Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Humans should have an iconic flying mount!

    Ok, I know what you guys are thinking; Gryphon. But in WOW, Gryphon is the signature mount of the Wildhammer Clan. I remembered the first time I logged into WOW and I found it strange that the human uses Gryphon as taxi. And the only iconic mount that had been stamped into the human race is the horse; armored horse, black horse, white horse, polka-dot horse. I find it strange that Blizzard hasn't come out something more unique for Human. The trolls have their vampiric bats, the mighty Orcs have subdued dragons and befriended wyverns, the gnomes have their flying machines, the Goblins have zeppelin. Heck, even the Blood elves have Dragonhawk while the Night Elves can ride their trusty Hippogryph.


    I could see one day, if a great calamity arrive on Azeroth, the Chimeras would once again answer the call of Cenarius to be the steed of Night Elves and others who are exalted with the Cenarion Circle, so that would rule out Chimeras. The magic carpet seems to be something belongs to Dalaran. so not really the playable human faction while the frost dwarves ride their beautiful pristine eagles.

    So I have an idea. Why not come out with a lore akin to how the Orcs manage to tame the Wyvern. I can see either bringing something new altogether such as Pegasus, to be introduced as the human iconic mount or maybe something already in game but just requiring a bit tweaking. I actually favour some sort of 2 headed Roc mount. It can be tied either to the Wastelanders or Stormgardes and somehow either of this faction made it possible for the human to include the mighty beast as part of their arsenal. Imagine a new banner for human consist of 2 headed rook, they would be the Humanity's main air assault unit in a war.

    I also remember that pre-wc3 alpha, the Priestess Of The Moon was supposed to ride a giant Owl. I really would love to see the Sentinels or at least some sort of Elune-esque faction that flies on great Owls.

  2. #2
    you kill it you keep it:


  3. #3
    Now I want a Chimera mount...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Now I want a Chimera mount...
    I know right, but probably we would have a problem when it comes to steering as WOW's Chimera has two heads.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    you kill it you keep it:

    I actually I think it would be awesome if human gets something mix technology and their knowledge of magic for their mount; Something like an arcane powered hovering Pod -racer with RUNES.

  5. #5
    Pit Lord Cyrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US Eonar
    Posts
    2,430
    So Ironman mount is out of the question?

  6. #6
    We do. It's called an airplane.

  7. #7
    Humans have horses, so the iconic flying mount should be horse-based

    So ... SPARKLE PONY!
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    So Ironman mount is out of the question?
    I would love the idea of a flying suit reserved for the Tinker class!

  9. #9
    Gryphons are widely used because that was the go-to flying resource for the Alliance for decades. I'd argue that they are the most iconic Alliance mount possible. Prior to the Wildhammer clan, there weren't an abundance of flying mounts and such used by the Alliance.

    I'd rather see an emphasis back to iconic ground mounts.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    We do. It's called an airplane.
    I know right, but in wow, that's the gnome's.

  11. #11
    Don't you have the lion mount anyway?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    Gryphons are widely used because that was the go-to flying resource for the Alliance for decades. I'd argue that they are the most iconic Alliance mount possible. Prior to the Wildhammer clan, there weren't an abundance of flying mounts and such used by the Alliance.

    I'd rather see an emphasis back to iconic ground mounts.
    Humans already have their iconic ground mount; Horse. IMHO the iconic ground mount for the Alliance is lion.

    And I don't like how Blizz is taking away the Wildhammer's gryphon just because they didn't have the time to make something cool for the human to ride.

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    1,216
    Only if we tauren get winged kodo. After that, you could ask for nuclear weapons for all I care. I'll be too busy flying my AWESOME winged kodo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I also remember that pre-wc3 alpha, the Priestess Of The Moon was supposed to ride a giant Owl.
    Wait, why don't we have this? This would be fantastic!
    Last edited by Breccia; 2013-09-30 at 01:40 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Only if we tauren get winged kodo. After that, you could ask for nuclear weapons for all I care. I'll be too busy flying my AWESOME winged kodo.
    IMHO if you play Horde quest, seems that the most closely associated flying animal to the Tauren is the Wind Serpent. I can imagine maybe Arikara grants the Tauren the ability to ride them? Would love to see huge armored wind serpents as Tauren's mount.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    you kill it you keep it:

    I remember this, it's from my old thread about mixing orcs with animals that got locked because it became a "photoshop funny stuff on whalerosh" thread lol

    such wonderful memories lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  16. #16
    Iconic alliance mount = Jaina, remember kids 'don't put you dick in crazy' see how she turned out

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    IMHO if you play Horde quest, seems that the most closely associated flying animal to the Tauren is the Wind Serpent. .
    Don't care. Flying kodo. GIMME

    In all seriousness, the only thing I remember about Wind Serpents and the tauren was in the Thousand Needles questline, where they seem to be more related to Magatha Grimtotem than the tauren in general. This is not a selling point for loyal Horde members.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Humans already have their iconic ground mount; Horse. IMHO the iconic ground mount for the Alliance is lion.

    And I don't like how Blizz is taking away the Wildhammer's gryphon just because they didn't have the time to make something cool for the human to ride.
    They aren't taking it away, but the gryphon is arguably the biggest contributing factor to the Alliance from the Wildhammer's. It has been decades - it is instilled in the Alliance culture to use these beasts. This goes back far before World of Warcraft ever launched. You have to realize flying wasn't a supper common thing even ~10 year ago in Azeroth.

    And is the Lion really an iconic ground mount? Or is it a symbolic animal? I'd lean toward the latter.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Only if we tauren get winged kodo. After that, you could ask for nuclear weapons for all I care. I'll be too busy flying my AWESOME winged kodo.



    Wait, why don't we have this? This would be fantastic!
    When wc3 came out, I was bummed out that the Hippogryph is the Night elf's unit instead of Human's, and that they were know Giant Owls for the Night Elf Sentinels.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Don't care. Flying kodo. GIMME

    In all seriousness, the only thing I remember about Wind Serpents and the tauren was in the Thousand Needles questline, where they seem to be more related to Magatha Grimtotem than the tauren in general. This is not a selling point for loyal Horde members.
    I would love to see the noble Tauren would be able to tame the savage and ruthless Wind Serpents. I would love to see the dynamic as I believe that the gentle Tauren is the perfect master for the relentless Wind Serpents.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    They aren't taking it away, but the gryphon is arguably the biggest contributing factor to the Alliance from the Wildhammer's. It has been decades - it is instilled in the Alliance culture to use these beasts. This goes back far before World of Warcraft ever launched. You have to realize flying wasn't a supper common thing even ~10 year ago in Azeroth.

    And is the Lion really an iconic ground mount? Or is it a symbolic animal? I'd lean toward the latter.
    Symbolic yes, but I can see that the Lion mount would be the best for any of the Alliance race to ride. But that's just my honest opion.

    Even the Horde changed from using Red Dragon to using Wyverns. I think the lore needs to be explored more because I do believe in diversity.

  20. #20
    High Overlord cwowtbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    163
    Humans are dull, I still don't know why anyone would play one, racials set aside.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •