Deleted

Upcomming upgrade - PSU question.

Hello there.

This is my current configuration:

I am planning to buy the upgrades on two "stages".

1st one:

2nd one:

So the question:
    Can my PSU handle the consumption after both stages of upgrade?

* Suggests for that choice would be nice too.
    Currently i am very disappointed with the AMD graphics card drivers. I play mostly WoW and with 2 latest driver releases(13.4 and 13.9) + the 13.10beta the game is crashing in DX11 mode(forced to play in dx9).. also glitches with water details from one of the last year's releases.
    At the moment my decision is going for NVIDIA Graphics Card.

PS:
    The components and brands are based on what i can find in the shops from country.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Skip the i5-4440, and get an i3-4340. It's cheaper, and better, especially for WoW.
    2) Get the 840 EVO, instead of the 840 Pro.
    3) It might be worthwhile to save some money and just get some more DDR3-1333 to go with what you already have (another 2x2)
    4) Yes, The PSU can handle that as long as it's still in good shape
    5) Depending on when you do get this, the nvidia 750ti might be available.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    In addition to chazus' advice, there's also the possibility of getting the R7-270X for the same price as the GTX660. In addition, you don't really need the Pro SSD for Stage 1, nor do you need the Vengeance Pro RAM. I'd suggest seeing if you can't get a 4670k and Z87 for stage 1, along with an aftermarket cooler. I'd also check to see if your PSU supports such a card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd say a better cpu (specifically 4670K) trumps having an SSD, as much as I love it. Performance is usually always a better bet than QoL/Loading times.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys.

The deadline to finish with this is the end of November/begining of December.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus
    2) Get the 840 EVO, instead of the 840 Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens
    In addition, you don't really need the Pro SSD
    The decision to for the 840 Pro is mostly for the 5 years warranty instead 3 years for the EVO and the difference in the price is acceptable for me.

3) It might be worthwhile to save some money and just get some more DDR3-1333 to go with what you already have (another 2x2)
    I know that but i will sell my current mobo, cpu and ram to a friend when I'm done with the upgrading.
    nor do you need the Vengeance Pro RAM
    Yes I don't need it. But in my situation shop A don't have the non-Pro in stock but sells the Pro version cheaper than non-Pro in shop B which is lol.

4670k and Z87
    I don't really think that I need these. Price difference is significant here between K cpu + Z87 chipset mobo and non-K cpu + H87 chipset.

4) Yes, The PSU can handle that as long as it's still in good shape
    It is 3 years old.. and "survived a lot weather storms + failures from our electricity company. And I really can't complain from it .. it is the same as when i bought it. Also it have more 2 years warranty.

I really liked your suggestions for Graphics card:
    5) Depending on when you do get this, the nvidia 750ti might be available.
    Probably its release will be later from my deadline.
    there's also the possibility of getting the R7-270X
    This one seems very possible to happen.
    But i think it will be too overpriced when it arrives here .. like always in my country.
    And last question: Will my PSU can handle this beauty?

P.S
    You mean R9-270X ,right?

Deleted
    hegys, those all make sense.

And yes, I do mean the R9-270X. Pricings should be available in your country now for the new Radeon GPUs.