Deleted

Prot Pala - Is this tank doing something wrong?

This is from world of logs /reports/rt-jki58i8wmjhvxmhn/details/9/
    (sry I cant post full links yet)

Any help analysing this would be appreciated! This log is from a wipe night on Garrosh and was wondering if there was something visibly wrong here.

Thanks in advance!

- Idrage

Tell me how to fix that link so I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Idrage View Post
    This is from world of logs /reports/rt-jki58i8wmjhvxmhn/details/9/
    (sry I cant post full links yet)

Any help analysing this would be appreciated! This log is from a wipe night on Garrosh and was wondering if there was something visibly wrong here.

Thanks in advance!

- Idrage
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jki58i8wmjhvxmhn/
    Should probably be posted in fix my tanking tread.

Regardless, yes. He is way too low on Holy Power generation --> too low sotr uptime.

Ok here we go.
    1)His hit is wayy to high
    2)He is going for every socket bonus, not always with the optimal gems for a haste building paladin
    3) If he is a haste building paladin, he isn't going haste in some very big ways. Ie both trinkets reforged for Master vs haste. Not reforging haste over mastery in several places.
    4) (not sure if garrosh has a specific reason) he has clemency as a talent rather then the reduced divine protection cd.

Using longest attempt now
    5)His shield of the Righteous up time is horrid. Its very low.
    6) He used Ardent defender once in the entire fight (10min38seconds) and zero guardians of the ancient kings.
    7)Only used divine protection 6times despite being glyphed for it.

Just a few things I see right off the bat.

His haste is really low: (like 5000 below what it should be at his gear level)
    Tell him to stop gemming for socket bonus since most of them are not worth it (heck he is even going for the useless dodge ones) and on top of that he needs to stop gemming stam (at ilvl 550 you shouldn't need that) and exp (
    stats on chest is also kind of ... ehhh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Tell me how to fix that link so I can see.
    If you can't even do that how are you going to be of help.

- - - Updated - - -

1)His hit is wayy to high
    (S)hit happens and there's nothing you can do about it.

- - - Updated - - -

7)Only used divine protection 6times despite being glyphed for it.
    What does that glyph have to do with how often it's used? The glyph is questionable but that's about it.
    But looking at it he's specced into clemency (why???)

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post

What does that glyph have to do with how often it's used? The glyph is questionable but that's about it.
    But looking at it he's specced into clemency (why???)
    The glyph makes it reduce physical damage as well as magic. Thus more chances to use it and it actually mitigate Something instead of just nothing (no glyph yet may be no magic damage).

His haste is really low: (like 5000 below what it should be at his gear level)
    Tell him to stop gemming for socket bonus since most of them are not worth it (heck he is even going for the useless dodge ones) and on top of that he needs to stop gemming stam (at ilvl 550 you shouldn't need that) and exp (
    stats on chest is also kind of ... ehhh.
    He is also reforging to mastery in places that have no haste on them instead of going into haste.

The glyph makes it reduce physical damage as well as magic. Thus more chances to use it and it actually mitigate Something instead of just nothing (no glyph yet may be no magic damage).
    Garrosh p2 deals enough magic damage for it to be a wasted glyph spot imo.

Owmigawd I just noticed he's using Glyph of the Battle Healer.

Oh another thing I noticed from the logs is that he's refreshing EF more often than necessary which makes his ShoR uptime suffer.
    I also don't think he has the haste levels needed to throw EF on his co-tank yet. (Even I can't do that on an unlucky streak and my haste is significantly higher)
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-10-01 at 08:37 AM.

Garrosh p2 deals enough magic damage for it to be a wasted glyph spot

I didn't even notice. Ive never done garrosh. Yeah its a wasted glyph but he still should have used it more often considering hes bothering with it. Its on a 1min cd (since he has clemency for some reason) and only used 6times with it reducing physical and magic on a 10min fight

Not only that, he's using SoT instead of SoI. And indeed the problematic EF usage when already low on holy power.

Actually the glyph work's the other way: from 40% magical to 20% magical and 20% physical.

As Nillo said: stop gemming for stamina and reforge much more away from hit until there's only marginally more than 7.5% left. Don't reforge from haste; maybe get a little help from askmrrobot or similar add ons/web pages. As well, Zantos already mentioned it: he should use much more defensive cool down especially SotR (+uptime).
    Last edited by Homsel; 2013-10-01 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homsel View Post
    Not only that, he's using SoT instead of SoI.
    Wow... I didn't even think about checking for that.

Seriously this guy needs to do some research. He isn't doing 'something' wrong he's doing "everything" wrong.

Well tbh what killed the pala was:
    Tanking adds and garrosh in p1(should only be done if one tanking it, isnt your monk taking adds?)
    Got to 10 stacks of the debuff i p2(shouldnt be over 4 tbh)
    No healing in intermission so he died..
    Getting aggro from alot of small adds in p3(this is because of eternal flame) either let it drop when the adds spawn or remove righteous fury when the adds spawn to avoid it.
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Dropping EF is a horrible idea.
    On the other hand:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Righteous Fury
    /cast [nomod:shift] Righteous Fury
    /cancelaura [mod:shift] Righteous Fury
    is what I use

Deleted
    So, for a conclusion

In terms of tanking:
    - Gemmed / Reforged incorrectly
    - SoR uptime very low
    - Poor use of defensive CDs
    - Questionable glyphs

And for the fight
    - Some gaps in healing
    - Needs to remove Righteous Fury when adds are spawning
    - Don't tank stuff in p1 (monk OP)

If I missed something out or you think I should remove something please let me know.

Thanks for the fast responses,

Regards

- Idrage

Which is basically by the second time you leave the Y'shaarj realm
    Well for p1 he should tank Garrosh and get the adds to the boss - even with low vengeance the monk should have no troubles pulling aggro of the pally and even if he does have troubles all the monk needs to do is taunt Garrosh for a few seconds which should give him a strong enough vengeance boost to keep the adds.

So, for a conclusion

In terms of tanking:
    - Gemmed / Reforged incorrectly
    - SoR uptime very low
    - Poor use of defensive CDs
    - Questionable glyphs

And for the fight
    - Some gaps in healing

If I missed something out or you think I should remove something please let me know.

Thanks for the fast responses,

Regards

- Idrage
    Tell him to remove clemency talent
    Use Seal of Insight, not Seal of truth

In order of importance:
    1) Use seal of insight, not truth
    2) Remove glyph of battlehealer, its not questionable, its shite, esp for this fight where the tanks get trucked.
    3) Use Unbreakable spirit to reduce DP cooldown to 30seconds and then use DP
    4) Fix his gemming so that he gets more haste, the vast majority of socket bonuses don't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the already active thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Fix-my-Tanking!