Glyph of Guided Stars

So I was browsing logs and noticed that with more casts than some other moonkins I was getting less hits with starfall because of this glyph. Usually was only using it for malkorok since taunts are often slow on the adds in my raid and forgot to take it off for other fights. So if you're using this glyph make sure to check your logs and compare starfall hits to starfall casts.

I just don't use it anymore. It is nice to have though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to use it on Garrosh due to adds coming at me even after a taunt if starfall hits again 1 still comes. Im on engineers in the fight so Im kind of far for a tank to really help retaunt or do anything for that matter other than running across the room with adds to get the 1 off me. I just use the glyph and don't worry about it. This is as the adds are first spawning.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Deleted
    Oh, I had no idea and I've been using the glyph since 5.4 launch. I'll do some experimenting with this later and see what I get out of it. How big was the difference in your case (like, just a few stars in total or an average of a few stars per cast over the whole fight)?

This is quite normal due to the mechanics of starfall.
    Maximum of 20 stars in 10 seconds, and to prevent big burst, the stars have some sort of icd on a single target. Or a target alone would eat 20 stars in 10 sec and would take humongous damage. I am not really sure what is the minimum targets to have 20 ticks of starfall but lets say its 5.

Purely because of the reason above, if you dont have dots on all targets, those stars just wont unleash the stars on your dot target just because it couldnt on anyone else. Thus this glyph has no point other than preventing CC breaking and/or threat issues(You can just postpone starfall anyways).

To give a lot more detail:
    Say on single target, stars fall in a 1 second interval. That would be 10 stars falling. So on 2 targets, you would get the maximum amount of benefit from starfall as its limit is 20. Now if you have the glyph and dont dot the 2nd target. You will have only 10 stars falling so less stars overall than a non-glyph guy. Intervals are just random so does not reflect the actual amount, just for you to get my drift.
    Last edited by Naojirou; 2013-10-09 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On 1 target you get 10 stars, on 2+ targets you get the full 20 stars. So on HC Malkorok for example, aslong as you don't dot the adds, you won't aggro them, but starfall will do 50% less damage with the glyph. That being said, if you wait for the blob to get into melee, dot it once, you'll get the full 20 stars.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Naojirou View Post
    This is quite normal due to the mechanics of starfall.
    Maximum of 20 stars in 10 seconds, and to prevent big burst, the stars have some sort of icd on a single target. Or a target alone would eat 20 stars in 10 sec and would take humongous damage. I am not really sure what is the minimum targets to have 20 ticks of starfall but lets say its 5.
    It's much easier than that. They get triggered once per second and choose two different random eligible targets. No CD of any kind.

There's no actual 20 stars limit on the spell, you just end up with 20 stars after 10 seconds naturally.

That aside, i'd really like to have Astral Storm replaced with that spell Moonfang has(just the graphic).

Deleted
    Malkorok doesnt have any adds, I think you mean some other boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Malkorok doesnt have any adds, I think you mean some other boss?
    On HC he does.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    On HC he does.
    these normal raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    these normal raiders.
    lol

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post