World of Logs Plus - A Tampermonkey Script

I put together a Tampermonkey and Greasemonkey script that adds in a bit more functionality to the World of Logs site.

Features
    • Add a link to the characters armory when you're browsing the world of logs reports (currently supports US and EU regions. Thanks, ccKep)
    • Add the formatting of large numbers to include commas (,) for readability.

I find it useful for when I'm digging through logs and reviewing other guilds logs or, for me specifically, other warlock logs. I like to be able to go find the characters armory to see how they're gemming, reforging, gearing, etc. I got tired of constantly having to go and search the armory for the character so I put this together.

I've also added simple formatting to numeric values in all the data tables. Seeing commas is much easier for my tiny little brain to process.

For those of you who don't know about Tampermonkey. It's a simple Chrome Plugin that allows you to manipulate a web site a little bit before it is shown to you. You can manipulate it a little (in my case) or manipulate it a lot if you really wanted to give the site an overhaul.

Anyhow, here is a screenshot and the links to download. Hope someone finds it useful.

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback. Please feel free to ask.

Downloads

Tampermonkey (Chrome)
    Tampermonkey - Download
    World of Logs Plus - Install

Greasemonkey (Firefox)
    Greasemonkey - Download
    World of Logs Plus - Install

Github Repository - For anyone who would like to see or modify the code.

Armory Links

Commas for Readability
    Last edited by virtual; 2013-10-04 at 09:44 PM.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

this should work for greasemonkey as well but it does not seem to be. Im probably doing something wrong though.

Deleted
    First and foremost: I really love this idea, thanks alot!

One thing though: You're assuming characters to be in the US armory, which is not always the case.

One little tweak I added (bold part):
    Code:
    var server = guild.realm;var characters = $("a span.DeathKnight, a span.Druid, a span.Hunter, a span.Mage, a span.Monk, a span.Paladin, a span.Priest, a span.Rogue, a span.Shaman, a span.Warlock, a span.Warrior").parent().parent();
    var armory_url = "";
    characters.each(function(index) {
        var t = $(this);
        var character_name = t.find("span").text();
        var region = "us";
        if (guild.timezone.match(/Europe/))
          region = "eu";
        armory_url = "http://" + region + ".battle.net/wow/en/character/" + server + "/" + character_name + "/advanced";

t.append("&nbsp;<small>[<a href=\"" + armory_url + "\" target=\"_new\">Armory</a>]</small>");
    });
    I understand there are other regions too, though this covers 99% of what I use WoL for - so I just didn't care

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    First and foremost: I really love this idea, thanks alot!
    Sure thing. I'm glad others are enjoying it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    One thing though: You're assuming characters to be in the US armory, which is not always the case.
    Very good point. Thanks for reminding me that the US is not the only region.

I've added in your code. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    I love you
    I love you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    this should work for greasemonkey as well but it does not seem to be. Im probably doing something wrong though.
    That is a very good point. I haven't tested the script in Greasemonkey yet, but I will certainly do that tomorrow. Thanks for mentioning!
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook

Deleted
    This is one hell of an idea, so thank you very much.

If you could make it work for greasemonkey since I don't use chrome I would be even more appreciated.
    Bookmarking this thread, one of the best ever in mmo.

PS: I've managed it to make it work with greasemonkey, armory link is now displaying but it made the dmg/hps graphics and other images dissapear.
    Last edited by mmocee1afc7f2c; 2013-10-04 at 02:17 PM.

And perhaps remove http: for those that always browse all sites in https:

line 6:
    // @match //worldoflogs.com/reports/*

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't get it to work . It simply doesn't show any sort of link for me.

Quote Originally Posted by extazyz View Post
    PS: I've managed it to make it work with greasemonkey, armory link is now displaying but it made the dmg/hps graphics and other images dissapear.
    Could you let me know what you did? I've been trying to get it to load in Greasemonkey, but it's just not reading the file like I expect it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Snabe View Post
    And perhaps remove http: for those that always browse all sites in https:
    Very good catch. Thank you. I updated it so that it loads if the "www" is included as well.

new match: *://*.worldoflogs.com/reports/*

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    I can't get it to work . It simply doesn't show any sort of link for me.
    Can you provide a screenshot of what's happening? Do you have the Tampermonkey plugin loaded?
    Last edited by virtual; 2013-10-04 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does nothing. I have tampermonkey enabled, but it says no script is loaded and I've tried to enable it but it does nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow nvm, it all the sudden started working. Ignore my badness please.
    Last edited by Art3x; 2013-10-04 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    It does nothing. I have tampermonkey enabled, but it says no script is loaded and I've tried to enable it but it does nothing.
    Try snagging the latest version. I just updated some of the URL matches.

And, on a sidenote, from that screenshot you posted ... it won't actually load the script at that point. It only loads the script when you're on the worldoflogs.com site viewing reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I noticed that when it began working.

I went back after I put the SS and reinstalled and whatever you changed made it work.

Awesome work, and thanks.

Deleted
    I just installed the script u upped to userscripts.

It's working fine, except when it's loaded I cant see the graphics like for eg:

http://imgur.com/zeOgdB3&sSK3ItL

Quote Originally Posted by extazyz View Post
    I just installed the script u upped to userscripts.

It's working fine, except when it's loaded I cant see the graphics like for eg:

http://imgur.com/zeOgdB3&sSK3ItL
    If you grab the latest Greasemonkey version from the link up above in the original post, it should be fixed for you. Let me know if it works.

Thanks for the screenshot!