Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garneth View Post
    My british friend's mother found this in their garden. This...thing...has been in an area of a garden that hasn't been cut in 5 years, so it could have been dead here a while ago, rotting since. I have no idea what it is, but my current theory is some sort of snake-centipede hybrid. Please help me identify it.

Size: 80 cm long about
    I refuse to accept that this post isn't a troll, because my mind isn't able to deal with the alternative being true right now...

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-05 at 08:05 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Snake+centipede hybrid?? Wat? My brain.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's another angle. I'll post this pic in the OP now.

I'm HOT for HOTS.

Deleted
    It's clearly a Chupacabra you idiots.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-05 at 08:06 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    I refuse to accept that this post isn't a troll, because my mind isn't able to deal with the alternative being true right now...
    I'm not trolling. The snake-centipede thing may have seemed a bit stupid to say, but I'm genuinely interested in finding out wtf this is.
    I'm HOT for HOTS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Without knowing the size (that would have been a good info to supply), I'd guess a fox or cat..
    Location (as in country) would also be nice, as it also rules out a lot of animals..
    Cat? Are we looking at the same picture? Thats doesnt even remotly look like a cat

10+ Year Old Account
    now that i think about it, that thing has really clean teeth
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

It has remarkably good teeth for being british.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-05 at 08:03 PM.

I'm not trolling. The snake-centipede thing may have seemed a bit stupid to say, but I'm genuinely interested in finding out wtf this is.
    Remember to bring us pictures the next time you're at a grocer, of equally mystifying flora and fauna

wtf are these bizzare plants? are they even plants?? maybe they're alien eggs!!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Remember to bring us pictures the next time you're at a grocer, of equally mystifying flora and fauna

wtf are these bizzare plants? are they even plants?? maybe they're alien eggs!!
    I work at a grocer. I assure you the things we sell look completely normal and recognizable ^_^
    I'm HOT for HOTS.

Deleted
    Pretty sure it's a dead dog without legs & ribs.

Trying to do a size ratio with grass this looks like a very small skeleton. The teeth as well are incredibly clean. Were I to guess this is a very young dead animal that simply had scavengers have their way with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    It has remarkably good teeth for being british.
    I'm not sure whether to feel insulted or laugh, I'm going to going to go with insulted.

>:O

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that one of it's arm bones in front of it's head or is that something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Pretty sure it's a dead dog without legs & ribs.
    It is, I think. My Shibas have the exact same shape of the mouth & teeth. Smaller, so maybe someone had an Akita?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is, I think. My Shibas have the exact same shape of the mouth & teeth. Smaller, so maybe someone had an Akita?
    Trying to compare the skull to grass blades I'd be surprised if it was more than 4 inches long. This is a pretty small skeleton, Akitas are bigger.

It's either a fox or a small dog, most likely a fox. The skull isn't square enough to be a badger's. Also, the canines are much too narrow at the base, badgers have really thick teeth.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2013-10-05 at 08:20 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I wonder where the hell its legs and ribcage went...? I mean there's not even any trace of a pelvis or shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I wonder where the hell its legs and ribcage went...? I mean there's not even any trace of a pelvis or shoulders.
    Scavengers.

10+ Year Old Account
    some sort of snake-centipede hybrid.
    Not with teeth like that. o.O Suggest maybe looking up images of skulls for local animals that would be capable of having teeth like that.

Whatever it is, scavengers may have just made off with it's limbs.