SoO dps requirement for flex?

So we're a very casual raiding guild, nothing too serious, so we raid flex.
    We want to start on wing 3 this sunday but I'm not sure what our dps requirement should be.
    Malkorok only has 10 mil less hp on flex. As an example, iron juggernaut has 90 mil less.

I calculated the dps per person to hit the enrage and if I calculated correctly, every dps needs to do 200k.
    Is that correct? Isn't that quite a lot more than the previous wings?

10+ Year Old Account
    his HP will vary according to the # of people so when you say he has 10million less... at what number of people?

I killed him in a full flex (25) last reset and we weren't all over 200k and the enrage was fine. Coordinating soaks etc was more of an issue actually.

Not a chance the required figure is as high as 200k. I'd say if you can average just over 100k-120k per person you should be fairly comfortable.

Not a chance for Flex. DPS for a 5 minute kill with three healers on normal difficulty was only 220k, 195k, 188k, 171k and 156k. The only fight which we have ever hit the berserk timer was Norushen. Likewise, healing wasn't an issue at all. The fight is just handling mechanics well and having proper positioning.

All of our kills for Malkorok have been during, or right before the second blood rage.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-10-10 at 06:37 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We did it last week on Sunday and I'm pretty sure the DPS wasn't nowhere near that high. Didn't seem to have any issues regarding DPS or Enrage, the soaks and people failing to Breath of Y'Sharaaj were the main issues. Heroism pretty much on the pull. No idea on DPS, I was tanking and paying no attention to Recount
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamidroon View Post
    So we're a very casual raiding guild, nothing too serious, so we raid flex.
    We want to start on wing 3 this sunday but I'm not sure what our dps requirement should be.
    Malkorok only has 10 mil less hp on flex. As an example, iron juggernaut has 90 mil less.

I calculated the dps per person to hit the enrage and if I calculated correctly, every dps needs to do 200k.
    Is that correct? Isn't that quite a lot more than the previous wings?
    Well, we were there yesterday with 16 peeps. 2 tanks 3 healers 11 dps. 5 people were 190k-200k and the rest were under 100k dps (Carrying undergeared alts ftw), and we had no prob with dps on the whole wing. So the requirements aint that bad. We killed it soon after first blood rage phase, i think we didint get the blood of ya after the blood rage.

So just go in and try it.

Ok thanks for the help all (; I thought it was indeed quite high so I guess wowhead is just off on the health values for molkorok.