Did Blizz Change the Character Selection Background?

Or am I bugging out or something?
    Logged in just now and saw this background on all my Horde toons.

What gives?

It was changed with Mists.

All Alliance races have a Stormwind background, all Horde characters have an Orgrimmar background.
    Death Knights still have the DK background, Pandaren have a Pandaria background.

Edit: woops, I guess that's just for creation screens.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-10-09 at 02:50 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you fully downloaded? I believe it defaults to that if the correct racial screen isn'tl oaded.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It was changed with Mists.

All Alliance races have a Stormwind background, all Horde characters have an Orgrimmar background.
    Death Knights still have the DK background, Pandaren have a Pandaria background.

Edit: woops
    The Stormwind (inside a room)/Orgrimmar background is only when creating a new character. All existing characters have their respective starting area as background, except for Human and Orc. And judging by that picture, it is glitched. Checking my own troll, it shows the normal Echo Isles background.

It randomly happens like that sometimes. Not sure what causes it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I like it better to be honest. Wish it was the actual background.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    My character select screen has changed back to that default screen before. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's happened a few times. It should revert back to normal soon, if your experience is similar to mine.
    Look! Words!

are you using a fixed wow.exe to run the game?and are you using customized mpq files?
    well,i am. i think the fixed wow.exe and/or the custumized mpq files could result so.
    try removing your mpq files and use the original exe file and run it again, see what happens
    good luck

It randomly happens, mate. I don't know what causes it, but I see that background from time to time. I hate it, but still it appears randomly.

Mostly this happens when restarting the game after it crashed or I alt-f4 out of it. It is not 100% reproducable, though.

I prefer this screen.. but then, it is only there for a few seconds before you login, soooooo