Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    I wish my guild give me ret gear but raiding with a blood tank and a warrior arms/fury/tank is just impossible to get ret gear
    Typically we are at the bottom of the offspec table.

That said Holy can be one of the best swing healers but as I alluded its really comp dependent. If for instance you have a leather and avoidance (warrior) tank, or 2 leather tanks or something, and 0-1 plate DPS, you'll probably be a great swing healer (especially if your caster team is cloth heavy).

If you have like 2 plate tanks or 1-2 plate DPS or better yet combo of both and you have only 1-2 cloth users, your priest is better off swinging. But swing healing as a priest can be a PITA, coming from someone who did so in an alt run last tier.

With regards to switching specs while progression raiding, yes you applied as one spec, but that doesn't mean you cant use another spec. If its up to your raidleader to ask you to dps instead of heal for a progression fight, I really cant see why it would be a problem. You are there to progress, if you switching from healer to dps gets the boss down, congratulations!! You helped the progression of your guild.

But with regards to healing as a paladin, I'm currently on my 3rd paladin toon now, and after last healing in wotlk ( tanked since BC, OS as holy ). I really miss being the TANK/single target healer, I mean, your job was to keep that tank alive, therefore each healer had their roles. Now Blizzard have basically made all healers almost the same, they all have single target heals, aoe heals, dots blah blah blah, I mean really? I a damn Paladin, I've always overhealed EVERYTHING due to my stupidly high crit heals, and single target spells. Now I feel like a freaking aoe spamming healer, I guess this is what druids and holy priests felt like in wotlk ><

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Typically we are at the bottom of the offspec table.

That said Holy can be one of the best swing healers but as I alluded its really comp dependent. If for instance you have a leather and avoidance (warrior) tank, or 2 leather tanks or something, and 0-1 plate DPS, you'll probably be a great swing healer (especially if your caster team is cloth heavy).

If you have like 2 plate tanks or 1-2 plate DPS or better yet combo of both and you have only 1-2 cloth users, your priest is better off swinging. But swing healing as a priest can be a PITA, coming from someone who did so in an alt run last tier.
    I have yet to see a 2H weapon since tier 14 LOL