Malkorok Group Weakaura

Hey guys, I was trying to make a weakaura to track the shield buff on my entire group for Malkorok and display it as a bar. I found this one on WowAce which is a personal one in a bar format, but I'm not sure how or if it's possible to expand this to a group aura with auto cloning in a dynamic group since it has custom triggers and untriggers.

Code:
    d4JulaGEqkUnq1UivkBdQOttPzsvr6WsmBQy(aQ6MaQW5bW3aP6XKYoHkTxs2nH9R(jGknmazCak)LI6suvedgnCa6GG4uaLJrQ6CueTqizPKkPfdklx0IOkpvkldQ65azIuOPcQAYuW0jAuGKRsr6zuv46qSrsLQzbP2SuTDqk9rQkQ(kvY0OQ0NPQAKaQOllmAqLXtr4KuvuUfPsCnsf3Jk1kL0VHYRHkSsVcEvdCvZGQzqbVQzcGBVdkKkC1fD0n96njWGUpaYxCcmORJQHiKP1V)ivWRAAiGKyGRADeHM0IjGcSRZ5CA7tbMCAQWkngWq6DO8a0PaqKEONEUIcoMqeA2qiNOkzAJ0dSjwofyYPPcR0yadP3HYdqNcar6HE6brOzdHCIQKPnspWMy5uGjNMkSsJbmKEhkpaDkaePh6PxtMyc)ticnBiKtuLmTr6b2ucxiUoNZ5CoNzirsXuMiX15CodHHRHWW1RxVEvjvndwqa6uaa(WesFA0LQ2CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZPpbKQjtRF)rQGx1KaayOAAiGKyGRAAiGKyGBgoRHq10qajXax10qajXa3SeaadvdKSiraPAAiGKyGRADeHM0IjGcSRZ5C6cIzuLmTrAmGH07t3ZEXbuCDoNtBFAQWkngWq6DO8a0PaqKEONEUIcoMqeA2qiNOkzAJ0dS5aV7PW6mLWfIRZ5CoNZPliMrvY0gPXagsVpDp9CffCmHi0SHqorvY0gP315CodHHRZ5CA7ttfwPXagsVdLhGofaI0d90dIqZgc5evjtBKEGnh4DpfwNPeUqCDoNZ5CoDbXmQsM2ingWq69P7PheHMneYjQsM2i9UoNZzimCDoNtBFAQWkngWq6DO8a0PaqKEONEnzIj8pHi0SHqorvY0gPhyZbE3tH1zkHlexNZ5CoNtxqmJQKPnsJbmKEF6E61KjMW)eIqZgc5evjtBKExNZ5megUoNZPTpDbXmQsM2ingWq69PB3ZEXbumLWfIRZ5CoNZzgsKum7fhqX15CodHHRZ5CMHejftzIexdHHRxVE9QQPHasIbUrKSiTycvRJi0KwmbuGDDoNtBFkWKtxqmJQKPnsJbmKEFkHleZRZ5CoNZzgsKumbcnqOb66CoNHWW15CoDW0kotxqmJQKPnYMfAIP7jOWj0KqPxh0MkSsJbmKEhkpaDkaePh6PliMrvY0gPXagsVdgyxNZ5mdjskMUGygvjtBKnl0eONMkSsGZO4iHd4OycO8a0PaqKEGHEktK4AimC961RxVEv10qajXah3c4HQ1reAslMakWUoNZzgsKumDbXmQsM2ingWq69RHWW1RxVE96vvlG2qibPAMIRpdEZqmvxHOAAWfA4q1cOnesvtdbKed8MSOHdqQwhrOjTycOa76CoN2(uGjNUGygvjtBKgdyi9(ucxiUoNZzgsKumdHH5CoVoNZPdMwXz6cIzuLmTr2SqtmDpbfoHMek96G2uHvAmGH07q5bOtbGi9qpDbXmQsM2ingWq6DWa76CoNzirsX0feZOkzAJSzHMyoNZRHWW1RxvsvZbRyqbVQLyoHcEvdCehPvbVsQKQgcOWSiG2ivWusvRiSGxKwmHcEvd8IvOGx1mGKfPftOA6vnjaagQMgcijg4QgcOWSgMdwQqPAAyoyjefU6vnnmhSuxv6Uo4XdDOde0bgq4HUo6XPp8v11fD0r1aPvCcau4Qx1koacxrHlqQgiTItycfU6vnau4cKQPH5GLWdaGHQPHasIbUQPH5GL(CfU6vntOWfivtdZbl1DeHMQLHejfZoIqtAXeqbyI5pdqGqpt9ON(1JEctp6zrp6zIh90pE0ty4rpl4b76CoN2(0feZOkzAJ0yadP3Nd8UNcRZucxiUoNZ5CoN2(0feZOkzAJ0yadP3NUDp9Gi0SHqorvY0gP3ucxiUoNZ5CoNZ5C6GPvCMj(P7jq6MjXPVqhiDagWW7dDWBsFVoNZ5CoNZ5C6GPvCM(XpDp1FDoNZ5CoNZ50btR4mHHF6EcKUH3hMeVEDWjWWjEO7Ro6VoNZ5CoNZ5C6GPvCMf8t3t9xNZ5CoNZ5CoZqIKIzIhTF8OHHhDb)15CoNZ5megUoNZ5CoN2(0feZOkzAJ0yadP3NUDp9AYet4FcrOzdHCIQKPnsVPeUqCDoNZ5CoNZ5mdjskMjE0(XJggE0f8xNZ5CoNZqy46CoNZ5CA7txqmJQKPnsJbmKEF6290ZvuWXeIqZgc5evjtBKEtjCHyoNZ5CoNZRZ5CoNZ5CoNzirsXm1J2VE0W0JUO)6CoNZ5CgcdxNZ5megUgcdQwIjlYqHlqQMgMdwIsHlqkPsQAwnmHcMQbaWT3bfsLUdmFaKECI3K64Rp0XxCcmGbKQRl(6RQLHFlMaEaamuTcswGvsvZGfeGofaGpmHuxT(HtQAtvZAq1Gi0SHqAmGH07WNfnCePQjqah(063FKGu4Qx1ajlA4aKcMsQAGuTeVjXRAqRcx9(ceqkPsb

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

so you want a dynamic group of progress bars where each bar is one person in your raid?

I could make it but what would be the point? Why not just show the debuff on the raid frames?
    If you have it in bar format you have to look at that bar, see the name, locate it on raid frames, heal them (if you are a healer). If you aren't a healer then you shouldn't be worrying about shields too much.

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    so you want a dynamic group of progress bars where each bar is one person in your raid?
    Yes correct.

Edit: I don't know if it adds much difficulty, or if it's just a matter of checking the box that says "Icon," but preferably I'd like to be able to display the icon for the current level of the barrier to the left of the bar as well. I haven't had a chance to test the WeakAura I posted, but we might be doing Malkorok tonight, so I'll have to see if the Icon check box works.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    I could make it but what would be the point? Why not just show the debuff on the raid frames?
    If you have it in bar format you have to look at that bar, see the name, locate it on raid frames, heal them (if you are a healer). If you aren't a healer then you shouldn't be worrying about shields too much.
    You may be right, but I generally find the bar format easier to understand at a glance, and if I have them positioned right next to my raid frames, I don't anticipate it being very difficult to translate. Our raid is always organized very similarly, with tanks/rl's in group 1, healers in group 2, melee in group 3/4, ranged in group 4/5. I also generally organize them by class, so all the Warlocks will be in the same group, etc. So it's very easy to find specific people in my raid since I always know where they are. Worst case scenario, this doesn't work for me and I learned something new about WeakAuras and LUA. Best case, it helps me and some of my other healers to more efficiently heal the encounter.
    Last edited by Rarch; 2013-10-02 at 10:18 PM.

I just want to make sure you realize the "shield buff" on this fight is actually 3 different debuffs, not one. So you will end up having to make 3 different bars per person you are trying to track. The 3 shield debuffs are: Weak Ancient Barrier, Ancient Barrier, and Strong Ancient Barrier. I guess you could probably make 1 bar and track all 3 buffs together, but not sure if it would color the bar correctly.

Honestly, trying to make bars for this buff for several players seems like a huge overkill. Adding the 3 debuffs to your grid / vuhdo etc is much much easier. For healers, its really as simple as:

-If a player has no shield, heal that player.
    -If a player has a red shield, heal that player.
    -If a player has a yellow/orange shield, heal that player.
    -If a player has a green shield, no heals are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    I just want to make sure you realize the "shield buff" on this fight is actually 3 different debuffs, not one. So you will end up having to make 3 different bars per person you are trying to track. The 3 shield debuffs are: Weak Ancient Barrier, Ancient Barrier, and Strong Ancient Barrier. I guess you could probably make 1 bar and track all 3 buffs together, but not sure if it would color the bar correctly.

Honestly, trying to make bars for this buff for several players seems like a huge overkill. Adding the 3 debuffs to your grid / vuhdo etc is much much easier. For healers, its really as simple as:

-If a player has no shield, heal that player.
    -If a player has a red shield, heal that player.
    -If a player has a yellow/orange shield, heal that player.
    -If a player has a green shield, no heals are needed.
    If you look at the weakaura I posted from WowAce, it puts all 3 of the buffs into one bar aura, so it does not require 3 auras for each person. It basically checks for which buff is present, and then displays that one, while keeping the min and max values the same for each buff. So even though it switches from Red to Yellow, the bar does not reset back to empty when it's 1 hp into Yellow, and it's not a full bar when it's 1 hp less than the max Red value.

Deleted
    I believe there's an option in WeakAuras that could do this pretty easily. The servers are down here in EU at the moment, but I'll see if I can do this once they're back up. I've done similar things before with weakauras for things like garalon debuffs, tracking mutations on Primordius etc. The good news is that *IF* this option also works for this bar, you won't actually need to make multiple bars - WA will do that automatically. If your linked WA involves some custom LUA then it'll probably be more difficult, but #yolo.