[MW] Help analysing raid member

I'm in a mission to try and help our raid's MW, but Monk is by far my least understood class in which I'm completely out of my depths analysing, so I would appreciate some help.

The problem: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...m/healingDone/

After this raid our Druid Tank pointed me to take a look at this, which was quite alarming. I knew he wasn't the best of healers, but there had to be something up.
    His Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rkula/advanced (to save you cussing his annoying ö)

My initial thoughts are he's running too much Spirit, although he also doesn't have the meta gem, so I'm not sure how much he needs. The Druid (Trollsformer) he's up against isn't anything special, so its not as if he's just getting destroyed by a complete healer eclipse, but obviously there's something going horribly wrong, which I'd really like to get to the bottom of.

Please give me a hand to try and help him out, and if theres anything you'd like me to ask him let me know.

Deleted
    04:07 (65.1 %)

pathetic uptime on rem

Deleted
    Just took a quick look at your kill (and cut that to the time he was alive, Link).

During a 243s window he should've cast
    - ReM 30 times, he did 18
    - TFT 5 times, he did 2
    - Chi Brew atleast 5 times (he did 3)
    - Expel Harm atleast 15 times, he did 4

In short: He doesn't use his spells on CD.

Another really important thing:
    He's doing low HPS, doesn't have the LMG, yet chooses to use Crackling Jade Lightning for 19s? That's nearly 100k (one third!) of his mana. Doesn't he know where else to put it?

For his Chi Spenders: He managed to cast 19 Uplifts during that 243s window and 5 Enveloping Mists.
    That's 19 * 2 + 5 * 3 = 53 Chi spent from the 78 he gained, or in other numbers:
    He generates 1 Chi every 3.1s and spends only 1 Chi every 4.5s, he wastes nearly 33%.
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2013-09-30 at 01:18 AM.

Deleted
    His uptime on renewing mists is indeed awful, there is no excuse for it to be that low ever

*shock horror edit* Looking at mine this week I was at 97.7%... brb deleting character
    Last edited by mmoca8aa966329; 2013-09-30 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    *shock horror edit* Looking at mine this week I was at 97.7%... brb deleting character
    You missed 6 possible casts this week (28 out of 34 possible)
    Just in case it isn't obvious: I'm just kidding. There are dozens of scenarios where people delay ReM 2-3 seconds, and this adds up... just not as much as in the log from the OP.

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10705&e=11085

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dk...?s=8419&e=8716

14k spirit is way too high - WAY WAY, even without the meta gem you shouldn't be at 14k spirit (he's spamming crackling for no reason) he can heal effectively at 10-11k spirit, that's 3-4k of another stat into another.

He doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot, what is he pushing to not cast REM every CD? His haste is dreadfully low, he should be at the 9k bp (i was at his gear level and it was well worth it)

I think you need to replace him to be honest =/ his ilvl is a bit low(ish) but he just doesn't care to know how to play his class, he's just getting boosted.

Deleted
    I'm not Högerkula, but I'm in a similar gear situation(no LMG, hovering 530)
    For the Crackling: I have no idea where I read it, but I read somewhere that during Heroism, CJL is better than fistweaving for DPS and HPS. After the first phase of Immerseus, I'm at 20% mana with like 8 Mana Tea stacks because of that, but almost doubling our disc priests damage. With a ton of crit, you're also able to recover from CJL usage better due to the nature of Mana Tea. We 3-heal that fight with a disc priest and a druid, so my heals are only really doing anything in split phases.
    However, I see no reason to EVER commit to CJL on Dark Shaman when you're 2-healing it. This fight is very healing intense and stacking for Efflorescence(with which you could possibly even 1-heal it with the right tanks) is not a good idea. When 2-healing 10m progress, be it normal or heroic, CJL can cost you a try if you're stuck in that mode and don't switch to normal healing when it's needed.
    The spirit has also been noted. I'm around his gear level also without LMG, I'm using the 216 Int 2% Mana Meta(he's using 432 spirit 3% critical effect) and <8k spirit, Haste on boots and 80 all stats on chest. I do go oom when both our other healers die on Iron Juggernaut because tankhealing with high incoming damage is super draining on a MW's mana. I feel unable to go oom in any other situation except for 38s CJL channels during Heroism.
    Tell him to have confidence in his mana tea and ignore spirit(and mastery) altogether. He already is at a good spot crit-wise, but imagining all that excess spirit in crit gives me wet dreams.

Thanks for the helpful comments, I'll be having a chat with him later tonight and pointing him towards these comments

What I would recommend for him is possibly to use WA to help him track his CDs (Ex - Affinichi's UI is a good one) that might help improve his use of things on CD

Quote Originally Posted by Weithus View Post
    What I would recommend for him is possibly to use WA to help him track his CDs (Ex - Affinichi's UI is a good one) that might help improve his use of things on CD
    Any idea where I could get the most updated version of his WA setup?

quartz addon increases healing done by 15%

Deleted
    i do care how to play my class, but in the 5.3 patch i didint have eny probelm at all to heal but now i patch 5.4 somthing happen that i didnt realy knew about, and i would like to get som help to incress my healing and playing with my guild in the raids, so farr i have regemed all the big gems taht was spirit, in to int, int/crit and int/spirit, for some mana, i hit about 9k spirit and i can get the 9k breaking point for the hast, and i have (WA) now so i can track my REM and other CD.s.
    the think is idont want to gem big gems 320 hast, as u said it's bad i rather then gem int/hast gems so i get closer to the 9k cap... i would like some more advice so i can incress my healing // högerkula