[BrM] When to replace T15 2pc

Edit: talking about Brewmaster 2pc T15

I've searched for an answer to this question, hoping someone here might have a sound answer.

I've ditched the T15 4-pc by replacing two of the items with Warforged items. When is the time to replace the 2pc? They are both 530 items. AMR is saying these items are better than heroic warforged items, so I'm confused.

The 6% shuffle should have a mastery value when proc'd, my napkin math was something like 6-7k. Is this accurate? If so, I suppose I could review my logs and come up with an uptime value and how much purifying is going on, but that seems like a ton of work.

Is the T15 2pc really that powerful? Seems strange that it's better than heroic warforged items.
    Last edited by Tinykong; 2013-10-02 at 03:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you have 4p t16. 2pt15 is incredibly strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    AMR weights the T15 2p by giving it a mastery value which is roughly (6% *960 rating *~0.5 uptime) so ~2880 mastery. The T16 2p is weighted as an armor value and I'd have to check how they baked in the 4p healing I 'think' as a score increase %. I plan to make the switch once I have the T16 4p ready to go which will probably be with HC tokens anyways.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

In the future, please include spec in your title or immediately in the OP. I had to read half your post to find out which spec you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    I agree with this statement.

The stat boost from the new gear is fairly significant, if you're going from normal T15 -> normal T16, or normal T15 -> heroic T16 (not quite so much heroic T15 -> normal T16).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh... I didn't even realize this was BrM before the edit... I was thinking MW. Of course, keeping the previous set as long as you can is usually a good idea anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally broke my 4p last night as a trash pair of gloves dropped replacing my normal ToT T15 gloves, I will likely be holding onto my H T15 pants and shoulders until everyone else on our token has 4p then I will start looking at going for my 4p.

My raid group has had terrible luck with drops, we have a DK tank and the majority of loot has been DPS or Healing Plate. Gotta love 10 mans....

Speaking of how awesome T15 is, I don't think I feel as strongly as you guys do. Sure "mathematically" you can translate the boost that way but it's not just about math. Fight is another problem. That's why I started a thread earlier to ask according to ptr test how ppl feel. Unfortunately, everyone was just talking about how strong T15 is and not gonna replace etc. In ToT there was more constant physical damage / physical spikes, while magic damage was usually harmless or no more than just few spikes. So T15 was godly at that time. But In SoO there is more constant pressure of magic damage (Galakras, Iron Juggernaut, Thok, Garrosh, etc), where T15 doesn't really help but T16 gives you decent solution to that.

Right now I feel like my monk takes like no damage from physical (I'm 15 ilvl lower than my co-tank dk, while he got hammered by Wind-reaver and I take like no damage. I usually ended up purifying harmless yellow stagger with my T15 procs), but very vulnerable to magic damage. Then why would I want to boost my good enough physical damage taken and keep being vulnerable to magic? If you have t15H 4pc and all other heroic thunderforged pieces and all sick geared healers to get your back, surely that magic damage might not be a problem to you. But to less geared ppl like me it's very viable to switch before you get t16 4pc.
    Last edited by jasonleekungfu; 2013-10-03 at 06:23 PM.

Yeah, there's not a huge value in 2pT15 this tier. It's useful for solo tanking Malk blood rages, but 4pT16 is far superior in that encounter. Other than execute (which is laughable in damage), and Korven's viscious assault, I can't actually think of a telegraphed hard hitting physical attack that you can use 2pT15 to mitigate, unlike last tier's triple puncture, snapping bite, talon rake, hard stare, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Yeah, there's not a huge value in 2pT15 this tier. It's useful for solo tanking Malk blood rages, but 4pT16 is far superior in that encounter. Other than execute (which is laughable in damage), and Korven's viscious assault, I can't actually think of a telegraphed hard hitting physical attack that you can use 2pT15 to mitigate, unlike last tier's triple puncture, snapping bite, talon rake, hard stare, etc.
    I agree. Initially I really didn't like our new tier. However it has grown on me. I feel that for this tier of content it isn't bad at all.