Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewi View Post
    its the same icon that WOW uses for its game-launching icon.. as well as in Battle.net app..

It's also 90% identical to the icon used by us.battle.net as the "fav" icon -- without the 4 points on the outside.. likely because the icon is limited to only ~15 pixels in width
    Well, it's not totally identical. The thing people are trying to suggest is a hint is the backdrop, which seems to be the Maelstrom. That said, I don't really believe that's a substantial hint. It's just a YouTube channel icon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they wanted a new icon? Plus its more Hi-rez compared to the mop one.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably because youtube just forced account conversions to google+ which requires you to upload new channel icons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Hmm- The logo has 4 spikes. But the one in the lower left is darker than the others. So that gives us 3 bright spikes. What does that mean?

Half-Life 3!
    Made me lol. Thank you.

It's probably worth noting that while this doesn't point to any expansion.. Blizzard usually reverts to the Vanilla theme during the early beta phase of testing.
    e.g. The Launcher always goes back to the Vanilla style launcher, and then later in beta gets switched to whatever the new theme is, and then revised/adjusted etc.

Yeah just the same icon they've been using lately for everything placed over the maelstrom. Could it be used for the next expansion? Sure, I guess. Pretty much impossible to draw anything from that though without making shit up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Darker background, The Dark Below confirmed.

No honestly I think it's just updating it for the 9th anniversary or just because they got tired of updating it every expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Maybe it's a hint for HL:3?
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

It's just a higher resolution version of the WoW logo.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It's just a higher resolution version of the WoW logo.
    The background is what is interesting. Not the logo itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely nothing special. See if they said something in a cryptic manner when they updated the icon THEN there would be something to discuss.

Let the tinfoil hattery COMMENCE!!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A Blizzard dev creates a new desktop icon for WoW, people start freaking out about that it's an indication of the next expansion.

Half Life 3 confirmed.

Clearly this Icon is actually the starting point for an ARG.

Deleted
    Please stop with the half life 3 comments guys - it's basically a meme at this point, so simply making a comment about that is just reposting a meme, which isn't considered constructive discussion here.

Deleted
    Seriously...
    you ppl have too much spare time ...
    it's just an Icon :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Blizzard sneezed? New kleenex-based expansion confirmed.
    The rise of the Bird Flu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    What the fuck, that is exactly same color as normal wow icon

Deleted
    A bit off-topic, but i'm seeing that MoP cinematic again now and i remember when it first came out the likes and dislikes were like 50/50. Now i's almost 80% likes!

Deleted
    That's it. It's confirmed. No expansion. Blizzard will relaunch WoW in HD. 40 man raids are back, LFR is gone, flying mounts are gone.

NICE find op. Wonder what this means???!