Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post

Being gay also hurts other people. It makes me nauseous and uncomfortable to see 2 guys or girls kissing in a public park.

As an asexual, watching ANYONE kiss in a public park makes me nauseous and uncomfortable.

You don't see me going on a rage against straight people.

That's your issue, not other people's, that you feel you have to demonize them and decide they want to "buck societal norms" (and you know, get killed or maimed for it).

Deleted
    How did a thread about homosexuality turn into a discussion on pedophilia.. the fuck is wrong with you people!

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    So if people want to be pedophiles thats cool to cause they are born that way?
    Sometimes I wonder what did they think back in the day when they wrote the rights? Like:
    -Damn man, we need to write some rights around here because people can't see right from wrong.
    -Yeah but what if someone like uses those rights to say that being gay is the same thing as being a pedophile?
    -Surely people can use common sense then... right?
    -Ummm, I don't know, we got plenty of weirdos...
    -Damn... Welp, good thing we Humans aren't immortal right? Won't have to live with the guilt from other's mistakes for long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    It's not gay propaganda, it's human rights propaganda. Every human being has the right to be what he/or she wants, and that's none of anyone elses business. Alot of people think that homosexuality is something you 'convert' to, and that is ignorant. Nobody chooses their sexuality.
    This lacks proof too. Real proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    How did a thread about homosexuality turn into a discussion on pedophilia.. the fuck is wrong with you people!
    People struggle to find fault with homosexuality without being hypocritical so they have to take it to absurd and extreme places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being gay also hurts other people. It makes me nauseous and uncomfortable to see 2 guys or girls kissing in a public park.
    You feeling uncomfortable and nauseous isn't you being hurt though, so how does being gay hurt people?*

*Ladies, anal sex is painfree...don't believe the hype.

Someday down the road, the people of the future will look back at us and be like "wtf was wrong with them?" just the same way most of us look back at the 40's and wonder how people could be so racist and narrow minded. In the end, the only way for change to happen is to let time pass, and let the older generations die out that hold on to old ideals.

Really? I think it's cute. Unless it's a full-on makeout session, which annoys me no matter what type of couple it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    *Ladies, anal sex is painfree...don't believe the hype.
    Wtf! Lies. >.>

Im gonna smack the next person who thinks being gay is a choice. If you have not tAken a basic anatomy and physiology course, simply put, you dont know how it works. In lay mans terms being gay is simply having a sex drive of a heterosexual woman and possibly a limited amount of female heterosexual secondary sex characteristics. You have no god damn choice on how youre genes and dna put you together, stop this choice bullshit

Deleted
    There's nothing epic about that letter. And f*ck off with your gay propaganda. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against gays. I even have a gay friend or two. But why must it be such an issue on the internet? Why must they get so much attention? It seriously pisses me off that they get put on a pedestal, they're not better than heterosexual people!

Besides, seems to me that the grandfather is hypocritical towards his daughter. He does the same shit to his daughter as his daughter does to her son. Not exactly something to be proud of. He could've just said something about not being proud of her and choosing to take care of the boy, but no.. he had to break contact as well. Yeah, that's not epic at all. You should be the better person in such a situation, don't fight ignorance with more ignorance.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-10-04 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Im gonna smack the next person who thinks being gay is a choice. If you have not tAken a basic anatomy and physiology course, simply put, you dont know how it works. In lay mans terms being gay is simply having a sex drive of a heterosexual woman and possibly a limited amount of female heterosexual secondary sex characteristics. You have no god damn choice on how youre genes and dna put you together, stop this choice bullshit
    Choice or not, does it matter? It baffles my mind that so many people have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Choice or not, does it matter? It baffles my mind that so many people have a problem with it.
    I agree no biggy, i was just under the assumption that everyone knew its not a choice, so when i hear someone say its a choice i just do a mini facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    But why must it be such an issue on the internet? Why must they get so much attention? It seriously pisses me off that they get put on a pedestal, they're not better than heterosexual people!
    What are you? Jealous?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Besides, seems to me that the grandfather is hypocritical towards his daughter. He does the same shit to his daughter as his daughter does to her son. Not exactly something to be proud of. He could've just said something about not being proud of her and choosing to take care of the boy, but no.. he had to break contant as well. Yeah, that's not epic at all. You should be the better person in such a situation, don't fight ignorance with more ignorance.
    The daughter dissowned her son. The grandfather dissowned a bitch. See? There is the difference.

If true, it wouldn't surprise me if he did it in hopes of shocking some sense into her, since it seems like he left he door open to further communication.

I wish people (including myself sometimes) wouldn't rise to the bait of fuckwits who want to compare homosexuality to pedophilia. I guess there's some merit to trying to educate them, but I doubt they're the type of people who would change their minds anyway.

The daughter dissowned her son. The grandfather dissowned a bitch. See? There is the difference.
    A daughter dissowned her son, and a father dissowned his daughter. No difference except genders.

A man in my family... Well; pretty much got kicked out of it because he refuses to accept one of his own children on the basis of their sexuality (homosexual).
    So yeah; things like this can actually happen. Though when people do things like this (like disowning their children because of their sex), then oftentimes, it's just one of many things that put families against them.
    I would gather that in the case of both my family as well as that of the grandfather in the OP, that is just the final drop; a point where accepting that person's world-views and opinions is simply no longer possible. Before that point, that person's opinions and world-views might have been irritating, and even, to some degree, harmful, but the family could still somewhat mitigate for it and pretend it wasn't happening. But such outright bigotry, that hurts members of your family directly, and even seeks to remove those members from the family, is simply unacceptable. It's the last straw, the final drop.

A daughter dissowned her son, and a father dissowned his daughter. No difference except genders.
    The daughter deserved it for being retarded though.

Could have been handled differently. He could have just said, "I'm very disappointed in you, I raised you to be accepting of others and I'm appalled at the way you are treating my grandson. He will be staying with me for the time being", or something similar. "Saying goodbye" (aka disowning) isn't being the bigger person, it's acting the same way your daughter is, she just happens to be a homophobe.

So your all for gay rights but then use the term "retarded" with no regard for anyone else. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Could have been handled differently. He could have just said, "I'm very disappointed in you, I raised you to be accepting of others and I'm appalled at the way you are treating my grandson. He will be staying with me for the time being", or something similar. "Saying goodbye" (aka disowning) isn't being the bigger person, it's acting the same way your daughter is, she just happens to be a homophobe.
    It's only fair. He also gave her a choice. She could just as easily take her son back and be accepted into the family.

- - - Updated - - -

So your all for gay rights but then use the term "retarded" with no regard for anyone else. Interesting...
    Well, I knew I should have said that it's being an insult to mentally disabled people. It's more than an insult actually. Saying that bitch of a daughter is retarded is an insult to the entire human race tbh.