Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    There MUST be another tier or at least a filler raid between now and next xpac because I dont want another ICC
    Just because you want it, does not mean it will happen.

They have already stated there will be a pre-expansion event. There could be a new raid in that, However it is extremely unlikely that it will be another tier, As it is generally 3 tiers of raids per expansion. Only vanilla, and WOTLK broke this with additional filler raids. The best you can hope for is a single boss event, like Ony, RS, OS, Malygos, with gear on the same level as SoO

I hope - Blizzcon, since it's so epic when they announce it and everyone makes some noise! Now imagine if we didn't knew what the expansion was for reals! Since you know... we did know every single announcement before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Just because you want it, does not mean it will happen.

They have already stated there will be a pre-expansion event. There could be a new raid in that, However it is extremely unlikely that it will be another tier, As it is generally 3 tiers of raids per expansion. Only vanilla, and WOTLK broke this with additional filler raids. The best you can hope for is a single boss event, like Ony, RS, OS, Malygos, with gear on the same level as SoO
    RS was so poorly executed and received a cold welcome so I doubt they'll do that again unless they are sure they've got a homerun with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    There MUST be another tier or at least a filler raid between now and next xpac because I dont want another ICC
    Why it has to be a boring raid?

there will likely be a 5.5 with a world event, im thinking since they know we really like world events that they are going to make this one bigger than usual and have a whole daily hub/timeless isle type thing surrounding it, maybe some valor gear to incentivise the lfr crowd, and of course a couple limited time items. hopefully a nice chunk of lore that leads us into the next expansion.

you know what i think would be really cool? a mount. weve had tabard twice, a transformation item, a ghost "pet" and plenty of toys but no mounts.

a cool mount you can only get during the pre event would be pretty cool, maybe the storm crow or something.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Because ya know... We didn't have 10.5 months of DS?

http://wowpedia.org/Patch_4.3.0

http://wowpedia.org/Mists_of_pandaria

Announcement at Blizzcon 2013, but we'll probably have as long of a wait this time around as we did between Cataclysm and Mists. I see Siege lasting a bit longer than DS though. Plenty of time for alts etc and build up for the next expac. Release June-July 2014.
    WoW expansions usually release around or at winter. I'm putting my money on September next year. The rule of a wow expansion release date is take a good guess then add 3 months.

I also bet that with the reveal of the next expansion they will be releasing another annual pass to trap players in the game for the next year.

May as well get ready for 8 months of SoO because that's what's gonna happen :\

First day of Blizzcon obviously. It better be ready for beta testing soon, because otherwise we're going to get another yearly ICC flop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't why people call the ICC duration a bad thing. I actually never got tired of it, have "The light of dawn" on 2 toons, and kingslayer on another 8 toons... ran ICC on average 2 to 3 times per week (guild raids, friend raids, and GDKP runs our guild hosted).. if the raid is well designed, packed enough (ToC would be a bad thing to run for a whole year), but not over the top (ulduar would have become a guild killer within a year).

On-Topic! Given where we are in the expack and patch cycle, blizzcon makes the most sense chronologically.