Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Dark Shaman Question (10M)

Are there any rogues out there who have killed Dark Shamans 10M on heroic? Did you use the "Cheese" strategy (splitting them up)? If so, I have a question:

How often did Iron Tomb spawn on you?

From the videos I watched prior to doing any attempts, for whatever reason I thought it didn't spawn on melee, and that he only cast two of them. But after some attempts it's obvious he does cast it on melee, and he will cast 1-3 tombs each time. Does he preferentially target ranged, though? I seemed to get it less when the Haromm group was 2 tank + me + disc priest + resto shammy than when it was 2 tank + me + mistweaver + resto shammy. I am wondering if we added another ranged over there, giving him three viable ranged targets, if I would ever get the ability.

Not that it's hard to deal with as a melee, I am just OCD and want to fully understand the mechanic

On a side note, Killing Spree porting me to the caverns below was pretty hilarious.

Moving this to Raids & Dungeons since nothing here is really rogue-based. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-10-07 at 10:27 PM.

MW Monks are considered melee healers, which is why you (as well as the MW) were being targeted by Iron Tombs. There weren't enough valid ranged targets.

Deleted
    Well, I wasn't on our first kill, but for farm we have only 2healers+3tanks+5dpsers. But if you have any dpsers in haromm group, one healer isn't able to outheal dots and aoes.

EDIT: damn, misread iron prison :P
    Last edited by mmoc87e7f38573; 2013-10-04 at 07:17 PM.

My guild did the split strat, had 2 healers, 2 tanks, and me at Haromm. I never got Iron Tomb unless one of the healers was in melee range. Thus, it prefers people at ranged before it targets melee, but if ranged people are in melee it has no preference.

That makes sense since the resto shammy was parking a bit close to the boss--even without the Monk there I would still get targeted occasionally.

your ranged should stack in melee so that all of the tombs appear in the exact same spot, it gives you 3x the room to work with

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    when we killed it this week for the first time we used the split strat and our druid healer couldnt heal enough

so we ended up using 3 heals 3 tanks lol i know right but still beat the enrage no worries

we used a monk tank, pally tank disc priest, resto druid and me, up the side away from the other group

the 2 healer just keep away from us and did the tombs while i could dps no worries at all

no idea how the other grp did i because couldnt see them from where we were but that grp was

warlock, mage, ele shammy, DK tank and disc priest

we got it down the second time we tried the 3 tanks and 3 healers so really easy

dont know if any of this helps but if the healers are having trouble you can always 3 heal if your dps is good enough

I was the only melee in our raid comp 3 tanks/3healers/4dps and i was permanently with the tomb.No issue with it however i am running Feint(talented)+ cloak(glyphed) when it is about to expire, never hit me for more than 40 % of my health.

Deleted
    I don't get why you want to have your melee at harom. I was on the female (whatever her name is) and didn't find it complicated or even a problem. You can watch my PoV video at my twitch. My name is Tekau there, can't link it though so you have to find it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Tekau View Post
    I don't get why you want to have your melee at harom. I was on the female (whatever her name is) and didn't find it complicated or even a problem. You can watch my PoV video at my twitch. My name is Tekau there, can't link it though so you have to find it yourself
    Because while sure, you can do the caster, it's more complicated and risky than just tunneling haromm from the start to the end of the fight without basically having to worry about anything.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Because while sure, you can do the caster, it's more complicated and risky than just tunneling haromm from the start to the end of the fight without basically having to worry about anything.
    We tried it and found it alot spikier for the healer to have a none-tank with Haromm. The toxic mist hurts like hell.

Deleted
    Splitting them up is hardly 'cheesy', it's common sense ......

Quote Originally Posted by Tekau View Post
    We tried it and found it alot spikier for the healer to have a none-tank with Haromm. The toxic mist hurts like hell.
    That's why on 25 you 4 heal Haromm and 2 heal the other one. Guess on 10 it's something similar (2 heal haromm 1 heal the other one?).
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    That's why on 25 you 4 heal Haromm and 2 heal the other one. Guess on 10 it's something similar (2 heal haromm 1 heal the other one?).
    We most often 2 heal hc

We got it down on Saturday.

Just notes for whoever stumbles upon this thread in the future:

We 2 healed Haromm's side (monk and shaman) and 1 healed the other side (disc priest). My health was really scary at times--mostly when healers had to move to dodge something. I'd keep up feint during those times (15% is better than nothing I guess).
    The healers stayed out of melee range and I never got the tomb. They stacked up to reduce space taken up by the tombs.
    At about 40% we needed to start dragging Haromm down the road due to space limitations.

Fight is really boring for melee
    Last edited by rayanne; 2013-10-07 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question regarding the split up of the 2 groups.

Why do you need people with the caster Boss? Aside of 1 Tank and 1 Healer. Only to kill / control the adds? 1 DPS should be enough for that though?

Szenario:

Group 1 (Caster) is Monk Tank + Healer + Ranged DPS (good at AOEing).

Group 2: Everyone else (2 Tank 2 Healer 2 Melee DPS 1 Ranged DPS)

Wouldn't that make the fight even easier?

From what I've understood, you always have 2 Toxic Mist Debuffs. Not more and not less. Or do they go up if you have more players in range?

Iron Tomb goes out on 1-3 Players. It always prefers Ranged Players (Not in Melee Range). So just have those stack up and move as a group.

Doesnt that mean that Group 1 basicaly has to heal almost nothing / just has to do the adds.

Group 2 just does everything as they would do anyway?

Please correct me if I have a mistake somewhere
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Quote Originally Posted by rayanne View Post
    From the videos I watched prior to doing any attempts, for whatever reason I thought it didn't spawn on melee, and that he only cast two of them. But after some attempts it's obvious he does cast it on melee, and he will cast 1-3 tombs each time/COLOR]
    10 man right? That's weird, our group uses 2 tanks/2 heals, one healer being a mw monk, and they were only getting one tomb on the holy pally every time as far as I understood.

We had our melee sit on the boss that spawns geyser so he never had to deal with tombs. Our tank is ok about geyser and it's an extra target for toxic storm to spawn on that's not range so it helps quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    -snip-
    It's because of iron prison. You need 5 people at least to avoid the tank getting it and the prison being applied again on the people who got it previously. 2 iron prisons go out every 30 seconds, and it's 60 seconds, so if you only had two people there, they would get a constant barrage of 30 second iron prisons. Honestly the caster boss is easier to DPS too. Geyser is casted on the tank, storm is the only PITA but it's far easier than dealing with foul stream.
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-10-08 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    But if you have to stay on harom, how do you handle high stacks of toxicity + foul stream and falling ash. Sometimes our players are just one shotted by one of these abilities.
    Should i take elusivness and have feint/ cos up every time foul stream/ falling ash hits?
    Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthoras View Post
    But if you have to stay on harom, how do you handle high stacks of toxicity + foul stream and falling ash. Sometimes our players are just one shotted by one of these abilities.
    Should i take elusivness and have feint/ cos up every time foul stream/ falling ash hits?
    Thanks for your help.
    Cooldowns and monitoring your stack of toxicity. Above 4 stacks of toxicity or so you wanna make sure you have a cooldown for the stream. For ash it depends really, we were being vocal and calling it out for them and they would cooldown/spam heals on themselves.

Deleted
    Question:

We're gonna have a go at shamans this monday and would like to 3 tank it if possible. None of us have any particularly geared tank alts. Would a ~535 brewmaster be out of the question if we have strong healers?