Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Retire at 40 with 50k? You plan on dying at 42?
    50k won't last long if you retire at 40. You'd need to live on noodles, water and go without any modern luxuries.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    50k won't last long if you retire at 40. You'd need to live on noodles, water and go without any modern luxuries.

5k for shitty RV, 3k for all the gear I'd need, set up shop in oregon. Never have to spend much money at all, ever. I can just work when I'm bored. Sounds like retirement to me. Having everything you need and none of it can be taken away.

10+ Year Old Account
    The storys great but you might want to talk to someone about that addiction if your willing to play at 10 FPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonousIvy View Post
    5k for shitty RV, 3k for all the gear I'd need, set up shop in oregon. Never have to spend much money at all, ever. I can just work when I'm bored. Sounds like retirement to me. Having everything you need and none of it can be taken away.
    Sounds like a paupers life, but thats fine if it suits you.

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    The storys great but you might want to talk to someone about that addiction if your willing to play at 10 FPS
    typically I talk to mmo-champion about it you guys have a pretty insightful viewpoint

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Sounds like a paupers life, but thats fine if it suits you.
    happiness can be simple if you let it my brother

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonousIvy View Post
    typically I talk to mmo-champion about it you guys have a pretty insightful viewpoint

- - - Updated - - -

happiness can be simple if you let it my brother
    Thats fine if you don't mind living as a bachelor for the rest of your life barely scraping a living, personally I like living in a big house with lots of food and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Thats fine if you don't mind living as a bachelor for the rest of your life barely scraping a living, personally I like living in a big house with lots of food and drink.
    I am asexual and pretty lacking in the human needs department. I have few ideals, but the ideals I have are beautiful and one day I'll be able to have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnyelle View Post
    How can you even enjoy playing the game with FPS that low? I feel like I would just get frustrated and quit. Congrats on the job though!
    addictions are rarely about actual enjoyment, even in cases where they started as such.

@OP: gz! :]

First thing I did when I got a job was to buy myself a badass computer. It's in the sign I used to play on a below req comp also so I know your pain!

Deleted
    Sounds just like me. Used to play wow during WOTLK for like year with my mini laptop and raid with 0.1 - 2 fps. (No, I'm not even kidding here.....) Still I tanked like a boss, but well it was easy ICC bossess.

Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    Are you working to afford a toaster and get back to NEETdom or will you continue being part of the moneymaking workforce. If you are doing the second it would be better for you to aim higher hardware.

WoW is pretty awful for a NEET, there isn't enough stuff to do, if you don't want to quit WoW the healthiest way to do it is to keep working and maybe raise your standards of living to the point you can use the game as what it is, just game, and not an outlet to your gaming addiction.

Retirement is just glorified NEETdom btw
    WoW was the only game I've ever found fun in my whole entire life. I didn't once speak about playing another game. I didn't even like skyrim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    What pushed you to this lifestyle, did you do it on your own, or was there a real reason for you to not being able to work/study before?
    Extreme panic attacks whenever I found myself near any person, I would literally run and hide until I was at least 1 mile away from any person, I spent a lot of time in the woods at first but eventually just stayed at home. I'm fine now though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptah View Post
    Sounds just like me. Used to play wow during WOTLK for like year with my mini laptop and raid with 0.1 - 2 fps. (No, I'm not even kidding here.....) Still I tanked like a boss, but well it was easy ICC bossess.
    I thought I was the only one! Hello brother!

I can't stop myself com calling BS on this story, sorry.
    Asexual, panic attacks, hiding in the woods, 10 years playing wow on 10_ fps, retiring at 40 to live in a RV and play wow till you die, give me a break, trying too hard on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartide_ysera View Post
    I can't stop myself com calling BS on this story, sorry.
    Asexual, panic attacks, hiding in the woods, 10 years playing wow on 10_ fps, retiring at 40 to live in a RV and play wow till you die, give me a break, trying too hard on this one.
    sorry man, if i decided to post my legit thoughts and feelings about life you guys would just be very angry. im simply talking about what i wish to do without giving the thoughts behind them, because they're rather extreme from what people have told me