Suggested locations for Selling Parts/PC

So I'm wanting to move to a laptop computer. We're buying a new house and don't have room for a full office, so a gaming laptop looks like the best way to go. I have a relatively decent rig and am contemplating selling the parts vs. selling the entire machine and need some help.

What sites would you, have you used for selling a used rig?
    When you sold your machine, was it in parts or did you sell it outright?

Appreciate the help as I weigh some options

I've used eBay to sell PC parts (e.g. CPU/Mobo/RAM combo, a couple graphics cards, a couple monitors, a power supply, and more) before and it went smoothly. Most of the parts sold within the first auction (a couple I had to relist) for the price I was asking for and I've had no issues with people requesting refunds, etc.

I decided to sell it in parts as opposed to the entire machine because I figured it would sell faster, and that it would be easier to ship. I've no experience trying to sell an entire PC.

Just make sure you describe exactly what you're selling and pack it well when you ship it out.

Thanks noteworthy, I've sold an iPad and iPod from eBay and it seemed to go okay, although I've had scam attempts on both

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the real question is why does your PC have to be used in an office?
    In all the homes or apartments I have lived none of them had dedicated offices and that never stopped myself or anyone else from using a desktop computer.
    Here is list of possible locations: bed room, living room, basement, or if you get really desperate a half bathroom is ok as nobody will be taking a steamy shower.

We're moving from a house to a townhouse. We have a new baby on the way. We don't have a basement. 3 bedrooms 4 bathrooms, 3 computers. For each PC you need a desk for monitor and peripherals. Why the laptop hate? For each PC I need a desk for peripherals, for each desk I need a place for the desk. For each place I need an outlet for the the surge protector and wires. Hope that explains my 1st world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Why the laptop hate?
    Mostly because laptops are not really meant for gaming. You can play games on a laptop, but the performance will be lackluster... I do agree with lockblock, if you can find a place to put a desktop, that's what I'd do, but you asked for recommendations on where to sell stuff online so that's what I gave you in my first post. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    We're moving from a house to a townhouse. We have a new baby on the way. We don't have a basement. 3 bedrooms 4 bathrooms, 3 computers. For each PC you need a desk for monitor and peripherals. Why the laptop hate? For each PC I need a desk for peripherals, for each desk I need a place for the desk. For each place I need an outlet for the the surge protector and wires. Hope that explains my 1st world problems.
    Imo you still need all that for a laptop, you only replace the tower.

Blocket utomlands: leboncoin.fr, mudah.my, subito.it, ayosdito.ph, segundamano.es, aggeliopolis.gr, custojusto.pt, tori.fi, berniaga.com, jofogas.hu, tutti.ch, kapaza.be, willhaben.at, yapo.cl, sahipasand.com, bikhir.ma, bomnegocio.com, tradestable.com.ng, compramelo.co.cr, segundamano.mx, corotos.com.do, finn.no, vende.pe, buenacuerdo.com.ar, soov.ee, tocmai.ro, dinkos.com.au, donedeal.ie, roloeganga.com, todoaca.com.uy, kufar.by, chotot.vn, tayara.tn, buennegocio.bo, guateganga.com, hadihiya.com, 2olli.com.

Any of these fit your country? Pretty easy to sell one that site here, you can also easy take 20-30% overprice and ppl still buy.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you live in a large city or near one (in the US), craigslist can work well enough. I've sold multiple custom built PCs that I've built, used for a year, then upgraded and sold the old one. You have to be more cautious about scams, but if you're in a large enough area then there are usually plenty of honest buyers. No fees, no delivery charges, and most people want to by complete PCs so no need to part it out.