Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stino View Post
    So you think it is OK to do less than 70k dps with a 25% damage buff, in gear that is ilvl 500+. This makes me question how a player even reached level 90.

So you think it is OK to enter a raid, which is a group effort, being completely unable and unprepared to help your group? You my friend, is what is wrong with the WoW community.
    So a player does 70k dps ...who cares it's LFR he paid his membership not you, as long as the bosses drop loot I don't think anyone cares tbh.
    And if LFR struggle getting loot (no biggie) nerfs inc anyway...it's win win

Quote Originally Posted by the View Post
    I don't see how this is constructive. You haven't given alternatives to the people that are in LFR and looking to do end game content.

When was this time when "you had no idea what you were doing, you weren't showered in epics"? "Welfare Epics" was started in BC, with arenas and badge gear. And I still remember how my guild wasn't doing "REAL raiding" because we got purples out of ZG and AQ20 instead of 40 mans.

You've concluded that the playerbase has gotten worse. That may be an incorrect assessment. Instead, consider that you may be playing with a worse playerbase. LFR is the equivalent for those that would do the new heroics that would be released with the raid in previous expansions. This is where they go for upgrades.

If you think that 535 gear is good compared to 553, consider how many burdens someone would have to obtain first, then how unlikely they are to get a good "of the" combination once the burdens are used. This is also an 18 ilvl difference. Moshu'gan Vaults normal mode dropped 489 and people were able to buy the same ilvl just with valor, which was given for daily quests. LFR gear is 528 compared to 553 is 25 ilvls, nearly the difference between "heroic" dungeons and 489 ilvl raid gear at the beginning of MoP (26 ilvl). I don't see the reason you'd start to be upset by the current tier, what is different?

I would suggest flex, as if you're looking for Titan Runestones they are on a boss-by-boss basis, not a per difficulty basis. So if you did the boss in flex, there is no reason to do it on LFR.
    I'm upset by the fact, that players who aren't ready to raid on ANY level, including LFR, are not only able to raid, contributing NOTHING to their teammates, but are actually SUPPORTED, and ENCOURAGED by the community today.

It is disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm upset by the fact, that players who aren't ready to raid on ANY level, including LFR, are not only able to raid, contributing NOTHING to their teammates, but are actually SUPPORTED, and ENCOURAGED by the community today.

It is disgusting.

LFR is the base line where they learn to be better, the only alternative where you can play with a group is scenarios or 5mans and in both the mobs die within seconds and it's not on the same scale as raids. Going from healing 3-5 people to healing 25 is a big change. LFR is the best place to learn how to do so in a safe protected environment where mistakes can happen and the raid doesn't wipe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to talk badly about people for their skill level.

What I am talking badly about them for, is if your skill level is so poor, do not join a group for something that people will be reliant on you for success. You don't belong there. Plain and simple. Find something else to do.
    Why don't you do find something else to do?
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Why don't you do find something else to do?
    Because.

Good enough answer for ya?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    After 5.4 I don't care what happens to LFR flex is the way to go for me. Less headache + better loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Lets say roughly 60%. Do you feel better now? It's much more accurate.
    Maybe. But where are you getting that percentage from?

Also did you know that 49% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Deleted
    They are casual players with other things going on that are most likely much much more important than a video game dude, they don't have to take things so seriously. So they may wipe for and hour... it's ok come back tomorrow and try again.

If they don't care why should you?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Maybe. But where are you getting that percentage from?

Also did you know that 49% of statistics are made up on the spot?
    It's a made up statistic, but if you weren't arguing for the sake of argument, you would agree that a vast portion of LFR players have no idea what they are doing.

But please, by all means, assault my made up statistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    They are casual players with other things going on that are most likely much much more important than a video game dude, they don't have to take things so seriously. So they may wipe for and hour... it's ok come back tomorrow and try again.

If they don't care why should you?
    Because if I don't know how to fly an airplane, I won't try, and cause all of the passengers to die.

If you don't know what you're doing.... don't raid.

You start by saying that you want this to be constructive crticism, but then you just complain about how casual players suck and serious players don't and you apparently think there is a problem with giving all players the opportunity to approach current content.

You don't even attempt to offer a solution, and in any case, this isn't a likely venue for Blizzard developers to seek game improvement feedback( though I am willing to accept it as a possibility if they could filter all the noise).

Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    You start by saying that you want this to be constructive crticism, but then you just complain about how casual players suck and serious players don't and you apparently think there is a problem with giving all players the opportunity to approach current content.

You don't even attempt to offer a solution, and in any case, this isn't a likely venue for Blizzard developers to seek game improvement feedback( though I am willing to accept it as a possibility if they could filter all the noise).
    The solution is to not give players who have no idea what they are doing epics for free, which would result in them having to not be afk, and understand basic game mechanics... if they want loot.

Basically I am saying, my solution is to make people have to play the game to get items.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a made up statistic, but if you weren't arguing for the sake of argument, you would agree that a vast portion of LFR players have no idea what they are doing.

But please, by all means, assault my made up statistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Because if I don't know how to fly an airplane, I won't try, and cause all of the passengers to die.

If you don't know what you're doing.... don't raid.
    I guess I never said this, but I do actually agree with your sentiment that many LFR players don't know what they're doing. I wanted to make a point that the way you're trying to show that is not going to be taken very seriously if you state things as facts that are easy to disprove.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing the thread. There is several LFR threads and this one really doesn't add anything new to the table except the "the average LFR hero" and the "pro raider" discussion.