Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I dont even see why u made this thread his damage seem fine? Top tip is to reforge for Hit rather than to gem it since its not possible to reforge into Intellect while u can gem Intellect.

Give him 553 trinkets and he should be above the rest
    You get double the secondary stats by gemming though. It all depends on your stat weights, but 2x crit, 2x haste or 2x hit is typically more valuable than 1x intellect.

Unless it leaves you over the hit cap, gemming hit allows you to get more crit or haste.

What is wrong with his damage OP? He's not padding, is that what you want to see? He's second on weapon damage, and middle of the road on garrosh damage. He's using treents too, seems like a sharp raider to me; cares about getting the job done, not padding with add AOE.

The only thing he's messing up on is sunfire dot uptime for some reason. It's 10% lower than moonfire uptime.

I'd be pretty damn pissed if my raid leader did something like this, there's no reason to call a raider out publicly when he's NOT last on damage.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2013-10-07 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    Nope the advice has been invaluable and the Druid in question asked me to put this thread up on his behalf. With the advice given he was able to increase his dps. We're heading into hc and dps wise we are scraping the barrel hence any way we can improve, even a little, is great. Ty

Deleted
    And now leave our forum you arggghh monk!!! :P

Deleted
    Shush you - I started off as a druid and this is my FIRST HOME lol :P Anyway all done here - thanks all

Why is he a boomie if his name is "Ressto"

You link'd 2 fights where his damage will be either gimped by others aoe (Garrosh) or stupid mechanic (Thok interrupt's). For Shamans however, I would recommend him not bothering trying to hurricane the green oozes, ur ele shamman and lock should be able to destroy them. He is effectively losing dps by trying to hurricane adds that might be even spread around. You can see that in the logs, his damage drops to almost non existing when hes trying to astral storm (which is bad in it self) and only hits like 1 or 2 slimes... Also, he let the dots drop at that time...

Also, looks like his opener looks wrong, he was in Lunar, dotted only 1 dog and 1 boss then pop'd CA and then applied all dots? Weird... Should be in solar, pop starfall, pop CA, dot everything, SS procs, when CA is down go to Lunar to get another Starfall... Also, he wasn't being able to keep dots on both bosses all the time, wonder if they are spread and hes out of range? Lastly, he didn't align 2nd pot with his 2nd CA burst, instead he used on hero. I think its okay since he isn't using Inc, but if he switches to INC/DoC he should def be doing the 2nd pot there and not later imo.

PS: on Thok, tell him to try to time better his casts over the boss's interrupt. If you guys push him where you're getting interrupted every second then just tell him to spam his eclipsed dot and use SS procs. It won't be awesome but it will be better than nothing.
    Last edited by land; 2013-10-08 at 05:09 PM.

Top tip is to reforge for Hit rather than to gem it since its not possible to reforge into Intellect while u can gem Intellect.
    160 hit/spirit/exp is more valuable than 80 int if I'm not mistaken, as that's 160 more crit somewhere else on your gear.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    I dont even see why u made this thread his damage seem fine? Top tip is to reforge for Hit rather than to gem it since its not possible to reforge into Intellect while u can gem Intellect.

Give him 553 trinkets and he should be above the rest
    Not true. Unless you're too high on hit, gemming expertise in red sockets will win out for Balance druids due to 2 points of any secondary stat being more valuable than one point of primary.

I agree on the trinkets though, this guy needs some Bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Why is he a boomie if his name is "Ressto"

You link'd 2 fights where his damage will be either gimped by others aoe (Garrosh) or stupid mechanic (Thok interrupt's). For Shamans however, I would recommend him not bothering trying to hurricane the green oozes, ur ele shamman and lock should be able to destroy them. He is effectively losing dps by trying to hurricane adds that might be even spread around. You can see that in the logs, his damage drops to almost non existing when hes trying to astral storm (which is bad in it self) and only hits like 1 or 2 slimes... Also, he let the dots drop at that time...

Also, looks like his opener looks wrong, he was in Lunar, dotted only 1 dog and 1 boss then pop'd CA and then applied all dots? Weird... Should be in solar, pop starfall, pop CA, dot everything, SS procs, when CA is down go to Lunar to get another Starfall... Also, he wasn't being able to keep dots on both bosses all the time, wonder if they are spread and hes out of range? Lastly, he didn't align 2nd pot with his 2nd CA burst, instead he used on hero. I think its okay since he isn't using Inc, but if he switches to INC/DoC he should def be doing the 2nd pot there and not later imo.

PS: on Thok, tell him to try to time better his casts over the boss's interrupt. If you guys push him where you're getting interrupted every second then just tell him to spam his eclipsed dot and use SS procs. It won't be awesome but it will be better than nothing.
    Provided you have a lock in your group (who doesn't?), you can also get unending resolve for a good amount of free casting time.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    Provided you have a lock in your group (who doesn't?), you can also get unending resolve for a good amount of free casting time.
    Wow good point. I'm such a nub, was linking with a rogue till now. Thanks for that!