Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I am still pretty excited about this, its really well done, especially controls, upgrades etc. the whole backbone of the concept is absolutey awesome.
    2 maps are just not enough though, there should have been 3 for early access and 1 or 2 new ones with the official launch.

something else this needs is some connection with the main character.
    Its completely fine that this is an isolated new game, and I hope many new people will play swtor because of this. but at least some reputation with rewards for your character would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brautigan View Post
    I must say it is great fun. Takes a match or two to get used to the controls, but after that it is pretty sweet (albeit with constant learning). The customization options seem pretty solid as well. You get some amount of XP for each match, which is a decent bonus for me (highest character is 45 Juggernaut).

Hopefully they are planning to brush up the tutorial level (assuming so since this is early access). I guess it is useful for learning some of the flight mechanics, but would be great if they put moving targets and other things in it as well.
    Yeah for the third match I had (I think) thermite lock on missile. So I held RMB, those four arrows connected on enemy ship, released - nothing. Very clear design.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Deleted
    you released too late, and the enemy got clear of your targetting reticle. You gotta keep them on your sights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate that I have gotten sucked back into the land of modded Skyrim because I wanted to spend more time with this. Instead I only messed around with the customization and played in one match. From what I saw I was really impressed. I don't think this is a feature I personally will get too into, but its really awesome its now in there and it looks like its a lot of fun. I especially liked the chatter from your co-pilot, it made it feel like people were in the ship.

Crazy addictive, and REALLY fun in premades. I play the double-secondary fighter and my buddy is the gunship. The 2 of us can easily keep an area locked down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been experiencing the video card failure issues with this patch, I was able to get in one and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yeah for the third match I had (I think) thermite lock on missile. So I held RMB, those four arrows connected on enemy ship, released - nothing. Very clear design.
    Yeah, you need to hold missle lock for about a second longer than you think you need to in order to get an actual launch. It's why I prefer to use the concussion missles on my strike fighter - less damage, but only about two seconds to get a lock instead of four.

Deleted
    Great fun

Greatly disappointed by the options... No, grinding out so i can incrase my blaster damage by 2% isn't really my cup of tea.

Also, either i missed something or the visual customization could use, well, about a million additions...

Kinda meh on it overall. Wish there were more focus on improving the core gameplay and play experience. Though the ship fighter stuff is competent enough. It feels like, a really big patch more so than an "expansion".

So far I've my loadout has been the double-secondary striker. My primary is the quad lasers and my 2 secondaries are cluster rockets and the proton torpedo, and this proves to be a very deadly combination. Aiming with the proton torpedo is not anywhere near as difficult as most players will have you believe. I can very consistently launch a proton on approach, activate bypass, and then cluster + quad to finish people. I also think cluster has some of the most interesting choices at the bottom of their talent tree as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    the enemy probably used a maneuver, which makes you lose your lock on.
    but yeah, I wish they would give a clearer visual signal when your lock on ready to fire, the accustig signal can be overheard in blaster fire.

Along with a greater visual notification when you lock-on to something, I would also love some notification if one of my attacks was evaded.

To me, it's fun every now and than. But it feels more like a mini-game for me then anything else. I'm just afraid that if you don't play it regularly and upgrade your ships, you're going to be outgunned and outmatched by a big margin eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    To me, it's fun every now and than. But it feels more like a mini-game for me then anything else. I'm just afraid that if you don't play it regularly and upgrade your ships, you're going to be outgunned and outmatched by a big margin eventually.
    Don't they have some sort of ranking system? Or are we heading straight towards the equivalent of the pvp fiasco we had on release where pre-50s were fighting 50s with raid gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    The same applies in any PvP system with gear/accessory/ability based progression. There is a ceiling for player power though, so it won't be insurmountable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    Great fun

Greatly disappointed by the options... No, grinding out so i can incrase my blaster damage by 2% isn't really my cup of tea.

Also, either i missed something or the visual customization could use, well, about a million additions...
    The problem with the visual customization is that, apart from paintjobs and blaster/engine colors, it's directly tied to the parts of your ship. If you want the engines to look like the barrel roll ones, you have to use barrel roll, even if your playstyle demands other engines.

Edit: I thing I really don't like: there is NO information AT ALL on the various parts you can install ingame. they should make all the information available to us w/o having to use a 3rd party website.
    Last edited by mmoc30052307fd; 2013-12-07 at 09:20 PM.