Poll: How often do you abandon posts mid-writing?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How often do you start to comment on a thread and then....

So I find myself frequently beginning to write responses/comments on forums, then changing my mind and jumping ship... because I find that to express myself is going to take so long to write that I figure nobody is going to read it and it isn't worth the effort. Either that or I realize that my thought isn't original and not worth the time. Often I'll sit there thinking and composing for 10 minutes before changing my mind! This is practically a daily occurrence.

So, am I nuts? Do other people find themselves doing the same?

Deleted
    Way too often mostly when i know it'll cause a hassle and i cannot be bothered with the backlash.

Happens to me pretty often. I'm also pretty bad about posting something and almost immediately deleting it. I end up editing my posts a lot too. I'll change my mind about something, remember something I forgot to mention, etc. I'd say most of my posts here probably have the "last edited by" note on the bottom of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too many times in a day :P For myself most of the times I don't post is because some one else said basically what I want to ..but better!

10+ Year Old Account
    I do it quite often, or start formulating a reply in my brain to the OP (and first few posts), then realise the thread is 20 pages long

Deleted
    Wait, what? Somebody on the internet made you change your opinion? Unpossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I'd say most of my posts here probably have the "last edited by" note on the bottom of them.
    Waiting for it...

OP: I occasionally kibosh a post. 9 times out of 10 it is after I have typed out a post flaming someone for something stupid they said. I'm usually "cooled down" after I proofread it and just say screw this guy, cancel post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a bit. Probably the reason I have never been infracted for flaming.

Often enough to convince me that i actually have a filter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Often enough to convince me that i actually have a filter
    Wait, you mean people don't?

(Note: this doesn't mean that people USE it, but just that they have one)

I generally find myself thinking that my reply is overall too negative (even if the op is wrong) and will delete my response and close the tab.

Deleted
    Bretty much a lot, and I still never end up actually contributing much. Life is too complicated for me, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too often.

Sometimes I start writing and then realize I can't figure out how to get my point across properly so I give up.
    Sometimes I write something that I think is funny, then finish and realize it really isn't funny
    Sometimes I write something that I think is funny and innocent, but realize it could be taken the wrong way

Usually its the first.
    Putin khuliyo

I started commenting on this one and then...

(Kidding. Often, I start responding to someone then just go, meh, I don't feel like arguing about this today.)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like, 90% of the posts I write. I just stop halfway through and go "Yeah, no one would read this. I'll just stop writing now and leave."

Deleted
    Whenever i write something and i realize it makes me look mentally challenged...
    It usually involves reading it allowed. Then i ask myself "would i say this to a person sitting in front of me?"

all the ti

Deleted
    Every now and then, although starting to write is already quite rare for me =P usually I just don't write at all because I don't feel like reading a 10+ page thread, and I know I'd just end up replying to the OP even though the discussion is way further already. This is obviously an exception because your question is still valid on the 10th page, while for example a Lore thread could be asking questions about the answer they already got to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Wait, what? Somebody on the internet made you change your opinion? Unpossible.
    You didn't read the entire OP did you?

OT:
    I think about 60-70% of the time I abandon my post. Typically I get done and think, "What's the point?" and then close the tab.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say roughly 3/4 of my posts are scrapped before I hit the post button