Poll: I would

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Just out of random curiousity

Which would you rather be? you have to choose one! It's somewhat hypothetical.

Would you rather be fat and healthy for as far as that goes or, be a diabetic and skinny.
    I'm not really sure myself

You can't lose the weight btw as people were asking. It kind of defeats the point. I'm just curious if people prefer looks over health.
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2013-09-29 at 01:12 PM.

I would guess i am already the first one, and i am generally not an unhappy person so... ya me!

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to choose between the two, I'd rather be diabetic/skinny. Even if one is relatively healthy, being fat is just plain inconvenient.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    If I had to choose between the two, I'd rather be diabetic/skinny. Even if one is relatively healthy, being fat is just plain inconvenient.
    Being a diabetic is too though

Deleted
    Fat and healthy.

Being Skinny and having a illness that can cause you to loose limbs, is much much worse than being fat and healthy.
    Edit
    being fat and healthy also has the benefit of being able to loose weight and still be healthy.

Deleted
    Fat and healthy, even though this is pure fiction.

Deleted
    I would hate to be fat, so I'll go with diabetic.

Deleted
    Would we be able to lose weight? Or wouldn't it be possible, for whatever reason?
    If not: Diabetic and skinny. Definitely.

Can you be fat and healthy? I don't think so, at least not for long. I'd still chose it though instead of diabetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    being fat and healthy also has the benefit of being able to loose weight and still be healthy.
    haha /thread xD

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Can you be fat and healthy? I don't think so, at least not for long. I'd still chose it though instead of diabetic.
    There have been a lot of studies lately showing that being overweight isn't half as dangerous as we've thought so far; not exercising is actually more dangerous than overeating (at least if you are overeating relatively healthy foods). Of course being obese isn't good for you, but at least for older folks a little tummy actually increases your life span. So definitely chubby and healthy over skinny and sick; slightly overweight people live longer than underweight folks and diabetes is definitely not fun and games. I've seen those wounds and the way they refuse to heal; I'd rather have tummy and legs than neither.

Skinny and diabetic, I would never be happy with myself being fat.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody said you were allowed to lose the weight. I was under the assumption that becoming skinny in this hypothetical would in turn make you diabetic.

Deleted
    Health before looks everyday!

Being "fat" isn't something permanent, However Diabetes is.

Deleted
    Fat and.... Healthy? How?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Fat and.... Healthy? How?
    Well this is somewhat a hypothethical thread, but not all people who are fat have health issues. Not sure if you can consider someone healthy when he's fine with everything else except his weight. I'd think so but i might be wrong.

The reason I don't like the morbid obesity epidemic is because it's incredibly unhealthy in all sorts of ways. So if I were to be in tip-top shape and feel like an athlete, but have lots of fat hanging from me (that doesn't hinder me; I consider the hindrance to be one of the health issues), then sign me up for 'fat and healthy.'

It makes no sense to oppose obesity on any other grounds than health.

Fat and healthy is largely oxymoronic. I'm presently skinny; if I developed diabetes, I'd still be a generally healthier person than almost all fat people. That said, I suppose I'd rather be a sumo wrestler than be skinny and sickly.

Deleted
    id rather be fat and healthy, how ever, i'm skinny and healthy luckily

Fat and healthy.

Being Skinny and having a illness that can cause you to loose limbs, is much much worse than being fat and healthy.
    Edit
    Loophole found!

I'd pick fat and healthy if I could lose the weight. If not, diabetic and skinny it is.