Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Wotlk (there must always be a lolking) its even worse then the cata ending...
    This really wasn't a bad ending at all. It actually makes a lot of sense. You can joke all you want with lolking, but the Lich King was bad ass and the best final boss in the game. For there to always be a Lich King makes a lot of sense, they even say so in the scene; the Scourge need to be controlled. For Bolvar to sacrifice himself and telling them no one can know is a very powerful ending.

If we are talking about the worst ending to a game ever, there's no game that even comes close to ME3. You can say it's all about the journey and not the destination, but when I spend 120 hours with these characters, I wanna know that they have a happy ending. Of course, I am still convinced Shepard was infact being indoctrinated and that choosing the Destroy option is the only way to break the indoctrination attempt. Hence the scene afterwards where Shepard appears to be back on Earth, but that has been talked about plenty in the Mass Effect 3 thread.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Jak and Daxter 3, they turned a happy go lucky game series into a dark and harsh world and story, only to turn 180 and end it with the most childish "surprise" ending... Fucking hated it
    I thought the precursor reveal was hilarious, though admittedly stupid as hell.

For the most part, I actually enjoyed the WoW Cataclysm expansion. My biggest complaint about it was having to move among several new zones for questions, etc, but with portals in Orgrimmar, it wasn't too bad.

Thinking of games I've played that had disappointing endings, I'd have to put Doom 3 down as one. I remember being surprised that it ended as quickly as it did, and how it did. Pretty lame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I thought the precursor reveal was hilarious, though admittedly stupid as hell.
    Exacly, it didn't fit. Had it been Jak and Daxter 1 fair game.

This goes way back, but Rampage on the NES literally rewards something like 128 levels with "CONGRATULATIONS." To this day I have never been as disappointed in an ending as I was with that...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Every single Assassins Creed ending seemed like the most stupid and retarded thing ever - until the next Assassins Creed ending, that is. Even Scientology would call bullshit on the part 1 alone.

MoP - great idea to bring the story to a player in a MMO, poor storytelling, horrible story itself. Pretty much the "kill the big bad guy", with an addition of amazingly poor dialogues and characters. And the fact that for some people the antagonist is way more likeable than most of the unrelatable and lame protagonists. So, a very poor ending to a very poor story, at least it fits.

Far Cry 3 - I love the game. I really do, if I had a top 5 games of all time list, it would be up there. But the ending was so obvious, the choice given so lame (and again, obvious) and pretty much destoryed all the amazing feeling of this game. Mass Effect 3 ending wasn't as bad for the story as Far Cry 3's. In a way, I hoped for anything different, be it a cliffhanger, a happy ending, whatever - not a lame ass and illogical choice you shouldn't be making at this point.

Deleted
    Command and Conquer - Red Alert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnwKNynuqYw

The bad Acting makes me crinch.. Combined with the horrible German Voiceover i felt punished for beating the Game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    This goes way back, but Rampage on the NES literally rewards something like 128 levels with "CONGRATULATIONS." To this day I have never been as disappointed in an ending as I was with that...
    Oh gee, thanks for bringing up a part of my childhood I'll never get back ;_;
    I kid, but seriously? Yeah that ending sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius View Post
    Oh gee, thanks for bringing up a part of my childhood I'll never get back ;_;
    I kid, but seriously? Yeah that ending sucked.
    LOL. Worst part was, there was no such thing as saving your progress and turning it off for the night either... I literally had my NES on for like 2 or 3 days straight just so I could finish it!
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Far Cry 3
    I only think the ending was too basic, with only two choices. But it was an interesting "you sucker" moment for those gullible or twisted enough to kill their own friends.

The rest of the game is more interesting, for sure. Gave me the impression that it was all a dream.

But for twist endings? It has nothing on Spec Ops: The Line.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    From a looong time ago:

Lands of Lore!

It took me about 6 months to complete that amazing game, (that was before information was widespread on the internet, having to figure out everything completely without spoilers)
    And then:

The final boss dies. YEY!
    Here is the credit roll.

what?
    Ye - long time ago when we didn't have good internet Good thing I never was able to finish that game then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    That's nothing try Chakan the foreverman one of if not the hardest fame ever made...To my knowledge it remains unbeaten without cheats to this day...Only thing is you beat it and get a screen OBVIOUSLY meant to have text....But there is none...No post game story no ending just a screen with a symbol on it....

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft 2 - HOTS. Christ.

Starcraft BW had a great story, WOL had a so-so story.. but HotS? Blasphemy in the face of BW storytelling.

Games usually have bad story because they don't know how to tell one using it's interactive nature. Started playing WoW recently, the story in MMOs are not very impressive when it's not as interactive as possible. Storylines doesn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst ending in a video game for me prbly be KOTOR 2

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, Rome Total War 2. Its an awesome game, I give it 10/10 for creativity and detail, but end game is just terrible. Its like your enemy doesn't even care, they'll just keep recruiting 'Militia' like units or units that aren't even good for that faction (why the fuck do all the Greeks recruit Javelins when they can get Hoplites and why do the Eastern Factions use foot soldiers when they have the best cav in game!!!) whilst iv unlocked everything zerging them with Praetorian Guard, Heavy Onager, Auxilary Elephants and Praetorian Cavalry.

Also im playing on legendary and the only hard thing about is no radar/map in battles rofl...

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    For me, Rome Total War 2. Its an awesome game, I give it 10/10 for creativity and detail, but end game is just terrible. Its like your enemy doesn't even care, they'll just keep recruiting 'Militia' like units or units that aren't even good for that faction (why the fuck do all the Greeks recruit Javelins when they can get Hoplites and why do the Eastern Factions use foot soldiers when they have the best cav in game!!!) whilst iv unlocked everything zerging them with Praetorian Guard, Heavy Onager, Auxilary Elephants and Praetorian Cavalry.

Also im playing on legendary and the only hard thing about is no radar/map in battles rofl...
    Rome Total War hardly has an ending, it's a match based game. Bad AI means it's a broken game.

ME3, easily. By far the most polarizing moment in a video game..ever
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Prince of Persia, the one on the PS3 where you aren't even a prince.

It makes you actively undo all the work you did in the game and they made DLC for the 'real ending'. I don't think that can ever be topped, at least FF13-2 has a whole other game coming to tie up the trilogy.