[Movies] Star Wars Episode VII

Just about everyone was surprised when the news that disney had bought Lucasfilm and was going to be putting out a new Star Wars trilogy - it came out of nowhere, and if you're anything like me you freaked the hell out when you read it.

Now my son gets to grow up watching new Star Wars movies in the theatres as they come out. Yet, like many of you, I'm hesitant to get too excited - Jar Jar Binks still haunts my dreams.

Rumors are flying today from several reputable sources that point to the likelihood of some sizable announcement about the film to be presented and NYCC this week, so with all that said, let's get some discussion going! Anyone want to take a stab at guessing the title?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too worried this time around to be quite honest. The idea that Lucas won't be getting his silly hands on this trilogy fills me with hope that we can get the first Star Wars movie worth getting excited about since the original trilogy.

One might even say I have... *sunglasses* A New Hope.

As for the title, that's anyone's guess at this point. Until we know what the plot is there's no hope in hell of guessing what it'll be called. Assuming heavily of course that they follow on with the expanded universe it could have something to do with Luke taking responsibilities over the Jedi. Would be nice to see Harrison Ford come back as an older Han Solo and maybe even some focus on his daughter, Jaina Solo.

So many possibilities!
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id hope they keep all the old characters out of the future movies, maybe a cameo at most. The Star Wars universe is rich, we don't need the same ol' bs with luke/han and all them continuing tbh.

Shame they are not setting it pre-phantom of menace.
    -K

They've said the old characters will only be there shortly to "pass the scepter to the new generation" or something along the lines. I think they also mentioned not going to use the EA for the new movies. Which is sad cause there are some really good characters and story's within it. But considering the director and the fact that Disney did pretty good with their most recent movies I'm confident it will be better than the atrocity's that are part 1,2 & 3.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Well let's face it... Star Wars can't get any worse, so I'd say it's safe to be positive about it.

Deleted
    Would be nice to see Harrison Ford come back as an older Han Solo
    Have you forgotten Indiana Jones and the Crystal skull? =(

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Have you forgotten Indiana Jones and the Crystal skull? =(
    You can't really put blame on it on Harrison Ford, now can you?

In any case, it just possibly can't get worse than prequel so maybe there's some hope, even if slim. If only they'd stop over-presenting Lightsaber. :|
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    Shame they are not setting it pre-phantom of menace.
    I wouldn't want to see pre-phantom stuff. I know where it would lead. With episodes 7/8/9 they can take it just about any where they want, and we can see it sans Lucas - which is wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly hoping that somehow Mace Windu survived that fall because in all honesty many Jedi's would. He was a character that you could like in the prequels (just like Obi-Wan) and I could somehow see him coming back in 7 but... You guys probably wouldn't like that.
    Hey everyone

I heard somewhere, can't remember where now, that 7/8/9 will be about Luke and Han's kids

I hope they do it as per the Expanded Universe books, which are cannon by blessing. If they just go off on their own and completely disregard those, I can't imagine I will like them. I'd love to see Jacen and Jaina as kids. Perhaps more interesting would be a story arc with Mara Jade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars: Rise of the Emperor.

They have to have a new bad guy!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.