Deleted

[Shadow]Would you like "Glyph of Silence"

Hello every one,
    i find it quite annoying that our silence is on such a long cd.
    Of course it silences for 5 seconds and a shorter cd would make it overpowered in pvp.

So i had the idea for a major glyph:
    If you put it in your cd of silence is reduced by ~50% (maybe to 24s like mages cd)
    The trade-off is that it doesn't silence anymore. So it would behave like a kick from a rogue for example.

Imho this would be great for both pve and pvp.
    In pve you could get a more reliable kick but its still longer/equal to most classes interrupts.
    In pvp you could choose between a long cd and long duration blanket silence which is definitely easier to use or a shorter cd but the downside that you actually have to manage to to catch someone casting.

Looking forward to read your thoughts :P

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You have aoe fear on 30 sec, psyfiend, silence, stun/disarm. This game does not need more cc.

3 second lockout, no silence effect at all, 24 sec cooldown. Like countershot.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Your Silence spell now acts as an interrupt instead of a silence effect and has an 8/24 second cooldown, but no longer works against player targets."

The reason I say this is because really, I don't know how much changing Silence into an interrupt would change shadow in PvP, so I go with the "gives something for PvE, doesn't break PvP" solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    No. You have aoe fear on 30 sec, psyfiend, silence, stun/disarm. This game does not need more cc.
    Don't know if you really read what i wrote.
    The glyph would replace a strong cc with a weaker cc and not add another one.
    Actually interrupting a cast requires more skill imo then just silencing someone what would justify a shorter cd.
    And on the other hand it would still be worse then eleshaman's(shorter cd) or mage's(no blanket) kick for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    [...]but no longer works against player targets."
    I think i read some time ago that Blizzard doesn't really want to go the direction to have spells work differently in pve and pvp.
    And this would go into this direction i guess.
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2013-10-10 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Don't know if you really read what i wrote.
    The glyph would replace a strong cc with a weaker cc and not add another one.
    Actually interrupting a cast requires more skill imo then just silencing someone what would justify a shorter cd.
    And on the other hand it would still be worse then eleshaman's(shorter cd) or mage's(no blanket) kick for example.
    No need to homogenize every class. What next, a priest with stealth? oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    I think i read some time ago that Blizzard doesn't really want to go the direction to have spells work differently in pve and pvp.
    And this would go into this direction i guess.
    No, they are fine with it. Chaos Bolt, Find Weakness, Colo Smash.

Anyway, the issue is, your idea would break pvp because it would allow priests to opt out of silence and gain a counterspell, something the game ill needs. Spriests being weaker than they should should be addressed that way- not by adding more CC (which yes, this does).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Oh yeah we're overflowed with CCs, but still I get destroyed by any DK in 2s (sp+rogue) because he has 4 CC breaks vs us. Apparently not enough to survive the 20~ seconds where I got nothing left to use.

@OT: I wouldn't use this glyph for PvP to be honest, but I would agree that it feels pissy in PvE when there's interrupting needed to do. I think it would indeed be too much homogenisation but I can see where you're coming from.

I kind of wish there was a glyph to turn Psychic Scream into an interrupt TBH. Both in raids and while soloing I'd much rather be able to interrupt rather than AoE fear, speaking as a Disc Priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    @OT: I wouldn't use this glyph for PvP to be honest, but I would agree that it feels pissy in PvE when there's interrupting needed to do. I think it would indeed be too much homogenisation but I can see where you're coming from.
    Yeah its mostly coming from a pve-perspective.
    Annoying when your interrupt is barely up for every mc @ Garrosh for example.

But i tried to think about pvp too because its in the game. I'm not sure if i would run the glyph in arenas too :P

I could totally get behind using this for PVE if:

Your Silence now has a 15 second (*) cooldown, but no longer silences the enemy target. Instead, it interrupts the target and locks them out of casting a spell of that school for 3 seconds. Not usable on other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a shorter cooldown on the interupt would be wonderful, at least for pve as the silence component is largely useless to me.

Silence is ok as it is. What the game needs is removal of blanket silence effects from every other class that has a CD on it shorter than 45s.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

I like it better for the silence effect, so I say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyce View Post
    I like it better for the silence effect, so I say no.
    You wouldn't have to take the glyph, so your argument is basically "I don't need the glyph so why should anyone else have the choice"...

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You wouldn't have to take the glyph, so your argument is basically "I don't need the glyph so why should anyone else have the choice"...
    Um, no. I answered the question that is the subject of this thread: "Would you like 'Glyph of Silence'" -- my answer is "no [I would not like Glyph of Silence]."