Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    It looks like the vanilla icon with the maelstrom as a background nothing else.
    Looks more like a storm to me. Heroes of the Storm CONFIRMED!!

It is a higher resolution icon of the one found on your computer. This is not an expansion reveal, hint or slip up.

15+ Year Old Account
    yea just looks like a high res version of the original icon to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    A bit off-topic, but i'm seeing that MoP cinematic again now and i remember when it first came out the likes and dislikes were like 50/50. Now i's almost 80% likes!
    You watched the wrong Cinematic, the Preview of Mists of Pandaria had 50% dislikes, and it still has.
    The Cinematic to the actual expansion had always had like 80-90% likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its darker because of the dark below

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    It looks like a higher resolution version of the vanilla icon. It's probably nothing, but nice find anyway :3
    Ya thats the original Logo that we all have on are desktop.

Deleted
    That is the vanilla WoW icon, just higher res. Move along folks.

So they ditched the low res mop one for a HD version of the original? Not exactly a significant change is it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You watched the wrong Cinematic, the Preview of Mists of Pandaria had 50% dislikes, and it still has.
    The Cinematic to the actual expansion had always had like 80-90% likes.
    Nope, 100% sure this vid had like 50% likes at the launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go.

Vanilla revamp form revamped cataclysm.

Deleted
    Might be related to the new expansion, like a new logo that was designed for use with mockups for the next expansion box art. Could've also been redesigned for Blizzcon related stuff.

Maybe they changed it back to normal because MoP is over? They will probably change it again with the new expansion. Their SC and Diablo channels have icons representing their latest expansions.

Deleted
    It's the vanilla icon at higher resolution. That means updated vanilla models for the next expansion. They better not bail later.

It's just an updated version of the original WoW logo, not much to be found in it. Looks neat though.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Good lord. Blizzard can't even sneeze without people throwing up conspiracies and donning their tinfoil hats.

They updated the icon to a higher resolution. Looks good in my opinion, much needed. Nothing else.
    Yeah man, it was very much needed. I was lying awake at night knowing that Blizzard wasn't using a hi-res avatar on youtube.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    NICE find op. Wonder what this means???!
    It means that MOP is at it's final chapter and what's coming next has nothing to do with MOP. In this case they just updated their icon to look like the vanilla wow logo, in higher resolution though. That way they don't have to switch icons every expansion. The icon is so small too that there can't be that much of detail in it, so no point investing resources in making them.

I doubt next xpac has anything to do with revamping old content, besides new player models at some point. Cataclysm did the same and they regret making it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

the "new" high res icon actually throws back to the original warcraft game where WAR-CRAFT was the focus, so I hope we will go back to those years(as a feeling, not mechanics/etc-wise)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's probably because youtube just forced account conversions to google+ which requires you to upload new channel icons.
    A page and a half of crazy conspiracy stuff then one guy makes 200% sense and every one disregards him for another page and a half and continues on you guys made me lul :P But yeah anyways this seems like the most reasonable thing for this guys haha

Deleted
    I have that icon now...nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    If you look really closely you will notice its a giant W. W upside down is M hinting at the first letter of the xpac title. The background is a mixture of blue colours, blue in nature is things like the sky and the sea. This confirms next xpac title and theme.

World of Warcraft; Maybe Sky or Sea themed.

You can ignore the yellow colours though, this just symbolized the amount of gold you will continue to spend on blizzard products, nothing else.
    Agreed. You'll also notice, if you look VERY closely, that there are four points which do not point N/S/E/W as would a compass, showing that something is "off" about the world. This clearly points to an expansion based on a remake of outlands. The pointiness of them shows that outlands will be redone with 4 added continents, each more strange than the last. The larger size of the icon shows that this will be the largest expansion yet.