Poll: Which one to buy??

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Need some advice, GTA 5...xbox 360 or ps3 ?

Oke, im thinking of buying a xbox 360 or a PS3 so i can play GTA 5 already. (yes cant wait for the pc version, and also wanna try and switch from pc gaming to console gaming)

Now i know some cons and pro's, but i just wonder which of the 2 you guys and girls suggest to buy.
    I checked many sites, and one noticeble thing is, the xbox360 is way cheaper compared to the PS3 console. So on a short term i'm thinking of going for the xbox360.

But since i never owned a console (post 2000 i mean) i dont know which one to choose.

Going for the cheaper retail price of the xbox 360? Or go for the more expensive one as in the PS3.

And oh yeah, on a side note. I'm not gonna wait and buy a xbox one or PS4, so dont suggest that plz :P

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/19/gta-...potential-fix/

Dont do Digi download and it doesnt matter

Too bad, suggesting it. Wait and get it on PS4. GTA5 runs like garbage on the 360 and PS3.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I have it on ps3 and it has ran fine for me only a few small bugs nothing major.

I have a hardcopy and whatever platform you chose don't get the digital and if you get the Xbox 360 version don't install the play disk.

I been playing on my ps3 160 slim and I have heard that GTA V has caused original xbox 360's to crash after the first mission.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I never owned a console, but always leaned towards Playstation.
    I know that game is fun, but I'd say just wait and let it mature and for the PC/PS4 versions to come out. Current consoles are not a long time investment if you buy now.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2013-10-04 at 10:16 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you can't wait for the PC release i would hold off the PS3 and Xbox 360, the graphics won't be great and its not worth shelling out another 60 bucks to play it on a outdated console.

PC>PS4>Xbox One>PS3>Xbox 360

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Too bad, suggesting it. Wait and get it on PS4. GTA5 runs like garbage on the 360 and PS3.
    mine runs fine on 360 :L doesnt look as pretty as it would on pc, but runs fine. at the moment if doesn't really matter if you get it on 360 or ps3, runs about the same imo.

ive got it on 360, but ill be getting on pc when i can aswell

Deleted
    360 might be cheaper but if you get the 4gb you'll need to buy a USB device, atleast a 16gb and a max of 32gb at the side to install GTA5

Deleted
    I bought if for xbox360 (EU release version) (have PS3 also), had few bugs in later missions where the mission point checks would not load the next stage, aka mission is stuck in the middle of it, restarting the game fixed those, also some fps issues on very few places. Only truly sad thing was no full install with noisy discdrive right next to me (I know theres a possibility to install play disc on usb drive). Then again I'm big handed and I like xbox controlled much better than ps3 one. Gold account needed for GTA online (going live tomorrow). Oh and some totally crap online stuff inside the single player game, but thats more about developer choices than the system the game is on.
    Last edited by mmoc198caea9b6; 2013-09-30 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Haha, this actually answered my own question in a different way. I'd been trying to decide which one to get it on, but if it's going to be coming out on PS4, we already have one pre-ordered, so I'll just wait until then.

Deleted
    Mhm, tnx so far for the advice. still keeps me thinking what to do. soooo...more advice from some others still apreciated not totally made up my mind atm

Deleted
    I really don't think it matters. Just buy it for either, the difference is minimal. I got PS3 because I have more friends who play on that even though I think XBL is far superior and the xbox has a better controller.

Look around to see what exclusive games each system has that you might be interested in and pick that one. Before you buy the cheapest xbox (4gb) look to see how big of an install GTA 5 is. I have no idea or I'd help. If you are just buying a system to play GTA 5 take a look on ebay for some cheap systems.

EDIT: I guess I could mention I have GTA 5 on the PS3. I have not had any problems with it so far. Graphics seem good and game play is smooth. I'm sure the xbox would seem just as good to my eyes and skill level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    Look around to see what exclusive games each system has that you might be interested in and pick that one. Before you buy the cheapest xbox (4gb) look to see how big of an install GTA 5 is. I have no idea or I'd help. If you are just buying a system to play GTA 5 take a look on ebay for some cheap systems.
    thats a point, the install is 8gb, if you buy the 4gb xbox you will need an external device to save to,

Deleted
    at a gamestore they sell used (i think 60gb) xbox360 versions for 109 euro's. and on the most famous selling site in the netherlands called marktplaats.nl they go for around that price to. so if you look good, you can get one for like 100 euro's plus 50 euro's for the game makes a total of 150 euro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    thats a point, the install is 8gb, if you buy the 4gb xbox you will need an external device to save to,
    btw is it also possible to save to a network device either on the ps3 or the xbox? got a NAS with 1TB, so that would be handy

10+ Year Old Account
    PC

10chars

Deleted
    Are you really going to buy a console at the very end of its generation just for ONE game ? Man, I wish I had that kind of money.

wait for PC it got leaked on a bunch of sites for November 22nd or just buy a next gen console

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    PC

10chars
    Exactly /10char

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just wait for the PC version as it will be worth it! I have it on the PS3 and the texture pop ins were annoying along with the draw distance being terrible.