Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Guys - I played druid in ToT and now starting to gear my priest because of setup for HC in our 10man so I could be wrong... We are on 5/14 hc - with priest i killed 3/14. I don´t want to tell this glyph is for nothig, but it is true there are on my opinion better glyphs for almost all fights to use. Depends on how your group is moving and which way you are healing. Anyway i don´t think so this glyph is so strong.... but everyone can use what works well for yout raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    This is just strictly false though. The less healers you have the better the glyph is. If you're three healing 10man you have less need for the extra output the glyph provides. The glyph is at its very best when 2healing 10man raids.
    There's no doubt the glyph wouldn't be good, what I am concerned is the mana cost and what it basically does, healing. Especially when raiding in 10m environment the gearing strategy you'll be using is very much dependant on your raid setup and healing team. I raid with a mistweaver monk so my role is pretty much to dps as hard as possible, and mitigate any predictable dmg that will happen. Like most of us playing disc at this point I run with low spirit/high throughput setup and the glyph is just not needed to bolster what I already have. The binding heal glyph doesnt work with spirit shell, if so it would be a no brainer in terms of SS stacking. I find the best use of this glyph when I am running holy with high haste renew build.

Glyphs I am using as a disc mostly this tier: smite, penance and weakened soul (just so weakened soul debuffs wouldn't screw my meta procs so much). Sometimes I use holy fire but it is pretty situational.

However I think it is just stupid to argue the usefulness of some glyph when it is so much dependant on the raid team and your "role" in the group.

15+ Year Old Account
    How much mana it costs isn't as relevant as how much it heals per mana spent and as I already said Glyphed Binding is very efficient in terms of hpm compared to other spells in our kit. And obviously the Binding Heal glyph won't work with Spirit Shell as Binding Heal itself doesn't work with it.

If the premise is that healing in a fight actually matters and it isn't in the form of a simple raid wide damage aura, I consider not using the glyph to equal of shooting yourself in the foot. It's the strongest spamable non-aoe spell in the game. It loses value in 25s but this holds true for 10s.

Deleted
    All let´s say good priests have in all encounters healing done by spells like:

DA on first place mostly
    PW:S, Atto, SS, Cascade, DS, PoM, PoH on other positions

Show me HC encounter where disco priest had instead of one of higher named spells binding heal..... Don´t think so you will find one:/

And mana cost is for sure relevant. We run this patch with less than 10k spirit. If you start to spam binding heal you will be finished very soon with that spirit?!

I run with exactly same glyphs like Vilbu in all fights. Changing only WS for HF.

I also run Binding Heal Glyph. It's not to be used when it has significant over-heal on yourself. I suppose to each their own, but even in ToT when we 2-healed everything, Binding Heal was a lifesaver because there was always enough damage to heal that a cast of binding heal would not only save one person, but help buffer a third.

It's like saying show me a HC encounter where a disc priest chose to FH over a better spell. Binding heal is an EMERGENCY heal, and glyphed it's a strong 3 target one at that. Should it be cast wildly? ABsolutely not. I run low spirit as well, and generally have binding heal glyphed (if not Fade or Inner Sanctum). Is it optional? Definitely. But don't discount it entirely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ycko View Post
    All let´s say good priests have in all encounters healing done by spells like:

DA on first place mostly
    PW:S, Atto, SS, Cascade, DS, PoM, PoH on other positions

Show me HC encounter where disco priest had instead of one of higher named spells binding heal..... Don´t think so you will find one:/

And mana cost is for sure relevant. We run this patch with less than 10k spirit. If you start to spam binding heal you will be finished very soon with that spirit?!

I run with exactly same glyphs like Vilbu in all fights. Changing only WS for HF.
    Sorry but you just don't understand what you're saying.
    First off, just because a spell has low total contribution it doesn't mean it isn't a good spell, it just means that it's not a spell you have to use a lot. It makes the difference when you need the difference. In truth, most priests forget they even have the spell when the best call would be to use it.

Second, healing with low spirit means you need to use spells that are efficient. Spells that do a reasonable amount of healing per mana spent, not spells that cost little. If you use spells that cost less but heals even less proportionally you'll run out of mana faster than you would casting the more expensive, proportionally higher healing spell.

HPM is the most important metric when it comes to efficiency. Mana cost is useless without the context of output.

Mana cost is absolutely relevant. Specifically, you can use glyphed Binding Heal during meta procs and it costs you zero mana. It's not a perfect glyph by any means, but mana cost is not the reason I would say you should avoid using it. The real trick is getting use out of it without it overhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    Mana cost is absolutely relevant. Specifically, you can use glyphed Binding Heal during meta procs and it costs you zero mana. It's not a perfect glyph by any means, but mana cost is not the reason I would say you should avoid using it. The real trick is getting use out of it without it overhealing.
    This and what Lohe said.

I run low spirit and NEVER oom and I still run the glyph.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    Mana cost is not even really relevant during meta procs (Unless you get refunds based on mana cost). HPS is the relevant number. Mana cost is only a factor if you have a high hps/hpm spell like PoM in which case you could save that until afterwards. HPS is still the important number in this case though.

Also, glyphed binding is more efficient than flash heal EVEN if a full third of it is overheal and NONE of the Flash Heal is. Less efficient than GH in those cases though.
    Last edited by Siri; 2013-10-10 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Mana cost is not even really relevant during meta procs (Unless you get refunds based on mana cost). HPS is the relevant number. Mana cost is only a factor if you have a high hps/hpm spell like PoM in which case you could save that until afterwards. HPS is still the important number in this case though.

Also, glyphed binding is more efficient than flash heal EVEN if a full third of it is overheal and NONE of the Flash Heal is. Less efficient than GH in those cases though.
    That's basically what I was saying. Outside of level 90 talents, glyphed Binding Heal is the highest HPS spell available (and one of the most consistent ways to turn a meta proc into useful healing output.)
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2013-10-10 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    True is I didn´t count with use this during meta proc... Next true is i use PW:S as a saver because i run with monk/pala in 10man. So they heal and I give them time to heal plus protect next dmg. I feel a litle scared about saving this for meta proc, because you have to use it on time and can´t wait for meta proc

@Naer
    Thanks for your reply about crit gems in another topic. Here is my gear - as i said slowly starting with gearing priest so would you change already for crit gems according to your reply looks like true? I thought start to gem clear crit after reaching 40k+ spell power but don´t know exactly.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yakka/advanced

Yeah and I'd rather hit the boss with penance 5 more times and use BH to heal a critically low target.

Every bit of damage helps.

Regardless, the glyph is situational and you have to not spam it until people are at full. It's a OH SHIT spell, and should be used as such. One or two casts should be toughen to save someone (and for things like Divine Star to probably come off CD etc).

@Ycko, will reply to this via PM as to avoid going OT.

I guess nobody can disagree the usefulness of binding heal, glyphed or not its a friggin amazing spell to have, no doubt about that.
    In a fight that requires alot of healing and absorption i'd imagine myself even going for the glyph. To be a good healer you need to know how to take full advantage of the tool box you are offered. Be clever and think outside the box.

What I still dont understand is HPM values. I never considered them heavily when performing in a raid. There are certain limits what you can do and what you can not. What I am pretty sure of is that when it comes to pure throughput healing disc isnt the strongest choise. I dont try to fill that role when there is others that can handle it much better, and with better hpm values. I just try to focus on what I am best at as a disc, dmg and mitigation. And it has worked pretty decent so far.