Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macedonicus View Post
    This just reaffirms my view that news reporting has become more over the top and for "entertainment" value than actually reporting the news.
    Hasn't Fox News always been this? But in any case, as long as any news outlet is funded by advertising it will always shift towards attention grabbing entertainment and sensationalism to boost ratings/circulation. To have a news network that avoids this trap you'd need it to be funded in some other way than advertising revenue... like say a liscence fee for owning a television...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xindi View Post
    like say a liscence fee for owning a television...
    It's a horrible system, over here they went even further and made it a tax - literal tax that everyone has to pay so that the national broadcasting system stays up.

I give it the middle finger and just come up borderline non-existent things in my tax report. They ain't getting a penny from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey guys, I found this thing on Twitter, let's just put it on the news! Oh, actual investigation? Screw that, this is 21st Century Fox!"
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It's quite fitting how the new Newsroom looks like out of Star Trek or some other sci-fi, considering they mostly deal in fiction.
    A bit off topic, but the NSA built a war-room replica of the Star Trek ship

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...nder-star-trek

I really don't care about them trying to make it "entertaining" it's just a sad truth of what will eventually happen. (I personally can't wait for the newstation in Idiocracy) I'd just like to see the news, not filtered through specific agendas and biased bullshit.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    "Hey guys, I found this thing on Twitter, let's just put it on the news! Oh, actual investigation? Screw that, this is 21st Century Fox!"
    HERE have a cat pic with captions! OBAAAAAAAAMA!

Edit: No cat pic included in this post. Sorry.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Was Hoping this was about how the Media has become the worst form of news reporting since the carrier pigeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Was Hoping this was about how the Media has become the worst form of news reporting since the carrier pigeon.
    At least carrier pigeons carry their biases openly. Just feed them some seeds and they're your best friend.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Sorry. Its just a bunch of old people that think giant touch screen tablets are "technological advances" and revolutionary.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I kinda want one of those 55inch touchscreens...imagine playing WoW on that with touch

But it's all overkill. Give me a plain, simple room with a desk, two unbiased people, and the news and I'm happy.
    HAH.

Silly Darsithis, unbiased is for dogs.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    All those screens with pointless and irrelevant info just end up reminding me of this;

15+ Year Old Account
    I kinda want one of those 55inch touchscreens...imagine playing WoW on that with touch

But it's all overkill. Give me a plain, simple room with a desk, two unbiased people, and the news and I'm happy.
    The Young Turks, perhaps?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I wouldn't be so dismissive just yet.

Show me a video of their news broadcast using this room.

Then we can judge.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite fitting how the new Newsroom looks like out of Star Trek or some other sci-fi, considering they mostly deal in fiction.

Well said, good sir. Well said
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

First of all, it's fox, so it's certainly not the future of "news" reporting.

Second : some new, slightly bigger screens and all a sudden we are in the future ? Dont think so. It's just a new studio decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The Young Turks, perhaps?
    He said unbiased.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    First of all, it's fox, so it's certainly not the future of "news" reporting.

Second : some new, slightly bigger screens and all a sudden we are in the future ? Dont think so. It's just a new studio decoration.

He said unbiased.
    TYT is probably as close to unbiased as we get these days :/ Their opinion pieces are obviously from their perspective, but they don't follow the preachy talking points that the US left/right split media both read from (which is not to say that MSNBC is as bad as Fox, because Fox is a league of it's own). When they report stories, its usually pretty decent (though I've seen a drop in quality in the last week).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Can you imagine? Instead of using the keyboard or mouse to activate your spells you have to touch the spells on the screen instead. You would get a good workout over a boss fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    TYT is probably as close to unbiased as we get these days :/ Their opinion pieces are obviously from their perspective, but they don't follow the preachy talking points that the US left/right split media both read from (which is not to say that MSNBC is as bad as Fox, because Fox is a league of it's own). When they report stories, its usually pretty decent (though I've seen a drop in quality in the last week).
    I don't get the obsession with TYT, and I would say they are far from unbiased. It's still all that blubbering idiots opinion, no matter which way the bias happens to swing on that given day. MSNBC is just as bad as FOX, the only difference is they don't try to deceptively repackage and hide it like FOX does.

PBS Newshour is really as close as it gets, in my opinion. This is coming from somebody that watches a lot of FOX News.

Aaaaaaand we have a winner. We're done here, folks.

talk about big government being a waste...