Do I have the capabilities of being a good MW?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/83kxee0hf1ldddk5/

Those are the logs from my guild's raid tonight. I love love love to fistweave, but according to the standards set here, things like my RM uptime are terrible. Am I holding my raid back, or am I holding myself back from being better... in the context of the best healing throughputter in the raid. I want to say that helping to dps is helping the group, but I have a feeling if I don't practice the "correct" way when we get to heroics we will hit some walls... that also begs the question, am I getting carried? I have lots of fears and anxiety's about my performance, I feel like I don't actually know what my role is sometimes.
    Can anyone help?

It's hard to say if you are holding your raid back, but you are certainly holding yourself back from your maximum throughput as a healer. Fistweaving is great on trash and farm bosses, but I have found it always best to MW when on progression. Some bosses it's great if there is a large dps buff or overall light global dmg but FW will never put out as much healing as RM/Uplift spam.

As long as you guys are not hitting enrage timers, I doubt your 30k dps is really making or breaking any of the fights.

If you really enjoy dpsing and healing at the same time I would look into lightning weaving. I have seen some people pulling well over 100k which means they are healing much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokestone View Post
    It's hard to say if you are holding your raid back, but you are certainly holding yourself back from your maximum throughput as a healer. Fistweaving is great on trash and farm bosses, but I have found it always best to MW when on progression. Some bosses it's great if there is a large dps buff or overall light global dmg but FW will never put out as much healing as RM/Uplift spam.

As long as you guys are not hitting enrage timers, I doubt your 30k dps is really making or breaking any of the fights.

If you really enjoy dpsing and healing at the same time I would look into lightning weaving. I have seen some people pulling well over 100k which means they are healing much more.
    not sure where you got 30k dps from lol, I'm ilvl 553, I contribute from 70k-130k dps

this is all I think of when I fistweave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzitoTT14xg
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2013-10-09 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Well your healing is quite miniscule on some fights, and the raid might as well have brought another dps instead of you. But 3 healers on normal is over doing it imo, except on maybe thok.

When you guys do heroic modes, you probably want to MW, not fistweave however, the raid damage is pretty brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Well your healing is quite miniscule on some fights, and the raid might as well have brought another dps instead of you. But 3 healers on normal is over doing it imo, except on maybe thok.

When you guys do heroic modes, you probably want to MW, not fistweave however, the raid damage is pretty brutal.
    If you are referring to iron jug, I got locked out, and could only r m myself and cast a revival(which I was instructed to do because they were about to die)
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2013-10-09 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Also feels like your shaman could perform much better, as they are pretty much the kings of aoe heals atm.

Are you guys not stacking properly on some fights? Like, there are fights where his healing rain should dominate, but his chain heals are doing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Also feels like your shaman could perform much better, as they are pretty much the kings of aoe heals atm.

Are you guys not stacking properly on some fights? Like, there are fights where his healing rain should dominate, but his chain heals are doing more.
    from what he's saying he doesn't have much to heal, with my smart heals going out, and the disc priest smart heals going out, I could see how that would keep him from having much to heal, i think he may being going ele soon.

Deleted
    If you love to fistweave this is the tier for you, with Chi Brew you can pretty much fistweave as you would regularly but are also able to guarantee uplifts when you need them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love fistweaving as well, but like others have said it's just not viable once you get into H progression. That being said however, if you plan to continue fistweaving you may as well invest in the DPS cloak and take up Zen Sphere. It doesn't give Eminence healing but it contributes quite a bit to your damage done (~10% in my tests) and has better stats to boot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    from what he's saying he doesn't have much to heal, with my smart heals going out, and the disc priest smart heals going out, I could see how that would keep him from having much to heal, i think he may being going ele soon.
    Well, that doesn't change the fact that his chain heal heals more per fight than his healing rain, which it shouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash your shaman, just pointing out that he has improvements to work on.

Only reason I mention it, is since you said you were afk on juggernaut, I think the shaman would be more of a problem than you, as in, he needs to work more on his healing than you do. Once you go mistweaving, I'm afraid he will fall really hard behind.

And resto shamans are really sick in 10 man atm, maybe 25 man too, but I'm not delving into that raid size too much. On heavy raid aoe fights, our shaman will really dominate with his healing rain, which is a super strong aoe healing tool now.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-10-09 at 02:43 PM.