding edge progression LFR should not be needed).

    LFR is aimed at people who cannot get into raiding full stop. These might be people with no time to do raiding at the times that most guilds operate or people who flat out refuse to do it, and some who are simply not good enough. LFR works for these people. I do LFR as I don't want to go back to scheduled raiding with a guild as my time is random at best. Flex is worth a shot for me and I will give it a go at some point.

  19. #219
    Field Marshal Chaoss17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Translation: "I had a bad time in a LFR group and had to wait for a long time, remove it now."
    Did I get this right?
    Yup, you resumed it right.

  20. #220
    The only reason LFR "worked" is because there were a lot of decent players who felt forced to play it for a variety of reasons, and they carried all the baddies.

    Now with a huge chunk of those players no longer feel forced to play it, and as such LFR has lost a ton of the players who were carrying the dead weight and now it's just the dead weight.

    This is just how it has to be though, it's bad design to force people to do something they don't like because others can't cut it.

    They can and will just nerf LFR even more until it's basically impossible to fail at.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •