Poll: How Interested are you in the 2014 Winter Olympics

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Winter Olympics Poll / Thread Feedback

Greeting Sports & Fitness forum!

As some of you may remember myself and Fengore (Now Northern Goblin) put a lot of work into the 2012 Summer Olympics thread. You can see that effort here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1162956

Looking ahead the the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, we're wondering what the community is looking for. First of all, I want to do a poll to gauge interest in the games, from there we can develop an appropriate coverage plan.

For myself, things have changed quite a bit since then and I doubt that I'll have the time to do hourly updates on medal winners this time. Still, we're thinking about doing a medal table featuring top 20 countries updated daily as well as a daily highlight section.

For now, please vote of your interest in the 2014 Winter Olympics. I would rather not do a lot of work if no one cares. Conversely, if a lot of people care then I can maybe bring in extra help to make the thread exceptional. It's all up to what the readers want. Please be honest.

Men's hockey.. women's curling. Maybe 1-2 other things like the freestyle ski/moguls/jumping thing whatever that's called. I assume (and expect) hockey will be discussed at great length in the NHL thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, well still looking for more feedback. If people are not interested then we don't need to do anything. I would rather not do a lot of work if no one cares. Just let me know!

My suggestion Fuzzie would be maybe do the Medal Count and then just have an open discussion the various events. Most sports website have detailed information on who won the individual events.

It will be interesting to see if Canada can have the same kind of results like we did in Vancouver.

Deleted
    I would follow the thread. I will watch the hockey, curling, most of the alpine and cross country skiing.

If there's skiing, I'll be watching it. Go USA! And Switzerland!

I watch most of the winter stuff except Skiing really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biathlon all the way!

I will watch hockey and some of the big air and freestyle skiing and snowboarding.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember the 2012 Olympic thread, you did quite good at it Fuzzie.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be watching all the hockey events. For the rest of the events, I'll probably just have the TV on in the background for most of the Olympics and pay attention whenever something interesting happens. Events I'm interested in are speed skating, biathlon, skeleton, luge, bobsled, curling, moguls and most of the skiing that involves jumps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't really pay any attention to any events, unless there are some extreme sport events like snowboard pipe. But I remember the thread from last year, and I remember it getting pretty good activity.

Deleted
    I'll be watching some hockey, maybe curling.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be watching every hockey game I can and women's curling. Come on ridiculously hot Japanese curling team. I'd be willing to do some results post like I did for Summer basketball for hockey if need be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool!

From what I gather a lot of you are interested in the Hockey. No surprise there!

Right now I'm thinking of a top 20 medal count and maybe a chart showing the Hockey and Curling tournaments with some big headlines as they come up.

The Summer Olympics thread in 2012 was a lot of fun, but was at least 4 hours work a day, something I can't guarantee any of us mods have the time of at this point. I want to ensure that the event is still properly covered though. Especially with the 8 hour time difference for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hockey only I guess. I'm more bothered with the olympics being held in a pseudo-totalitarian country with little respect for human rights such as Russia, China etc. Takes away the joy for me.
    But best of luck to all athletes participating.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-10-04 at 06:31 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Love the idea! I'd definitely follow skiing, hockey, and snowboarding.

Ice hockey and x-country skiing.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all Olympic sports (winter and summer)...except equestrian...that's just a big fat no go zone. Gonna watch everyday whenever I can.

I'm only really interested in the Luge and Bob.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll only be watching the hockey games.