Deleted

Help with Gold Tank PG! Not enough DPS!

Hi everyone!

I've been stuck on a while on Gold Tank challenge in Proving Grounds, the mobs are easy to tank and it's not really a survivability problem, its just that the mobs doesn't die until the next wave is released.

Often I'm left with one mob up when the next wave spawn, especially the Wing Guards and Conquerors, how I'm a supposed to put out so much dps to kill them? I really thought this was a challenge in tanking, not dpsing :/

My furthers have been Wave 10, but had a Large Conq still up from w9 that was too much when the other 2 spawned.

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Giriko/simple
    I usually re-talent Holy Avenger into Divine Purpose and Exe Sentence into Light's Hammer.

Help, please?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just part of the challenge, you have to deal with it. There is no way to do the extra DPS, the mobs have far too much HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannie View Post
    Hi everyone!

I've been stuck on a while on Gold Tank challenge in Proving Grounds, the mobs are easy to tank and it's not really a survivability problem, its just that the mobs doesn't die until the next wave is released.

Often I'm left with one mob up when the next wave spawn, especially the Wing Guards and Conquerors, how I'm a supposed to put out so much dps to kill them? I really thought this was a challenge in tanking, not dpsing :/

My furthers have been Wave 10, but had a Large Conq still up from w9 that was too much when the other 2 spawned.

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Giriko/simple
    I usually re-talent Holy Avenger into Divine Purpose and Exe Sentence into Light's Hammer.

Help, please?
    It's just how it is designed for the most part. I think they intended having mobs left up be part of the tanking challenge. Figuring out how to pick up a new wave of mobs with a mob(s) still up and which ones to then prioritize is an important skill for a tank so when I did it I just assumed that was part of the design and not that there was an inherent lack of dps. Granted when I had mobs left up it was only 1 and under 50% HP, nothing too hard to deal with.

Maybe you don't deserve Gold Medal unless you find a way around? I mean, this is 3rd level of difficulty for a reason.

Just utilise the fire on the ground as much as you can; it's often worth taking a couple of ticks of it to position the mobs to stand in it.
    That's about all you can do, only other thing you can manipulate for more damage is keeping up more of the adds, assuming you can handle the survivability aspect of it (ie, damage them more evenly) as the aoe damage the npc does is much higher than the single target damage.

10+ Year Old Account