World PvP on Timeless Isle on a PvE server

There is probably already a thread, but a quick search I couldn't find one.

In general MoP has been a good expac, especially ToT and the SOO experience so far. Even LFR is proving challenges for 3rd and 4th bosses for those unable to move out of stuff. Good that everyone has an opportunity for a legendary.

However, probably the most frustrating part of the whole expac for me on a PvE server is the PvP element on Timeless Isle, especially on a very unbalanced server. I play horde and find it extremely frustrating to find 10 - 20 flagged alliance running around trying to interfere whilst fighting the celestials, pulling the adds in the courtyard up into the ordos fight,etc. Sometimes it is a challenge to get a group together let alone the frustration of multiple wipes, healers and tanks getting accidentally flagged, etc, by others who get enjoyment out of spoiling other people's fun. Inevetiably I waste time every night back at the horde landing waiting to become unflagged after ordos, celestials, rares like houlon, the ship and evermaw, and the Prince challenge, which can attract 100s that make targetting the mobs extremely difficult. I die enough to the mobs without having to worry about roving packs of allaince looking to pounce. Wouldn't miss this element for a minute in any future expansions.
    Last edited by allynnon; 2013-10-09 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Typo in title

Quote Originally Posted by allynnon View Post
    There is probably already a thread, but a quick search I couldn't find one.

In general MoP has been a good expac, especially ToT and the SOO experience so far. Even LFR is proving challenges for 3rd and 4th bosses for those unable to move out of stuff. Good that everyone has an opportunity for a legendary.

However, probably the most frustrating part of the whole expac for me on a PvE server is the PvP element on Timeless Isle, especially on a very unbalanced server. I play horde and find it extremely frustrating to find 10 - 20 flagged alliance running around trying to interfere whilst fighting the celestials, pulling the adds in the courtyard up into the ordos fight,etc. Sometimes it is a challenge to get a group together let alone the frustration of multiple wipes, healers and tanks getting accidentally flagged, etc, by others who get enjoyment out of spoiling other people's fun. Inevetiably I waste time every night back at the horde landing waiting to become unflagged after ordos, celestials, rares like houlon, the ship and evermaw, and the Prince challenge, which can attract 100s that make targetting the mobs extremely difficult. I die enough to the mobs without having to worry about roving packs of allaince looking to pounce. Wouldn't miss this element for a minute in any future expansions.

Update the title as your complaining about pvp on a pve server title is misleading.

Timeless Isle was not primariliy meant to level up; it was meant more as an endgame zone to play around in for those with BiS gear or kinda-almost there. If your dying to the mobs there, you oughta either level up to 90 or get better gear.

PvP is inevieteble, Blizzard explicitly stated that everyone who goes to Timeless Isle will in some way, shape, or form, experience PvP, regardless of what kind of server the play on.

Not really my problem anyways, since I mainly play on PvP servers anyways.

World PVP in WoW usually means a one-sided zerg and camp fest that is only enjoyable for the overwhelming side.

Eventually most PVP servers will become like Darkspear or Illidan. You won't see the other side because they all transferred out of frustration.

There are very few, if any, servers left that are truly balanced right now.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    World PVP in WoW usually means a one-sided zerg and camp fest that is only enjoyable for the overwhelming side.

Eventually most PVP servers will become like Darkspear or Illidan. You won't see the other side because they all transferred out of frustration.

There are very few, if any, servers left that are truly balanced right now.
    Censers of Eternal Agony help a lot with this though. They allow the overpopulated side to kill off its own and even the scales. On my server, Alliance are severely outnumbered but rarely have problems with the Horde trying to gank us. I get ganked more on my Horde toon then I do on my Alliance one.