Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Stop making new expansion =/= shutting down the servers.
    Not producing new content will clear the game of all PvE players, and the PvP isn't good enough to keep it alive after. The game would turn into 100k player ghost town like all the MMOs of yesteryears are now.

16 years? really? lol

Anything can happen in 16 years in this industry. Blizzard may not even exist by then, and facebook will become deadbook if it doesn't change.
    This is internet, if you stop innovation today, you will be dead tomorrow.
    EverQuest is 15 years old now and expansion #20 comes out this year so it's pretty safe bet that WoW which was 25 times more popular game than EQ will be up after 15 years too, most likely much much longer.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The biggest moron will be the one who spends more resource on a 10 year old dead game, and doesn't invest or R&D for more profitable future market.
    WoW won't be a dead game when it's 10 years old though, and thus your entire premise falls down.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    WoW won't be a dead game when it's 10 years old though, and thus your entire premise falls down.
    Everquest 1 is still getting updates.

WoW will be just fine for another 10 years.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    16 years? really? lol

Get some facts first: Google is a 15 year old company. Facebook is 9 year old. Twitter is 7 year old.
    Microsft is not too old either, 38 years. But how much of its business has already been taken by those said companies?

Nokia was the world's leader like what, 3-5 years ago? And where is it now?

Leading the everchanging gaming, internet, entertainment industry by stucking at the same game for another 16 years? Are you kidding me and expect blizzard's consumers and competitors to be morons?

Anything can happen in 16 years in this industry. Blizzard may not even exist by then, and facebook will become deadbook if it doesn't change.
    This is internet, if you stop innovation today, you will be dead tomorrow.
    Firstly I never claimed that WoW would be "in the lead" or that it would be in the same format as it is now - just that it would in some form exist. Secondly the Internet as it exists today is really too young for us to judge how long things are capable of lasting on it. However it is a fact that video game franchises can continue on for a very long time, so I don't see any reason to think WoW will be suddenly disappearing. 10-15ish years more of WoW seems like a good bet to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    No offence but whenever I see somebody say "I think 100 would be a good place to stop" I immediately hit my head on my desk, especially considering it's highly likely 100 will be next expac given the heirloom weapons.

Anyway when I saw the "cataclysm style expansion" I already lost hope in the first idea, no offence.

There's tons Blizzard have left to do.

-South Seas/Emerald Dream
    -Burning legion (potential for a LOT of expacs here)
    -Sylvanas
    -Lich King revisited
    -Any of the 1000s of worlds in the Warcraft universe that we haven't visited yet
    -The other side of Azeroth
    -Titans "home world"
    I think you have hit your head quite too often, why would Blizzard make a decision to go from 10 levels each expansion to go to 5 per xpac, to suddenly change direction and go 10 levels per xpac again? And revisiting Lich King with a declining game isn't the best idea either... I hope Blizzard has some more brains then you, no offence

I'm pretty positive they're going to make 95, then 100. It makes the most sense, the most money.. Those Heirloom weapons that Garrosh drops? Maybe level 100 is just a PLACEHOLDER.

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    I think you have hit your head quite too often, why would Blizzard make a decision to go from 10 levels each expansion to go to 5 per xpac, to suddenly change direction and go 10 levels per xpac again? And revisiting Lich King with a declining game isn't the best idea either... I hope Blizzard has some more brains then you, no offence
    Because the heirloom weapons from SoO make a lot more sense, I get the feeling they didn't like the 5 level increments and how they played out and didn't want to get stuck on a X5 max level.

I have no idea what your second point means at all, The Lich King is one of the largest themes in WoW since Warcraft 3 and at some point Bolvar will probably go mental.

Oh and no, I don't take offence to people making personal insults without backing up their opinion, it says more about them than me usually

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I'm pretty positive they're going to make 95, then 100. It makes the most sense, the most money.. Those Heirloom weapons that Garrosh drops? Maybe level 100 is just a PLACEHOLDER.
    How does going from 90-95 and 95-100 make more money than 90-100 and 100-110?
    Last edited by wych; 2013-09-29 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I'm pretty positive they're going to make 95, then 100. It makes the most sense, the most money..
    Duh... 90-100 and 100-110 would make just as much money...
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of zones i think there is couple of place where we can come with visit.

-Argus (Legion capital world) and Xoroth.

-Nazjatar and other underwater Naga lands (im not big fan of that, but still it got alot of lore potential)

-South Seas Islands

-Azeroth Underground (Spider Kingdom concept is great, hope blizz will create something like that).

I know that I have been uninformed on a lot of topics. I have recently returned from a hiatus from WoW. I was unaware that Titan had been pushed back, and of some of the stuff the blues had said. I suggested that 100 would be a good stopping point for leveling not because I thought WoW wouldn't last longer than 4 years though. I suggested it because if I wanted to make a Tauren Runemaster 5 years down the road I do not want to have to sit through the daunting task of level through 135 levels of content. That would put off many new players also. Honestly a prestige system is probably the best way to go to avert this, as much as many of you will hate me for that opinion. I would like to hear the reasons to not have one though, I originally made this topic to attempt to get reacquainted with the current and future lore of WoW. You guys have actually done a very good job so far, and helped me out.

OT: Since the Infinite Dragonflight may still be active, I think an expansion mostly or completely oriented to them would be a lot of fun. Blizzard could use it as a way of taking players back to vanilla and older expansions. Put us in dungeons and raids fighting Illidan, Arthas, and Onyxia again. I think it would be a great way to reuse old lore that many players love so much. It would be very nostalgic too.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewyanek View Post
    This dream has to end?
    We will always have our dreams, young one.

/me gives a heartening speech about kicking Queen Azshara's ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    Leveling wise, I think 100 would be a good place to stop at, however, this only leaves 2 more expansions for World of Warcraft.
    Nothing is stopping Blizzard from going to lvl 120, which leaves plenty of expansions for the future. Well, I guess when they got less than a million players they won't be so eager to release more expansions. But I honestly don't think it's a good idea to throw in all loose ends into one expansion. That's just horrible.

And Blizzard won't EVER let us fight Sargeras I think, it would just end the franchise and I'm sure they will want to milk it further in the future. Even if WoW is dead they could always make new games in the Warcraft universe, heck maybe we'd even see Warcraft 4 finally.

Basically, I think your idea is horrible.

Why do people think the end of WoW means the end of the Warcraft storyline? World of Warcraft can end completely on good terms while Blizzard extends the story/characters to other platforms and/or WoW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    Azeroth Revisited: There are a lot of loose threads that Blizzard will probably deal with at some point. I see them all fitting together into a Cataclysm-style expansion quiet nicely.
    -Redesigned Azeroth (may be a bit quick right after Cata and Mists, but at some point)
    -Address Bolvar Fordragon and his possible new Scourge
    -Finish business in the oceans: Queen Azshara, the imprisoned Neptulon, Kul Tiras
    -Address some active characters: Kel'Thuzard, Maiev Shadowsong, Magatha Grimetotem, Thrall, etc.
    -Finally defeat Xavius and N'Zoth for good. Could be done in the Emerald Dream, since a lot of players are hoping to revisit that.
    -Could handle a possible 5th Old God. Different sources say there are five, we could deal with another one at some point.
    -The Guardians of Tirisfal have also yet to be added to the game.

The Burning Legion: Not a whole lot to say for this one.
    -Sargeras, Kil'Jaden, and many of their lieutenants are still very alive and active.
    -Argus, Xoroth, the rest of Draenor, and other worlds could be used.
    -General Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner are still missing.

The Titans: we know the Titans will return at some point but when?
    -After Algalon, will they be friend or foe?
    -Bolvar & the new Scourge can be an expansion all on it's own with Azjol-Nerub visited.
    -Queen Azshara & The South Seas are an expansion all on their own
    -Xavius and Nzoth are going to be part of a possible Emerald Dream expansion.
    -Maeiv will come back when Illidan does - most likely for the Burning Legion expansion.
    -The Titans, Old Gods and the Guardians of Tirisfal are what I suspect to be their ace for one giant Azeroth redone expansion.

*shrug*
    That's 5 xpac's right there.

They'll sure as hell come up with more lore as well.

P.S. I know people say the globe is complete but god damn it I want there to be another continent on the other side of the planet >:l

anything but trolls...or pandas

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblade945 View Post
    anything but trolls...or pandas
    Zandalari aren't finished yet with Rastakhan (spelling) and Zul still out there.

...I hope pandas are done

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Everquest 1 is still getting updates.

WoW will be just fine for another 10 years.
    And EverQuest 2 failed before EverQuest did. Hence that whole "sequels to MMOs generally don't do well" sentiment.

Deleted
    Been saying it for a year now in every other thread like this, but:

95 = Queen Azshara expansion, acting almost as an introduction to the next expansion. A lot of Burning Legion related things, probably even a middle tier raid for it. The "6.4" (if compared to 5.4) will be with Queen Azshara as end boss, then the "6.5" will be an introduction patch to 7.0, at which we march through portals to Argus.

100 = Argus, Sargeras, Burning Legion. Titans will assist us and that's the only logical way we'll even be remotely able to fight Sargeras.

I do believe we'll have expansions beyond that, but they'd probably be like Mists. Not expanded lore, but almost completely new lore. The other side of Azeroth is one of my guesses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bellomourn View Post
    P.S. I know people say the globe is complete but god damn it I want there to be another continent on the other side of the planet >:l
    It isn't complete. There's no canon lore about the other side. The map we see is like 1/2 or even 1/3 of the entire planet. People that have gone there to explore have never returned.

Don't worry.

Don't think leveling stops magically at lvl100, just cause of the number.

Actually i hope we get in the new expansion the possibility to lvl 10 levels again, cause i am tired of the 5lvls per expansion cap, can't expierence all zones that way before reaching the cap. As allready mentioned everyhwere, the Garrosh weapon heirlooms seem to indicate that.

And yeah, its about time to finally see Pantheon Titans....bored to never see them anywhere. Not even in a CoT or similar Deus ex machina.