Combat rogue - when do you Adrenaline Rush?

I am new to combat and I have some noob questions regarding the timing of Adrenaline Rush.
    I read some guide suggesting to use AR on cooldown. But I noticed this http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84654. Should I wait for the 30% then pop AR? It will take about 15ish secs after opening to reach 30% and my trinket proc is normally over by then. So AR with 9000ish agi trinket proc or AR with Deep insight (granted it will be better to AR with both but it seems unlikely).

/bad english over.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i pop AR i usually wait just a few seconds after killing spree.

Use it on cooldown. The higher uptime produced by not wasting Restless Blades is much, much more important than lining it up with Deep Insight.

On cooldown with blades, but to START the fight, I suggest spree first.

I normally start fights as combat like this:

I build to green, and with low energy, pop spree. Then I usually use something that costs energy and pop blades/AR. Then I run normal rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open attack -> slice -> killing spree -> adrenaline rush and shadowblades, then use them on CD. Don't use Adrenaline rush during phase changes, you want to be able to attack during entire adrenaline rush, so that you reset CD with the passive (can't remember the name). Never use adrenaline rush with Killing spree, and try to keep those on separate cooldowns, which is no problem if you start with spree.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    On cooldown with blades, but to START the fight, I suggest spree first.

I normally start fights as combat like this:

I build to green, and with low energy, pop spree. Then I usually use something that costs energy and pop blades/AR. Then I run normal rotation.
    Yup, if you do AR + SB off the bat, you're not taking advantage of RB (especially w/t15) for your next KS, too. amitrite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Prepot+Stealth Macro, Tricks if you need to, ShS, Ambush, SnD, RS+SS spam to Green Bandits Guile into Killing Spree. Once KS is done if you have CPs left over I put up Rupture and maintain it, Pop AR+Blades. Once AR+Blades is done, you should be in the Deep Insight of Bandits Guile (Red) or just nearing the end of it and your KS should be off CD now. Pop KS again. Rinse and repeat basically.

I have an AoC though, so your rotation may or may not be able to get another KS right after AR+Blades is down.

Once youve opened from stealth, and got your snd up, hopefully by then both trinkets have procced and you can go in to a very bursty killing spree.

Holding for any level of insight for KSp is such a minor dps gain, that its not worth it, no point going to shallow insight if your trinkets have procced off the bat, which they do now, you will actually lose dps, especially if you have the Reducing agility trinket, dancing steel, prepot and skull banner up.

Getting to shallow insight off the bat, if you open with ambush and get no energy return from the 2-3 CP SnD means using 1 rvs and 3 ss, in the time in takes to use 200 energy to do that, you will not have made full use of your trinkets, dancing steel may have worn off on one proc, the short duration trinket buffs, will probably wear off during KSp.

So... open, snd, see everything procced up? KSp!

Thats how I've been opening. If you build to green, your opening trinket procs will be gone by the time you hit AR/SB (if you have the 10 sec rppm trinkets). Shallow insight on KS versus 4-5 seconds of your AR/SB having trinket procs, the latter seems a lot better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Prepot+Stealth Macro, Tricks if you need to, ShS, Ambush, SnD, RS+SS spam to Green Bandits Guile into Killing Spree. Once KS is done if you have CPs left over I put up Rupture and maintain it, Pop AR+Blades. Once AR+Blades is done, you should be in the Deep Insight of Bandits Guile (Red) or just nearing the end of it and your KS should be off CD now. Pop KS again. Rinse and repeat basically.

I have an AoC though, so your rotation may or may not be able to get another KS right after AR+Blades is down.
    Hmm I would try to wait with that rupture and use it after you poped sb/ar. That can be as much as -10 secs from your next ks and ar/sb. I think it's worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Thats how I've been opening. If you build to green, your opening trinket procs will be gone by the time you hit AR/SB (if you have the 10 sec rppm trinkets). Shallow insight on KS versus 4-5 seconds of your AR/SB having trinket procs, the latter seems a lot better to me.
    Yeah this really depends on how long your trinkets last but also considering the dual dancing steel proc at the start, it's probably better to just ambush, snd, rs+ss if trinkets haven't procced, then ks right as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    Yeah this really depends on how long your trinkets last but also considering the dual dancing steel proc at the start, it's probably better to just ambush, snd, rs+ss if trinkets haven't procced, then ks right as they did.
    Well one trinket will be a 10 sec proc because of the 3 viable ones, only AoC has a longer proc duration. Your 10 second one is also pretty much guaranteed to proc instantly. I'd say even if your AoC proc isn't up, you should go ahead and hit KS into AR/SB (especially if Ebon Det). If you wait, your 10 sec procs will drop and yeah you will have your 20 sec AoC proc but either option is basically a wash so you might as well standardize your opening.