Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    funny thing is ppl who open threads about other classes being op never reached 2.200 rating

  2. #22
    Why are people so obsessed with rank 1 viability anyways when 99,9% of people havent and never will get it anyways :O (me included, I´m horrible)
    What you need to realise is that your communication, team composition and skill makes far more difference than your class. I´m pretty sure that since WotLK there has been rank 1 with every single class every single season (propably even BC, but I cant remember any merciless glad hunter on top of my head). I´m not saying that classes are balanced or have ever been but before complaining you might want to work on 3 things I mentioned earlier

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    Even when mages aren't OP, people still find ways to complain about them. Hilarious, OP. /clap
    Excuse me? theres not one moonkin right now on US who isnt above 2200...i think i have a godamn right to complain when i pay 15 dollars a month to play the spec that i want to play and be able to achieve high rating....i can assure u...its not a L2P issue...so honestly get ******. If you dont think mages are broken then ur retarded.....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    funny thing is ppl who open threads about other classes being op never reached 2.200 rating
    YE MAN THERES NO MOONKIN RIGHT NOW ABOVE 2200 ON US - YEE MAN NEVER REACHED IT BECAUSE EVEN THE BEST KOREAN MOONKIN IAMZOD HAS QUIT MOONKIN U STUPID FUCK HOLY SHIT. Do some godamn research before you say stupid comments like that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    theres also more frost mages above 2200 than feral and resto combined.................................................................................. ..............so explain that to me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    This is an excellent point and something a lot of people seem to forget, Druids are called a hybrid class for a reason.
    So with that logic - Spriests are hybrids and shouldnt reach high rating - same with Shamans. Using ur logic , these specs shudnt reach high rating because they are a "hybrid".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Silfreon View Post
    Why are people so obsessed with rank 1 viability anyways when 99,9% of people havent and never will get it anyways :O (me included, I´m horrible)
    What you need to realise is that your communication, team composition and skill makes far more difference than your class. I´m pretty sure that since WotLK there has been rank 1 with every single class every single season (propably even BC, but I cant remember any merciless glad hunter on top of my head). I´m not saying that classes are balanced or have ever been but before complaining you might want to work on 3 things I mentioned earlier
    I feel like if u do arena, u either go for high rating or dont play at all....

    - - - Updated - - -

    honestly sick of just people posting ignorant things when they actually have NO idea about anything at all in arena. Go to the ladders right now AND look how many specs/classes there are above 2200, and compare it to others...

    Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-10-02 at 10:34 AM.

  4. #24
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mal'Ganis - US
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    This is an excellent point and something a lot of people seem to forget, Druids are called a hybrid class for a reason.
    So with that logic - Spriests are hybrids and shouldnt reach high rating - same with Shamans. Using ur logic , these specs shudnt reach high rating because they are a "hybrid".
    Did you even read the message that he was responding to before quoting him? He was responding to a post that said you are complaining about 1 spec being viable for R1 vs all 3 specs of mage. That is not a fair comparison. If you want to compare something along those lines, then you must look at your whole class which is a "hybrid" class vs the whole class of mage.

    inb4 ban for your curse-filled rant

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Warriors weren't even Gladiator viable let alone rank 1 viable in s5. And they were nowhere near rank 1 viable in s11. They were also barely if at all rank 1 viable last season.
    Resto druid and War with mace stun say hi........ (forget the season but was over 2 seasons)
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    Excuse me? theres not one moonkin right now on US who isnt above 2200...i think i have a godamn right to complain when i pay 15 dollars a month to play the spec that i want to play and be able to achieve high rating....i can assure u...its not a L2P issue...so honestly get ******. If you dont think mages are broken then ur retarded.....

    - - - Updated - - -



    YE MAN THERES NO MOONKIN RIGHT NOW ABOVE 2200 ON US - YEE MAN NEVER REACHED IT BECAUSE EVEN THE BEST KOREAN MOONKIN IAMZOD HAS QUIT MOONKIN U STUPID FUCK HOLY SHIT. Do some godamn research before you say stupid comments like that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    theres also more frost mages above 2200 than feral and resto combined.................................................................................. ..............so explain that to me.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So with that logic - Spriests are hybrids and shouldnt reach high rating - same with Shamans. Using ur logic , these specs shudnt reach high rating because they are a "hybrid".

    - - - Updated - - -



    I feel like if u do arena, u either go for high rating or dont play at all....

    - - - Updated - - -

    honestly sick of just people posting ignorant things when they actually have NO idea about anything at all in arena. Go to the ladders right now AND look how many specs/classes there are above 2200, and compare it to others...

    Infracted
    theres currently 5 moonkins over 2200 on eu and even 2300 and btw they cant make every spec rank 1 viable

    i dont see prot paladins complaining about not being able to push rank 1 exept for towliee and hes a fken scrub aswell

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Resto druid and War with mace stun say hi........ (forget the season but was over 2 seasons)
    I very clearly outlined which seasons I'm talking about. And NONE of them had mace stun in them as that was removed going from tBC to WotLK.

    And I love people claiming things I've said as false without any explanation. Everything I stated in my previous post is accurate. Warlocks have never ever EVER not been rank 1 viable. Rets and uh dks have both been rank 1 viable every season since s5. Warriors have had a total of 3 shitty seasons that's still fewer than uh dks and rets but they were in an exceptionally shitty state during them. And no CLASS has ever been as non-PvP viable as warriors were in s5.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  8. #28
    I'll just drop this here for you.

    PvP is more about how you play your class than about numbers. Stop treating statistics as if they were god-given rules set in stone. Or in other words, just because mages are better represented in upper tiers it doesn't mean other classes are not viable. Like ever. There isn't even any reason to explain this. You're shouting class imbalance all around as if that would change anything, but reality is, this is merely an excuse for lacking player performance. True class balance can never be achieved in a game with so many classes that have to be diverse in order to make sense. It's a delusion that'll never happen and should never happen, so why won't you just stop ranting about things on forums and start playing for real already?
    There are too many design flaws in your game. As a result, your customers' game experience may be degraded. Fire or replace the failing developers if you don't want to see this message again.

  9. #29
    Is it some sort of tradition in wow to be constantly hating on mages?

  10. #30
    Mages have never had a bad season. In fact almost every season Mages have been OP. But, Blizzard says there is no Mage favortism. As a Hunter I've had to endure Seasons where my class as not even playable in Arena. Warriors and Rogues have both had seasons where they were unplayable. Warlocks have had horrible seasons as well. Mages on the other hand have enjoyed being dominant since Ghostcrawler took office.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    As a Hunter I've had to endure Seasons where my class as not even playable in Arena.
    I'd say Blizzard has paid you back in full this expansion, and then some.

  12. #32
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,722
    The OP should play a mage, moonkins are silly and this whole make off specs viable bullshit doesnt work. Blizzard should keep mages where they have been all this time and raise 1 spec of every class to that level, but moonkin would not be that spec, Resto would be, and practically is.

    GC and Holinka are far too stupid to be able to balance more then a dozen specs. They have manged to bungle balance so badly that you at once fear getting gibbed in a short duration stun while fearing losing to a time out sudden death mechanic "The Crowd Chooses You."

    The mage model is correct. Other classes just need to be brought to that level with the same amount of care put into ONE of their specs EVERY PATCH.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  13. #33
    you arent rank 1 viable as a player, not because you play a boomkin.

    mages are strong because RMP/MLS have great synergy with tons of different DRs and utilities.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Come full 522 gear and you'll see ppls complaining about being soloed in deep once more.
    They don't even need deep to kill you now. Lining up all procs counts everything as frozen and icicles can't crit. Deep only helps setup the kill, it use to be nothing then insane dmg every 30sec now it can just be insane dmg whenever.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    They don't even need deep to kill you now. Lining up all procs counts everything as frozen and icicles can't crit. Deep only helps setup the kill, it use to be nothing then insane dmg every 30sec now it can just be insane dmg whenever.
    How is this any different than a boomkin getting a streak of starsurge procs or an elemental shaman getting a ton of lava bursts in a row or a fire mage spitting out 5 pyros back to back?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    How is this any different than a boomkin getting a streak of starsurge procs or an elemental shaman getting a ton of lava bursts in a row or a fire mage spitting out 5 pyros back to back?
    moonkins RARELY get a streak of starsurge procs since the nerf
    Ele shamans i can understand that
    The thing is though dude, Fingers of frost procs just defeat the purpose of novaing or deeping someone and for some reason they are getting A LOT of FOF procs this season? maybe nerf the proc chance on that a little bit....Imagine if every one of my starsurge procs had 100% chance to crit...would it be fair?

    - - - Updated - - -

    As of right now the classes above 2.2k are as follows
    27 mages 53 shamans 9 death knights 15 rogues 31 druids (1 of which is moonkin might i add) 36 priests 21 warlocks 53 warriors 24 paladins 10 monks.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    How is this any different than a boomkin getting a streak of starsurge procs or an elemental shaman getting a ton of lava bursts in a row or a fire mage spitting out 5 pyros back to back?
    Because a mage can take the rng out of it while the other listed are 100% rng based.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    moonkins RARELY get a streak of starsurge procs since the nerf
    Ele shamans i can understand that
    The thing is though dude, Fingers of frost procs just defeat the purpose of novaing or deeping someone and for some reason they are getting A LOT of FOF procs this season? maybe nerf the proc chance on that a little bit....Imagine if every one of my starsurge procs had 100% chance to crit...would it be fair?

    - - - Updated - - -

    As of right now the classes above 2.2k are as follows
    27 mages 53 shamans 9 death knights 15 rogues 31 druids (1 of which is moonkin might i add) 36 priests 21 warlocks 53 warriors 24 paladins 10 monks.
    You do realize if they didn't have "100% crit chance" they would be buff in some other way to compensate so it would be almost the same exact thing so saying "it isn't fair" is really stupid.

    You need to state why it makes them unbalanced. Frankly all i see from reading this is "This class is better than mine atm so nurf it". Some more insight into why you believe this would be nice.

    BTW, Correlation does not imply causation, Just because there are alot of mages over 2200 does not instantly mean the class is op.

  19. #39
    Boomkin not being great is completely independent of how good mages are. If you want to whine that boomkins should be better, fine. But that's not a reason for mages not to be strong. Ideally, everything would be "viable," and really, every class is (admittedly to varying degrees).

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Is it some sort of tradition in wow to be constantly hating on mages?
    I've been here since Vanilla - the answer is yes (back then, we were lovingly referred to as the "3min" mages). Once you've put in a few years on the class, you just grow thick skin and giggle every time a rant like this comes along.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    you arent rank 1 viable as a player, not because you play a boomkin.

    mages are strong because RMP/MLS have great synergy with tons of different DRs and utilities.
    *Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*, there's no place for logic and reason in such threads - begone!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •