10+ Year Old Account

5.4 Blood Death Knight 'Hit/Exp > Mastery > Haste' BiS Set

Hello everyone, this post will be a quick recap on what the BiS set for Blood DKs this patch for each viable build.

Mastery/Haste Build:
    This build, the most popular take Hit/Exp cap (7.5%) as top priority, then maximizing Mastery > Haste > Stamina > Parry >= Dodge >= Strength with the DK T16 4 set bonus.

HEAD: Thranok's Shattering Helm
    NECK: Juggernaut's Ignition Keys
    SHOULDER: Shoulderguards of Cyclopean Dread
    BACK: Qian-Ying, Fortitude of Niuzao (DPS Legendary is viable if you want more haste)
    CHEST: Chestguard of Cyclopean Dread
    WRIST: Bracers of Blind Hatred
    HANDS: Handguards of Cyclopean Dread
    WAIST: Demolisher's Reinforced Belt
    LEGS: Legguards of Cyclopean Dread
    FEET: Malkorok's Giant Stompers
    RING 1: Devilfang Band
    RING 2: Bloodclaw Band
    TRINKET 1: Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal
    TRINKET 2: Thok's Tail Tip
    WEAPON: Britomart's Jagged Pike

Many of these items are added as "DPS" gear and can be coined through dps specialization but are much better than some of the tank gear for this build.
    As for the few DKs that use the Avoidance > Stamina build, its much simpler, just get any gear thats full avoidance stats and Parry > Dodge > Stamina.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and good luck to all you Blood DKs!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-Death-Knight

also you cant have a BiS. all depends on player and encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    "based off player" thats why i mentioned for this build, not everyone uses it. And most fights use this, again, for this build. not for everything, theres a totally different set for Avoidance. All of what you said gets the same response as, its for this type of build for whoever uses it.

Plus that other post had some items i disagreed with

not everyone uses it
    other post had some items i disagreed with
    do you want me to explain why i quoted these 2 or can you figure it out yourself.

use the other thread if its one up already aswell.

To each his own but the Juggernaut trinket is really bleh. I'd rather have Tank CDR and Thok's Tail Tip.

You have about 6000 Expertise in this set, that's way more than you can reforge down to 7.5%. You'll be at like 11% expertise even with it all reforged away.

No Vial of Living Corruption trinket.

Haste is not high priority for any DK (Blood, Frost, or Unholy) for any reason anymore due to GCD capping from increased resource production this patch. Some haste is still okay especially on the fights where you don't have a lot of opportunity to AMS soak, but if you want pure DPS you're going crit, if you want pure survival you're going mastery, if you want a balanced stat that is good but not optimal for both survival/DPS, you're going with Parry. Even the DKs I know of that go for top DPS ranks are using at most 15%ish haste, and most of that comes from DPS trinkets, weapon, and the DPS cloak. None of them are gemming/reforging into it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think haste is nearly as valuable as it was. Glyph of regenerative magic, more ways to proc SoB and increased parry (increasing parry haste) all go a long ways to decrease the amount of haste we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I don't think haste is nearly as valuable as it was. Glyph of regenerative magic, more ways to proc SoB and increased parry (increasing parry haste) all go a long ways to decrease the amount of haste we need.
    Im running (or trying out atm) with a D/P setup and roughly 6k less haste then before. and honestly i have more RP now then with haste build.. 2-3k haste should be more then enough now if you have some avoidance pieces

- - - Updated - - -

Im running (or trying out atm) with a D/P setup and roughly 6k less haste then before. and honestly i have more RP now then with haste build.. 2-3k haste should be more then enough now if you have some avoidance pieces

Anecdotally, I've also switched to D/P (emphasis parry) from haste (still wearing 4k haste, tried that out and was still mostly GCD capped on most fights, with a few fights were AMS couldn't fill the gaps, but I had periods of massive RP overflow too.). I've been putting red parry gems in red slots, parry/mastery in yellows, and parry/hit or parry/stam in blues. I seem to be taking less damage, but because avoidance is spiky it doesn't feel different. My dps has gone up slightly, but I've gotten other gear too.

Once I get a bit better about managing all this extra RP I'm being flooded with, I expect 0-2k haste will be ideal and my damage will go up more significantly. During this first week I've been playing sub-par in terms of runic strikes. Still not sure on trinket choices, but I'm not sure that Thok's is going to come out that great for a D/P focused build (any math out there about this?). I wonder whether Skeer's or Curse might be more competitive for tank dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryopathy View Post
    You have about 6000 Expertise in this set, that's way more than you can reforge down to 7.5%. You'll be at like 11% expertise even with it all reforged away.
    And there I thought the exp cap for tanks was 5100 or 15%

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed - I don't see a point in going haste this patch unless the haste item happens to be an ilvl upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    And there I thought the exp cap for tanks was 5100 or 15%
    Yes, it is, but for a DK the value of expertise above 7.5% is worse than crit, and worse than or close to avoidance (depending on diminishing returns and riposte uptime) for DPS, and almost worthless for survival, so if someone was following the OP's list, he would replace any piece of gear with exp on it for something else once the total exp on their gear reaches the point where they have too much to reforge it to 7.5%.