Coming back to wow, about to level my shaman from 85 - anything I need to know?

Hey a guys, been a while since I have been on this forum!

So a mate and I are going to start playing again tomorrow (last time we played was end of cata) and I thought I'll ask here for any advice on the class, is there anything major that I need to know about the class or leveling? Prob going to level as ele as I was resto/ele from cata, just thought that I'll check in here and see what the go is!

Cheers!
    'Do you know what the chain of command is? The chain of command is the chain I go get and start beating you with until you learn who is in command!' - Jayne Cobb

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things that are somewhat easy to overlook, but they can help you break up the leveling -- pet battles and collecting various rare spawn items.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

lvling as ele will make things a lot easier just cause while lvling you can instant (healer) que for instances, get practice with it, and get them (the quests) done really fast. and it's the same gear basically anyway

other than that nothing major has changed really lol
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Break up leveling between questing, dungeon running and rare spawn killing. I leveled my Shaman as Elemental and had Resto offspec for insta-que dungeons. My main spec is Resto and I use Ele for everything else, it's great and they share gear well.

I think you can get some pretty nifty blue gear on the AH which you can use from level 85. It usually doesn't cost a lot, and will do until you replace it with some dungeon gear. And if you don't get a dungeon bit to replace it you spent your money well.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Level as ele. You will get hit in the face by mobs but ele is quite tanky with great heals and decent defensives. Do the dungeons and their quests as they give a shit ton of xp. You can try some pvp as well but your burst probably won't be as good without the lvl 90 talent.