Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Er, people dying in SoR shows up on my recount.

Uh, do you even have anything to back that up?
    It has been stated that the source of the input lag is combat log entries, recount reads them, it doesn't create them.
    Recount always lags, it's the way the addon works and it's something they'll never be able to fix, same for skada (but it lags less).

However, a lot of other addons can create lag too, even though they aren't related to combat (having auction house addons, reforge addons, weakaura options/tuts enabled hog up a lot of unnecessary memory which will make your skada and recount lag a lot faster than if they weren't enabled).

If you have wow and windows on an ssd, you should generally never have issues with that though (unless you have recount/skada with a full raid worth of combat data in it). Also if you lag on fights, it's always good to clear your skada and recount data, I do it all the time and I rarely lag.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Recount always lags, it's the way the addon works and it's something they'll never be able to fix, same for skada (but it lags less).
    This is a separate issue from the input lag they're looking to fix. People can get input lag without having addons that reads you combat log. When I a slower computer recount would make me drop frames, it wouldn't cause input lag.
    Last edited by Siri; 2013-10-10 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    This is hilarious. I'm a Hpri and I never had lag so far in SoO. But guess what, yesterday I had...
    A lot of people had some server issues yesterday. I don't think it was you.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Why some of you wannabe pro-players insist that healing meters dont matter? Ofcourse they do.. Say, a fight required 220k HPS from the two healers in a 10man raid. Disco priest did 140k of that and the resto shaman did 80k. Some people died because disco went oom as he had to heal MUCH more as the handicapped shaman couldnt keep up with the spread healing. Shaman had the mana but as his tookit didnt have any proper sustained spread aoe heals, he just couldnt keep up.

If both did 110k the priest would have not oomed and the fight could have been a much more pleasant experience for everyone in the raid.

This is just an example about how HPS is and how it affects, and no HPS is not the only way to track healer viability but it is an important one among others even if some of you are stupid enough to think otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course the meter isn't irrelevant but the meters just matter much less than what people give them credit for. If someone dies because none of the healers did dick-all to save him no one should care about who did the most raw healing. If people are playing to do the most healing rather than playing to kill the boss, that's a problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    A lot of people had some server issues yesterday. I don't think it was you.
    Yeah, but our Disc that usually lag on Malkorok and Norushen for example, said it was less lag for him. Odd! So perhaps the effect was for others more than yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Uh, do you even have anything to back that up?
    It has been stated that the source of the input lag is combat log entries, recount reads them, it doesn't create them.
    There are two things at work when people complain about 'input lag' (notice the quotes)

1) Actual, legitimate Input Lag caused by thousands of simultaneous Combat Log entries. It's becoming more noticeable this Tier because of all the add fights.

2) Poorly coded addons (Recount being the biggest culprit), high MS, underpowered computers and any number of things being reported as 'input lag'.

Recount hurts you and quite possibly your raid. Uninstall please.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    There are two things at work when people complain about 'input lag' (notice the quotes)

1) Actual, legitimate Input Lag caused by thousands of simultaneous Combat Log entries. It's becoming more noticeable this Tier because of all the add fights.

2) Poorly coded addons (Recount being the biggest culprit), high MS, underpowered computers and any number of things being reported as 'input lag'.

Where did you get the idea that Recount can hurt your raid when you are using it? It does not communicate with other players to get combat log entries triggered by/on them, these entries are broadcasted by the server (hint: blizzard) to every raider - if it causes issues for you, sure, uninstall it but don't tell other people to uninstall it as well if they are not having issues with it. Personally a different addon caused insane problems on Norushen and Malkorok - http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid-status-hots this grid plugin was last updated in cataclysm but it still worked correctly (but caused a lot of input lag)

Deleted
    So like...is holy even viable in SoO Heroic 10man?
    Last edited by mmocf7e4d66c72; 2013-10-11 at 01:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad you're bringing irrelevant shit into a thread started because of a nerf that was a result of actual input lag, also

No, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Why some of you wannabe pro-players insist that healing meters dont matter? Ofcourse they do.. Say, a fight required 220k HPS from the two healers in a 10man raid. Disco priest did 140k of that and the resto shaman did 80k. Some people died because disco went oom as he had to heal MUCH more as the handicapped shaman couldnt keep up with the spread healing. Shaman had the mana but as his tookit didnt have any proper sustained spread aoe heals, he just couldnt keep up.

If both did 110k the priest would have not oomed and the fight could have been a much more pleasant experience for everyone in the raid.
    And yet, meters would have nothing to do with people dying. Meters won't make you OOM, bad mana management makes you OOM. Meters don't kill people, bad healing (and even more often, avoidable damage eaten by bad players) kills people. HPS ≠ good healing. Even if not as strong or convenient as others, every healing spec at the moment (I play all of them but holy priest) has proper tools for stacked / spread, sustained / spiky damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    So like...is holy even viable in SoO Heroic?
    Ask Jhazrun
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2013-10-11 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Where did you get the idea that Recount can hurt your raid when you are using it? It does not communicate with other players to get combat log entries triggered by/on them, these entries are broadcasted by the server (hint: blizzard) to every raider - if it causes issues for you, sure, uninstall it but don't tell other people to uninstall it as well if they are not having issues with it. Personally a different addon caused insane problems on Norushen and Malkorok - http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid-status-hots this grid plugin was last updated in cataclysm but it still worked correctly (but caused a lot of input lag)
    When I have it turned on, I lag more in 25m. It's that simple.

@ Woaden, anyone else, so should I infer that Skada does not cause as much lag?

Quote Originally Posted by Achtalon View Post

I use Skada and I have no input lag.

15+ Year Old Account
    Recount cause a lot of lag. Skada is much better for some reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    A tick of 4K will make or break a fight? Really? You must be pretty poor if a 5 K heal is all thats keeping your raid alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
    If you're relying on Echo of Light to prevent a death, your raid does not know how to heal.
    unless you are solo healing hc garrosh ;>

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    The problem is with the large number calculations because of stat inflation. The Great Item Squish of 2014™ should help this. Emphasis on should.
    For a computer, doing 2+2 isn't much faster than 20003012030120+23010230120301.

Doing 2+2 once vs doing 2+2 5 hundred times makes the whole difference.

If a heal has complexe calculation (means that the servers has to gather alot of information around, update the results to every person in raid, and often has to do that a couple of times PER spell, for every spell, every second. At some point, some of these information have to be queued for a few MS, but when it gets out of hands, players will notice a input lag, simply because the server has already alot on its hands, and the spell players are casting ask alot more than it used to.

Think i'm gonna propose to blizzard to make all hots tick once every 10 secs while increasing the output accordingly in the name of input lag, i'm pretty sure all the hot classes will be delighted by such news and it won't be a nerf at all right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    For a computer, doing 2+2 isn't much faster than 20003012030120+23010230120301.

Doing 2+2 once vs doing 2+2 5 hundred times makes the whole difference.

If a heal has complexe calculation (means that the servers has to gather alot of information around, update the results to every person in raid, and often has to do that a couple of times PER spell, for every spell, every second. At some point, some of these information have to be queued for a few MS, but when it gets out of hands, players will notice a input lag, simply because the server has already alot on its hands, and the spell players are casting ask alot more than it used to.
    Yeah I was repeating what someone said to me. Someone already said this was wrong and I accepted that :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achtalon View Post

You shouldn't lag, if you drop fps that's expected if your computer can't deal with it because recount is more resource intensive than skada is. It still doesn't cause input lag.